PDA

View Full Version : Frankenweenie

StoopTroup
10/5/2012, 08:26 PM
We are going to go see this one tonight. Burton is one weird dude but this one looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2luLW-9ySw

8timechamps
10/5/2012, 09:26 PM
Post a review, I'm thinking the boy will like this. Although Burton is a strange director, he somehow pulls it off.

StoopTroup
10/9/2012, 09:21 PM
My kids loved it. I liked it until the end. It just seemed to lack a good solid ending to a really classic tale of when Genius meets playing God.

Tim seemed to take a more socially open take on kids bringing their pets back to life instead of what I was expecting. I thought he might go for the Playing God is bad as sometimes what you bring back might not fit in no matter whether they are just misunderstood. I won't post how he dealt with it but it was truly a Burton Movie and very a very strange take on a classic. The same as he messed with Christmas being a Nightmare....he messed with Frankenstein being an OK thing for kids to do as a science project for school....lol

My Wife was tired and fell asleep for a few minutes. I caught myself yawning but made it through. My kids seemed fascinated and we did talk about how it was different than the real Frankenstein Movies/story.

The IMAX was sold out and we saw it in digital 3D so i don't know how the IMAX experience was but the 3D was really good considering it was B&W

olevetonahill
10/9/2012, 09:24 PM
Did you have yer Kids there? while ya was Postin?

8timechamps
10/9/2012, 09:24 PM
My kids loved it. I liked it until the end. It just seemed to lack a good solid ending to a really classic tale of when Genius meets playing God.

Tim seemed to take a more socially open take on kids bringing their pets back to life instead of what I was expecting. I thought he might go for the Playing God is bad as sometimes what you bring back might not fit in no matter whether they are just misunderstood. I won't post how he dealt with it but it was truly a Burton Movie and very a very strange take on a classic. The same as he messed with Christmas being a Nightmare....he messed with Frankenstein being an OK thing for kids to do as a science project for school....lol

My Wife was tired and fell asleep for a few minutes. I caught myself yawning but made it through. My kids seemed fascinated and we did talk about how it was different than the real Frankenstein Movies/story.

The IMAX was sold out and we saw it in digital 3D so i don't know how the IMAX experience was but the 3D was really good considering it was B&W

Thanks Greg.