PDA

View Full Version : Man arrested for car dealerships mistake

MamaMia
10/4/2012, 11:22 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dealership-accidentally-sells-va-man-an-suv-for-5k-less-than-it-costs-then-tells-police-he-stole-it-and-has-him-arrested/

landrun
10/4/2012, 11:28 PM
He paid $34,000 for a Chevy!??? He's still got ripped off after buying it for less than cost. :welcoming: (Kidding)

I wonder how much he'll win the the suit??

olevetonahill
10/4/2012, 11:28 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dealership-accidentally-sells-va-man-an-suv-for-5k-less-than-it-costs-then-tells-police-he-stole-it-and-has-him-arrested/

Was a Board member here, Working in corporate Accounting?

MamaMia
10/5/2012, 12:49 AM
He paid $34,000 for a Chevy!??? He's still got ripped off after buying it for less than cost. :welcoming: (Kidding)

I wonder how much he'll win the the suit??I don't know but 2 million seems like way too much.

I don't understand why the police arrested him in the first place though. What evidence of an actual crime did they have? Failing to sign a new contract is not a crime. He didn't even draw up the contract.

rock on sooner
10/5/2012, 12:25 PM
I don't know but 2 million seems like way too much.

I don't understand why the police arrested him in the first place though. What evidence of an actual crime did they have? Failing to sign a new contract is not a crime. He didn't even draw up the contract.

Just guessing, but his attorney said let's do a big number and then settle out
of court for less. There'll be a confidentially agreement. The attorney will be
$30k or so richer for a few hours work. The guy will keep the Chevy, but will
not shop at that dealership in the future...prolly even move the warranty work.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/5/2012, 12:42 PM
False arrest, false police report. I am sorry, you sign the paperwork and take posession of the vehicle. Its yours, you got a good deal. I would hang that dealership out to dry... $2M not enough in my books. Will tend to agree with Rock on this one.

buck
10/5/2012, 03:13 PM
Haha. I used to work right next door, at Priority Toyota...

rock on sooner
10/5/2012, 03:21 PM
False arrest, false police report. I am sorry, you sign the paperwork and take posession of the vehicle. Its yours, you got a good deal. I would hang that dealership out to dry... $2M not enough in my books. Will tend to agree with Rock on this one.

Oh nooooooooo, THA said "tend to agree with RocK". Be still my beating heart!:biggrin: