PDA

View Full Version : Fixin to light My heater tonight

olevetonahill
10/5/2012, 08:04 PM
Possed to get down in the low 40s. BRRRRRRRR :blue:

bluedogok
10/5/2012, 08:52 PM
We fired ours up a couple of nights ago when the front blew threw. Had snow this morning, melted by noon but expecting more tonite and tomorrow. It's supposed to be back in the 70's on Monday.

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/155231_3518585054375_1348083000_n.jpg
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/199966_3516364958874_1176603162_n.jpg

salth2o
10/5/2012, 09:15 PM
Is that a Deerborne heater? That is a foreign concept to my kids unfortunately.

We have the AC on here...

8timechamps
10/5/2012, 09:26 PM
We fired ours up a couple of nights ago when the front blew threw. Had snow this morning, melted by noon but expecting more tonite and tomorrow. It's supposed to be back in the 70's on Monday.

Is this going to be your first winter in Denver? Can't remember if you were here last winter, or not.

This time of year, we can have snow on the ground (like today) and be back in the mid 70's three days later. I love living in Colorado!

olevetonahill
10/5/2012, 09:27 PM
Is that a Deerborne heater? That is a foreign concept to my kids unfortunately.

We have the AC on here...

Mines similar , When it gets real cold I start up me pellet stove
http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/19857_lg.jpg

bluedogok
10/5/2012, 09:42 PM
Is this going to be your first winter in Denver? Can't remember if you were here last winter, or not.

This time of year, we can have snow on the ground (like today) and be back in the mid 70's three days later. I love living in Colorado!
I had been up here during the winter before but last winter was my first full one since I started the job here on October 31st. It will be the first for my wife since she moved up here in February and we had little winter compared to what we had prior to that.

rock on sooner
10/5/2012, 10:15 PM

Lived in Colorado for 13 winters, met my wife there, both my kids born there.
My favorite place on earth..Alberta clippers coming down the front range..huge
snow storms when the weather would stack up next to the mountains and, as
you said melt in two-three days. Lived in Ft Collins most of that time, Big
Thompson flood, Estes Park in summer time and late fall when all the tourists
were gone, restaurant named La Casa in Estes...world class margaritas! Have
actually told my wife that I want my ashes scattered over the Rockies but I don't
think she'll do that...

Flagstaffsooner
10/6/2012, 12:24 PM
Wussy, I dont turn mine on until it is 20 below.:gary:

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 12:30 PM
Wussy, I dont turn mine on until itnis 20 below.:gary:

Most of us dont dress like THIS in our homes
http://getoutradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/CarterBundledUp.jpg

MamaMia
10/6/2012, 01:23 PM
The only heater I have on is hooked up to my swimming pool. :)

cleller
10/6/2012, 04:23 PM
I guess I'm gonna start a little fire in the stove. I'd thought about just plugging in the oil heater, since its not too cold, but I've got a ton of free firewood. Hadn't figured it would be this early.

Skysooner
10/6/2012, 04:46 PM
Already snowed here and melted. Mid 20s for lows. Flying to warm San Antonio tomorrow.

MamaMia
10/6/2012, 06:38 PM
I hardly ever wore a coat when we moved back to Oklahoma from Alaska. My body became acclimated to the weather. It was 2 or 3 winters before I actually wore a coat with any frequency.

...and the noise! I remember sitting at the traffic light at 23rd and Meridian in Oklahoma City watching my little brother covering his ears telling my mother that his ears hurt. :(

8timechamps
10/6/2012, 10:18 PM
I had been up here during the winter before but last winter was my first full one since I started the job here on October 31st. It will be the first for my wife since she moved up here in February and we had little winter compared to what we had prior to that.

So you pretty much know the drill. How's your wife taking to the weather? I know some people can't stand to be cold, personally, I prefer it to being too hot.

8timechamps
10/6/2012, 10:21 PM
Lived in Colorado for 13 winters, met my wife there, both my kids born there.
My favorite place on earth..Alberta clippers coming down the front range..huge
snow storms when the weather would stack up next to the mountains and, as
you said melt in two-three days. Lived in Ft Collins most of that time, Big
Thompson flood, Estes Park in summer time and late fall when all the tourists
were gone, restaurant named La Casa in Estes...world class margaritas! Have
actually told my wife that I want my ashes scattered over the Rockies but I don't
think she'll do that...

Colorado is the best place I've ever lived. I'm a college sports nut, so that's lacking here, but it's a small price to pay. I love Ft. Collins. In fact, some day when I retire, I wouldn't mind living in Ft. Collins. It has everything we would ever need, plus it's a college town...to keep me young.

Haven't been to Estes in a couple of years, but they had a major fire "downtown" and had to rebuild, some businesses were lost. I may need to plan a weekend with the woman. We have stayed at the Stanley a couple of times, and it's always fun.

Flagstaffsooner
10/7/2012, 12:58 PM
Most of us dont dress like THIS in our homes

Most of us don't dress like you either!
http://cliff.hostkansas.com/images/2011/old_naked_man.jpg

Wow! Vet called Jenny!

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 03:46 PM
ROTF....

I guess he finally made that run to the Wall Flag.