PDA

View Full Version : Romo = Landry...

Soonerus
10/1/2012, 09:36 PM
That's it...

Whet
10/1/2012, 09:43 PM
At least during practices, they are putting lead shoes on Landry to combat his "happy feet."

OU_Sooners75
10/1/2012, 09:44 PM
Fi just said that to my brother before noticing this post....lol

goingoneight
10/1/2012, 10:13 PM
If Dez Bryant's head wasn't in the clouds, it'd be 27-17 right now. Bad night for all of them.

salth2o
10/1/2012, 10:37 PM
Dallas' receivers have had a tough time holding onto the ball. Romo ain't helped his cause. 5 interceptions ties a career record. :eek:

Romo = teh succ

MountainOkie
10/1/2012, 10:40 PM
At least during practices, they are putting lead shoes on Landry to combat his "happy feet."

And tap shoes for when they want a little entertainment.

Ruf/Nek7
10/1/2012, 10:41 PM
I literally was getting on here to create the same thread. As a Dallas Cowboy fan and a Sooner, I'm kinda miserable right now. But next weekend will bring a whole new opportunity to make it all better. Atleast my fantasy teams won this week.

pappy
10/1/2012, 11:49 PM
My dad has been saying this ever since Landry took over after Sam got injured.

MountainOkie
10/2/2012, 12:05 AM
My dad has been saying this ever since Landry took over after Sam got injured.

You mean Pappy's pappy?

Breadburner
10/2/2012, 07:05 AM
There is not a bigger group of suckers in the world than Dallas Cowboy fans.....Watching Dallas lose makes me giddy...!!!

swardboy
10/2/2012, 08:03 AM
I couldn't believe some of the passes Dez dropped. All the talking heads say Dallas' o-line is pathetic and that it's all being put on Romo's back to win....resulting in desperation passing.

KantoSooner
10/2/2012, 08:33 AM
Romo = Landry?

No way! Romo is many times as tough physically and mentally as Landry.

pappy
10/2/2012, 09:00 AM
You mean Pappy's pappy?

lol exactly.

pappy
10/2/2012, 09:00 AM
There is not a bigger group of suckers in the world than Dallas Cowboy fans.....Watching Dallas lose makes me giddy...!!!

Same here.

C&CDean
10/2/2012, 10:03 AM
Romo = Landry?

No way! Romo is many times as tough physically and mentally as Landry.

Wrong. You can't fault Landry for his physical toughness. I guess you can't fault Kaboyboy either since he played with a rib stuck through his lung and heart and crap. Meh. It warms the cockles of my heart when the kaboys poop their pants.

KantoSooner
10/2/2012, 10:49 AM
Well, Dean, I see fear in his eyes and an awful hurry to scamper anyway he can to avoid any sort of pressure whatsoever. I see what looks a whole lot like panic.
You figure Landry goes head over heels into the endzone a la Sam in Stillwater?

I think Bob spoke the truth when he commented, after the UTEP game that one sack was not on the line. He said that the QB had to make two reads. If they were not 'there', then throw the ball away.

C&CDean
10/2/2012, 11:03 AM
I don't see anything in Landry's eyes. No fire/fear/excitement/knowing that he's playing in a football game. Nothing. Like looking into the eye of Moby Dick. And Landry always seems to get up after he gets hit. And lately, that's been a lot.

goingoneight
10/2/2012, 11:46 AM
So the moral of the story is neither QB has a great surrounding cast to help them out?

FTR, Romo is way more mobile and usually way more improvisational than Landry is. And Dallas at least appears to be trying to play to their strengths.

sooneron
10/2/2012, 12:10 PM
Dallas' receivers have had a tough time holding onto the ball. Romo ain't helped his cause. 5 interceptions ties a career record. :eek:

Romo = teh succ
I will agree that Romo could have been better last night, but...
I'm pretty sure that two of those were on his receivers. One, Dez, doesn't read the blitz and break off his route to run a hitch, one off of Ogeltree's chest.
Bryant isn't worth his weight in salt right now.

