PDA

View Full Version : Dorial Green-Beckham and 2 other Mizzou players arrested

Boomer.....
10/4/2012, 01:35 PM
According to a report, the three were found in a white Lincoln Navigator (that's a detail that might draw some attention from reporters) in a parking lot just south of Memorial Stadium. The players were arrested on charges of possession of 35 grams or less of marijuana:

"The officer noticed the individuals sitting in a car and went up and made contact," MU Police Department spokesman Brian Weimer told The Maneater. "The officer observed the odor of marijuana. Through the investigation, the officer made the arrest of three individuals."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/dorial-green-beckham-class-2012-top-recruit-among-175514996--ncaaf.html

Ruf/Nek7
10/4/2012, 01:38 PM
How dumb do you have to be to get caught like this? Bomar dumb?

FirstandGoal
10/4/2012, 01:41 PM
How dumb do you have to be to get caught like this? Bomar dumb?

Well let's see. 18-23 year old males are probably the dumbest representation of our species. As the mother of a 19 year old son, I absolutely know what I'm talking about.

Mississippi Sooner
10/4/2012, 01:48 PM
SEC! SEC! SEC!

8timechamps
10/4/2012, 05:23 PM
This is the first time I've been happy we didn't get him. This is the last thing the football team needs right now!

Seamus
10/4/2012, 05:54 PM
Dorial Green-Tokem.

jk the sooner fan
10/4/2012, 05:58 PM
i had forgotten all about that kid - has he done anything this season? living up to the hype?

Mississippi Sooner
10/4/2012, 06:06 PM
i had forgotten all about that kid - has he done anything this season? living up to the hype?

He had three catches in the opening game against SE Louisiana, and then only one catch in each of the next four. Although his one catch against Central Florida did go for an 80 yard touchdown.

8timechamps
10/4/2012, 06:32 PM

He's a lot like Metoyer is for OU, he's got talent but hasn't gotten to show it really. Against South Carolina, they tried to get him the ball with an end around, but he was swallowed up almost immediately. Mizzou has no chance.

goingoneight
10/4/2012, 07:10 PM
Mizzou was steadily declining in the BIG12 North... and they thought they'd contend in the SEC. Go figure.

8timechamps
10/4/2012, 08:00 PM
Mizzou was steadily declining in the BIG12 North... and they thought they'd contend in the SEC. Go figure.

I thought they would be the ones to at least be competitive in the SEC, turns out it's been A&M. Of course the season is young, and A&M has plenty of time to lose more games.

MO_Sooner
10/4/2012, 08:35 PM
Reading b/t the lines from articles I've read here in Missouri and listening to
all my MU fan relatives, I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed. He's
not picking up the offense very well. I've seen plays get sent in and other
WR's are having to go over and tell DGB what to do. Was hearing the same
thing about him from HS coaches in the area when he played in Springfield.

MichiganSooner
10/4/2012, 08:58 PM
He's got talent and a Lincoln Navigator. I drove a 1967 Dodge Dart when a college student but I did not play football for an SEC team either.

SoonerJack
10/5/2012, 08:15 AM
MIZ-THC

Their going to suspend those guys for one game. Pinkel showing tremendous leadership. Such a d-bag coach. Such a d-bag program. I'm embarassed to live in the same state as these clowns.

badger
10/5/2012, 08:38 AM
He's got talent and a Lincoln Navigator. I drove a 1967 Dodge Dart when a college student but I did not play football for an SEC team either.

Players like him must drive players like Walk-on Whaley crazy --- run for touchdowns (plural!) and still have to be a Subway sandwich artist because you're a walk-on trying to make ends meet... and here's an underachieving 5-star with a Lincoln Navigator that can't stay eligible enough to play.

At least Whaley's got his scholarship now. MIZ-DGB? You and the SEC deserve each other. Now continue losing so we can continue laughing, Coach Pinkie :D

sooneron
10/5/2012, 08:42 AM
Reading b/t the lines from articles I've read here in Missouri and listening to
all my MU fan relatives, I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed. He's
not picking up the offense very well. I've seen plays get sent in and other
WR's are having to go over and tell DGB what to do. Was hearing the same
thing about him from HS coaches in the area when he played in Springfield.

