PDA

View Full Version : Presidents Who Had a Better Second Term

sappstuf
10/3/2012, 03:30 PM
I can't think of any... Reagan, Clinton, and Bush all had better 1st terms than 2nd.

Almost everyone, except the truly die-hard Obama supports will admit that his first term has been a disappointment and the economy certainly hasn't improved even though Obama had 2 years to do whatever he wanted.

What makes you think his second term would be anything but a disaster when his first term has been so terrible? What makes you think he is better than Clinton who couldn't pull it off?

badger
10/3/2012, 04:36 PM
Better for who - the president or the country?

Clinton's second term was worse for him (impeachment) but it also had a budget surplus thanks to some bubbles (like dot com) and Americans were pretty prosperous.

Now... do you want this to be a history lesson thread or a recent presidents only thing :D

Presidents with more than one term include: Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Jackson, Lincoln, Grant, McKinley, both Roosevelts, Wilson, Truman, Eisenhower, Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Bush 43.

FaninAma
10/3/2012, 06:04 PM
The economy is going to get ugly in the next 4 years. Obama will be remembered as a horrible President. I suspect the GOP will have veto proof margins in both houses of Congress after the midterm elections.

Just to be fair, I don't think Romney would have fared significantly better. In this case it is actually a good thing for the political party that doesn't have control of the White House over the next few years. The chickens are coming home to roost and they don't really care whether the President is Republican or Democratic.

OU_Sooners75
10/3/2012, 06:21 PM
Idk. But I smell impeachment of Obama if he wins a second term.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/3/2012, 06:55 PM
Idk. But I smell impeachment of Obama if he wins a second term.
But would he be convicted...and of what?

Skysooner
10/3/2012, 07:00 PM
If Romney loses pursuing impeachment against Obama would be a huge mistake short of treason.

StoopTroup
10/3/2012, 07:09 PM
If Romney loses pursuing impeachment against Obama would be a huge mistake short of treason.

Yep. I think a good amount of Americans would like to impeach just about every Congressman or Senator that instigated an Impeachment of President Obama unless he really does something completely Treasonous and not Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity Treasonous....something like every member of The SCOTUS even thinks it's treasonous.