85sooners
10/2/2012, 12:11 PM
Romo would run circles around Landry boy

Curly Bill
10/2/2012, 12:37 PM
They both make stupid decisions, but Romo is twice the athlete LJ is.

ouleaf
10/2/2012, 01:56 PM
Cowboys have so many other problems right now beside Tony. Years of bad drafting have hurt this team so much. It really doesn't seem to matter what coaches you bring in who install their scheme, nobody's scheme is going to work with bad personnel. Good evidence of that is Wade Phillips. He's running the same defensive scheme in Houston as he was in Dallas, but when you have good personnel, he now runs one of if not the best defensive units in the league. Sure you have some stud players like Ware, but a few good players does not a team make.

The o-line is terrible and you can credit that to Jerry signing two guards this offseason that nobody wanted and moving up to draft Claiborne instead of o-line help. DeMarco has nowhere to run so it forces them to throw, but the problem with that is your o-line is so bad and NFL pass rushers are so quick, Romo's head is constantly on a swivel and he starts to force those bad throws that just kill so many drives.

The jury is out on Garrett too. I think he's a fine head coach but maybe needs to relinquish playcalling duties to focus on overall game management and team preparation.

Oh...and there is no way Landry is better than Romo.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/3/2012, 07:11 AM
I couldn't believe some of the passes Dez dropped. All the talking heads say Dallas' o-line is pathetic and that it's all being put on Romo's back to win....resulting in desperation passing.

Hmm. Could this be true? Nope it's all Landry's fault.

Cutler threw several balls high. I guess he is LJ too. Every ****ty QB is LJ

I look forward to when Landry graduates so everyone will shut the **** up and stop bashing a great kid... Oh, but then the next QB will over thrown someone on occasion too, so he'll suck too. Bring in the back up. He's thrown 2 crappy passes in his life, he must be better than the guy we have now.

Ah. Good morning.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/3/2012, 07:19 AM
A professional QB is better than a college QB? I am I really reading this?

That statement will be true 99% of the time.

Curly Bill
10/3/2012, 07:19 AM

I look forward to when Landry graduates so everyone will shut the **** up and stop bashing a great kid... Oh, but then the next QB will over thrown someone on occasion too, so he'll suck too. Bring in the back up. He's thrown 2 crappy passes in his life, he must be better than the guy we have now.

Ah. Good morning.

I personally plan to keep bashing him even after he graduates. In fact how's this for a bash: I bet his little wife would have more courage to stand in the pocket and deliver a pass than LJ does! Pretty good right?

Breadburner
10/3/2012, 07:38 AM
Jerrah Jones too dumb to let his coaching staff pick the groceries and do the cooking...

IslandSooner
10/3/2012, 08:27 AM

Ah. Good morning.

I saw Peyton Manning and Tom Brady both missed a couple of throws on Sunday, so obviously they are sh*tty QB's also :-)

thecrimsoncrusader
10/3/2012, 08:43 AM
I look forward to when Landry graduates.

Agreed!

C&CDean
10/3/2012, 09:16 AM
I've made my detritmental comments about Sybil; however, we are gonna miss the hell out of him when he's gone. We've got a lot of short-sighted fans.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/3/2012, 09:26 AM

Ah. Good morning.

I personally plan to keep bashing him even after he graduates. In fact how's this for a bash: I bet his little wife would have more courage to stand in the pocket and deliver a pass than LJ does! Pretty good right?

Hanging in the pocket is fine unless you are Sam Bradford and you season gets ended People gripe about LJs feet, he finally uses them and now he's a wimp? I guess JW is a wuss. He scrabbled a lot until his knees failed.

Curly Bill
10/3/2012, 09:32 AM
Hanging in the pocket is fine unless you are Sam Bradford and you season gets ended People gripe about LJs feet, he finally uses them and now he's a wimp? I guess JW is a wuss. He scrabbled a lot until his knees failed.

LJ is a wuss because he tries to run when there's no reason to. And at running he is a colossal FAIL.

sooneron
10/3/2012, 09:48 AM
LJ is a wuss because he tries to run when there's no reason to. And at running he is a colossal FAIL.

I am one in the camp of hoping that he turns it around and I support the kid, but this is all too true.

