PDA

View Full Version : Casey Pachell arrested last night-DUI

papawlambert
10/4/2012, 09:53 AM
Hope they have a good Freshman QB at TCU. This was on NBC Channel 5 Dallas=-Ft Worth TV this morning.

Widescreen
10/4/2012, 10:09 AM
They're having some issues down there, aren't they?

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2012, 11:19 AM
spoke to the Fort Worth police on Thursday morning about the arrest of TCU quarterback Casey Pachall. Here are the details of the arrest report per Sgt. Pedro Criado of the Fort Worth Police Department:"At 12:55 a.m., one of our police officers observed a vehicle run a stop sign [near campus]. The patrol officer initiated a traffic stop after the vehicle ran the stop sign there. Made contact with the driver whose name was Pachall.
"Initially arrested for suspicion of DWI and transported to the Fort Worth jail for a breath specimen. The Fort Worth jail is a temporary holding facility. He would have been transferred to the city of Mansfield's facility before being arraigned."
Bond was set at $1,000. It is not clear as of mid-morning if Pachall has made bond.
TCU's junior quarterback failed a drug test earlier this year. He admitted to police that he had used cocaine, marijuana and ecstasy. In August, he apologized publicly. From CBSSports.

olevetonahill
10/4/2012, 11:24 AM
From CBSSports.

Sounds like the Boy got him a Drug an alkeyhaul Prob .

HToady
10/4/2012, 11:26 AM
He has been problematicin so many ways, from grade risk, to failed drug test, now this.

It's very clear now that he doesn't want a career in football. You won't see him again.

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2012, 11:34 AM
Sounds like the Boy got him a Drug an alkeyhaul Prob .

Invite him to the ho-down.:stupid:

olevetonahill
10/4/2012, 11:41 AM
Invite him to the ho-down.:stupid:

Not sure I got enough beer and whiskey

goingoneight
10/4/2012, 11:45 AM
He has been problematicin so many ways, from grade risk, to failed drug test, now this.

It's very clear now that he doesn't want a career in football. You won't see him again.

I'll believe that when I see it. No offense, but that takes guts very few coaches have.

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2012, 11:49 AM
Suspended indefinitely, or at least until they need him.

TCU quarterback Casey Pachall was arrested last night on suspicion of DWI by the Fort Worth Police, and has been suspended by the Frogs indefinitely.
Here is the only expected media interaction today from TCU coach Gary Patterson in a statement released this morning: ”Casey Pachall has been suspended indefinitely from competition. My job as a head coach is to win games, educate our kids and help them with their lives.”
Pachall is a junior and returning starter and is among the leading passers in FBS, ranking fifth with a quarterback rating of 180.03.
Pachall admitted to police in February to failing a drug test for marijuana and also that he has used cocaine and ecstacy the previous year. Police were interviewing Pachall because his fomer roomate (and former TCU football player) Tanner Brock was arrested for selling drugs to Fort Worth Police.
TCU opted at the time of his admission not to suspend Pachall. The quarterback made a public apology before practices started in August.
“I truly do apologize for what’s been said and done on my behalf,’’ Pachall said before a media gathering. “I’ve made mistakes, but I’ve learned from those mistakes and I’m still learning. It’s a day-to-day process of trying to be a better person and trying to be a better role model and leader for this team, and this community and this university. I’m trying on a day to day basis to be that person.’’
Four former players were arrested in the drug sweep in February, and Patterson said in August that the school was trying to take the proper steps and be as transparent as possible while still respecting leagal privacy issues

“We’ve been pretty straightforward with what we have done here,’’ Patterson said at the time. “Way back in February, I think we handled those things and since that time we’ve already had six drug tests, that’s been documented. We’re not stopping our process. This is not one of those things where we’re pushing it aside. As a parent, as a coach, as a person in charge of young people, I know what it leads to, so you have to fix it…or at least try to.” The Frogs, who have the longest active winning streak in the nation at 12 games, list redshirt freshman Trevone Boykin as the backup quarterback. However, Pattterson on Tuesday said he might consider using Boykin at running back Saturday against Iowa State, because Waymon James is out for the season with a knee injury and Matthew Tucker is battling ankle pain.Boykin this season has 122 yards rushing on 12 attempts and has completed 9-of-10 passes for 74 yards.

Ruf/Nek7
10/4/2012, 11:51 AM
Glad this kid chose TCU and not OU. We recruited him as a high school senior and he went to TCU.....for beer and drugs.

8timechamps
10/4/2012, 12:49 PM
Patterson got a lot of heat for not suspending him after the news of the failed drug tests came out. There is no way he turns a blind eye this time. From what I've seen written by TCU fans, they'd be more than fine if Pachall was gone for good. That could make the decision a lot easier for Patterson.

I can't help but feel bad for the kids on the team that followed the rules and did things the right way. Before the whole drug thing, TCU was expected to be in the conference title hunt. Now, they'll be lucky to make a bowl.

Soonerjeepman
10/4/2012, 02:00 PM
nice...chalk up another win for OU!!!! :-)

I kid..but it was one of those games that if OU didn't pull their head out I was worried..

budbarrybob
10/4/2012, 04:25 PM
Appears he got the "indefinite" suspension. Linky (http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/story/_/id/8460759/tcu-horned-frogs-qb-casey-pachall-arrested-suspicion-dwi)

goingoneight
10/4/2012, 07:25 PM
He needs a serious rehab. Not one of Dr. Tom's overnight rehabilitation clinics. The kid could end up killing himself or somebody else doing that stuff.