Why do you think they call it dope? :D

IMO, meh, BFD. It's time to legalize the weed. Then, if it's against team policy, let them deal with it. Heh, deal...

BigJerm7
10/5/2012, 09:15 AM
Josh Jarboe all over again.

BigJerm7
10/5/2012, 09:49 AM
Says they suspended 5....

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8461949/missouri-tigers-wide-receiver-dorial-green-beckham-five-players-suspended

The Levi Copelin kid is from Broken Arrow

TheHumanAlphabet
10/5/2012, 09:58 AM
Please tell me how a Freshman is driving a caddie escalade?

badger
10/5/2012, 10:11 AM

History repeats itself. Cars changes, kids don't.
http://i.imgur.com/EOKK6.jpg

sooneron
10/5/2012, 10:17 AM

This is like the lunch scene in Fast Times...

FACTS
1: DGB is caught with others in a Lincoln Nav -
2: no mention of it being his

Not even through the first page- NOW, DGB is driving an Escalade. love it

BigJerm7
10/5/2012, 10:41 AM
Not to play devils advocate, but I think Navigators go back to 1998. An older one can be had for $5,000 or less. It doesn't mention a specific year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a brand new one.

badger
10/5/2012, 11:03 AM
Not to play devils advocate, but I think Navigators go back to 1998. An older one can be had for $5,000 or less. It doesn't mention a specific year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a brand new one.

What's gas on those - 10 miles per gallon? :P

TheHumanAlphabet
10/5/2012, 11:36 AM
This is like the lunch scene in Fast Times...

FACTS
1: DGB is caught with others in a Lincoln Nav -
2: no mention of it being his

Not even through the first page- NOW, DGB is driving an Escalade. love it

My apologies, I had read on another story it was an Escalade, not a Nav.

In my book, you in the driver seat, you the owner...My parent gave me a Pinto to drive in college. I may not have "owned" it, but I sure as hell was responsible for it. I did not let anyone but me drive the car...

sooneron
10/5/2012, 12:02 PM
My apologies, I had read on another story it was an Escalade, not a Nav.

In my book, you in the driver seat, you the owner...My parent gave me a Pinto to drive in college. I may not have "owned" it, but I sure as hell was responsible for it. I did not let anyone but me drive the car...
No need for apology, where did you see that he was in the driver's seat? B/c that would be of interest?

8timechamps
10/5/2012, 12:17 PM
Why do you think they call it dope? :D

IMO, meh, BFD. It's time to legalize the weed. Then, if it's against team policy, let them deal with it. Heh, deal...

Personally, I think it should be legalized too (I'm not a pot head, but I don't get why it's not legal...that's a whole other thread though). However, right now, it is illegal. I never buy the "hey, it's college, that's what college kids do!" excuse. When you're an athlete on scholarship, you know you're held to a higher standard than the average college student. If you're stupid enough to break the law, even a dumb law, then you're probably not real smart to begin with. I'm going out on a limb and saying that this isn't the last time we hear about DGB being bad.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/5/2012, 12:37 PM
No need for apology, where did you see that he was in the driver's seat? B/c that would be of interest?

I'll have to hunt it up, but I thought it was the Houston Chronicle. I am in jet lag fog and don't remember too well right now...Then, again, I may have thought that is what I read...

Soonerfan88
10/5/2012, 01:21 PM
Not sure if he was in the driver's seat, but the vehicle (2004 Lincoln Navigator) is registered to DGB.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2012/10/04/green-beckham-two-other-players-arrested-drug-charges/

SoonerTank
10/5/2012, 01:24 PM

Post 18 there is a link to an ESPN article. About five paragraphs down, it states that DBG was the driver.

MyT Oklahoma
10/6/2012, 01:52 PM
SEC! SEC! SEC!

My first thought exactly! LOL

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 02:28 PM
This is the first time I've been happy we didn't get him. This is the last thing the football team needs right now!

It's all about recruiting though...:D ;)

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 02:28 PM
Post 18 there is a link to an ESPN article. About five paragraphs down, it states that DBG was the driver.

So he gets hammered the worst.

Lott's Bandana
10/6/2012, 04:48 PM
I've been trying to draw a parallel between Pinkel's helicopter and getting high.

I got nothing.