Ruf/Nek7
10/3/2012, 10:14 AM
After reading all of the posts on here, i have discovered that not one person has mentioned Jerry Jones as the issue. IMO, that is where this all begins. I don't think Romo is a bad QB nor do i think he is a great QB. He is average. He was undrafted out of Eastern Illinois University and worked his way to starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys. He need not forget his roots. Back to Jones, the Cowboys haven't had a legit coach since Parcells and before him, Jimmy Johnson. No, i will not include Barry Switzer to that list. He is equal to Chan Gailey IMO. Only when Jones lets go of his strangle hold, will we see progress. As for Landry and Romo, I think Romo has the edge. Landry had garnished more interest in high school than Romo did even after he signed with the Cowboys.

Curly Bill
10/3/2012, 10:17 AM
The Cowboys problems come from Jerry Jones being the general manager and as such largely responsible for personnel decisions. He has proven over the past 15 years or so to be pretty terrible at it!

Ruf/Nek7
10/3/2012, 10:22 AM
The Cowboys problems come from Jerry Jones being the general manager and as such largely responsible for personnel decisions. He has proven over the past 15 years or so to be pretty terrible at it!

Al Davis v2.0?

C&CDean
10/3/2012, 10:55 AM
I just find it incredibly funny that the last Super Bowl the kaboys have won was with Barry - and the fact that as long as JJ is in charge it'll be the last one they win.

ouleaf
10/3/2012, 11:09 AM
After reading all of the posts on here, i have discovered that not one person has mentioned Jerry Jones as the issue. IMO, that is where this all begins.

Cowboys have so many other problems right now beside Tony. Years of bad drafting have hurt this team so much. It really doesn't seem to matter what coaches you bring in who install their scheme, nobody's scheme is going to work with bad personnel. Good evidence of that is Wade Phillips. He's running the same defensive scheme in Houston as he was in Dallas, but when you have good personnel, he now runs one of if not the best defensive units in the league. Sure you have some stud players like Ware, but a few good players does not a team make.

The o-line is terrible and you can credit that to Jerry signing two guards this offseason that nobody wanted and moving up to draft Claiborne instead of o-line help. DeMarco has nowhere to run so it forces them to throw, but the problem with that is your o-line is so bad and NFL pass rushers are so quick, Romo's head is constantly on a swivel and he starts to force those bad throws that just kill so many drives.

I mentioned it in my post. The Cowboys have drafted so poorly in recent years, especially 2009. Free Agent signings haven't been particularly good either, except maybe Brandon Carr this offseason. Too early to evaluate that though. Jerry wants to be hands on until the day he dies. I really wish he would hand the reigns over to a full-time GM and then Jerry can focus on what he does best, promoting the Dallas Cowboys brand and bringing exciting sporting events to the Death Star when the Cowboys aren't playing there.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/3/2012, 12:33 PM
They did draft DM7, though. That was a good one!

I with that it would have been the Packers, though.

ouleaf
10/3/2012, 02:57 PM
They did draft DM7, though. That was a good one!

Only after busting a few years prior by spending a 1st round pick on Felix Jones. I'm glad Demarco is on the Cowboys, but if they had drafted more successfully, I don't think he would be in a Cowboy uniform. You really hurt yourself when you have to redraft when an early round pick is a bust.

Yes the Cowboys have picked up a few studs in the draft like Ware, Sean Lee, Ratliff, etc, but those guys along aren't going to win football games by themselves. You really need to not only have quality players that can compete and contribute, but also quality depth so when you lose a guy to injury, free agency, or even if they are a bust, it is easier to replace a one or two positions as opposed to 6+ positions like the Cowboys.

Breadburner
10/3/2012, 03:56 PM
After reading all of the posts on here, i have discovered that not one person has mentioned Jerry Jones as the issue. IMO, that is where this all begins. I don't think Romo is a bad QB nor do i think he is a great QB. He is average. He was undrafted out of Eastern Illinois University and worked his way to starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys. He need not forget his roots. Back to Jones, the Cowboys haven't had a legit coach since Parcells and before him, Jimmy Johnson. No, i will not include Barry Switzer to that list. He is equal to Chan Gailey IMO. Only when Jones lets go of his strangle hold, will we see progress. As for Landry and Romo, I think Romo has the edge. Landry had garnished more interest in high school than Romo did even after he signed with the Cowboys.

I most certainly did in post #26....!!!

Ruf/Nek7
10/3/2012, 06:27 PM
I have selective reading.

Breadburner
10/3/2012, 10:23 PM
Heh....Selective hearing is nice too..!!!:excitement: