PDA

View Full Version : dearborn michigan - American Muslims attack Christians

landrun
9/30/2012, 09:03 PM
This is amazing! Look at the muslim youth here in Michigan. I guess I don't understand why the left apolgizes/excuses this insane behavior over and over and why they hide this stuff from the American people. This happend this spring and not a single word about it in the press. This country is going to have some serious issues to deal with in the future. This religion is so filled with anger and hate it is unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnJBW49afzg&feature=player_embedded#!

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/30/2012, 09:30 PM
morons yelling at morons

yawn

Soonerjeepman
9/30/2012, 09:37 PM
nah,,they are a peaceful religion...this is just a misunderstanding...

Soonerjeepman
9/30/2012, 09:41 PM
morons yelling at morons

yawn

actually I don't hear any of the Christians yelling or saying anything...and the so called "peaceful" muslims are out of control...

sappstuf
9/30/2012, 09:55 PM
I'm sure the Christians were asking for it.. Like a girl wearing a short dress, should have known better..

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/30/2012, 10:01 PM
The police should have stepped in during the water bottle pelting, obviously. However this radical, free-speech inhibiting behavior of tossing bottles to prevent a speech act is not limited to those anti-American muslims in Dearborn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUb_qvHX_wc

Soonerjeepman
9/30/2012, 10:05 PM
I actually saw a car with one of those car flags Ameican flag...like OU flags you put on the doors...but it was upside down...ugh~

rainiersooner
9/30/2012, 10:21 PM
The thread title could have also read: "white christian rednecks march on a street fair in a predominately muslim part of Michigan and elicit the response they sought"

SCOUT
9/30/2012, 10:46 PM
The thread title could have also read: "white christian rednecks march on a street fair in a predominately muslim part of Michigan and elicit the response they sought"

Correct. Those idiots should have known better than to represent their beliefs. How dare they think they have some sort of freedom to express that sort of thing. They deserved the abuse they got.

LiveLaughLove
9/30/2012, 11:27 PM

Missed the classes on that whole freedom of speech thing, huh?

Muslim's don't have the right to attack people in this country just because they don't like what is being said or what posters say.

At least not yet.

cleller
10/1/2012, 07:48 AM
Just more of the same. People defending violent hateful muslims by using the same tactics they constantly preach against.

Comparing the attacks by the muslims to people objecting to the burning of our nation's flag. That shows the mindset.

Midtowner
10/1/2012, 08:02 AM
Just more of the same. People defending violent hateful muslims by using the same tactics they constantly preach against.

Comparing the attacks by the muslims to people objecting to the burning of our nation's flag. That shows the mindset.

When both Muslims and LSU's swamp people are willing to use mob violence, what's the difference? Burning a flag is protected speech. So is racist anti-Muslim rhetoric.

cleller
10/1/2012, 08:15 AM
When both Muslims and LSU's swamp people are willing to use mob violence, what's the difference? Burning a flag is protected speech. So is racist anti-Muslim rhetoric.

That's what I mean. Believing burning the flag should be protected speech. That the two events are similar.

I don't believe the people of this country feel that stoning Christians and burning the flag are equivalents. I don't believe the founding fathers or the framers of the Constitution intended that, and support the right of the people to make the laws reflect this.

Burning the flag is legal just the same as calling a man's daughter a whore is legal. Do it if you can handle the consequences. If you're not man enough to protect the dignity of either, that's on you.

rainiersooner
10/1/2012, 04:52 PM
I think it would be as absurd to characterize it as redneck Christians provoking Muslims as hateful irrational Muslims attacking Christians; that's the point I am making. You expect me to believe that the people marching in Dearborn were just trying to exercise their free speech rights? Just out for a nice little expression of belief? They must have been shocked to elicit this reaction! Violence is never to be condoned and I certainly hope the police dealt with any violent acts accordingly. But the reaction of these "muslim" youth has nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with human nature and how people react when they feel attacked...we have laws in place to contain human nature and again, I hope the individuals acting violently were dealt with appropriately after the fact by the police and prosecutors...but with all due respect, Landrun's comment that "This religion is so filled with anger and hate it is unbelievable" is just wrong imo. That's what I'm reacting against (without throwing things at you of course).

C&CDean
10/1/2012, 05:00 PM

Muslim ain't a race. You lefties should give muslims the same bashing you give christians. Then you'd be a racist too. :confused:

FaninAma
10/1/2012, 05:33 PM
So, which Muslim nation should this country emulate or try to be more like? Are you envious of France, Germany and Great Britain who have large Muslim immigrant populations? Do you wish the US would allow more Muslim immigrants into this country? Why or why not?

I predict I will not get a straight answer from any of the progressives on this board.

StoopTroup
10/1/2012, 05:40 PM
I have had more trouble from Jehovahs than any liberal or Muslim.

landrun
10/1/2012, 09:34 PM
I think it would be as absurd to characterize it as redneck Christians provoking Muslims as hateful irrational Muslims attacking Christians; that's the point I am making. You expect me to believe that the people marching in Dearborn were just trying to exercise their free speech rights? Just out for a nice little expression of belief? They must have been shocked to elicit this reaction! Violence is never to be condoned and I certainly hope the police dealt with any violent acts accordingly. But the reaction of these "muslim" youth has nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with human nature and how people react when they feel attacked...we have laws in place to contain human nature and again, I hope the individuals acting violently were dealt with appropriately after the fact by the police and prosecutors...but with all due respect, Landrun's comment that "This religion is so filled with anger and hate it is unbelievable" is just wrong imo. That's what I'm reacting against (without throwing things at you of course).

You do make some valid points. I don't think for a second that these Christians were 'evangelizing' or trying to demonstrate God's love - no matter what verse they had on their signs. If so, they're just dump. I suspect it was more to say that they don't agree with Islam and to annoy the crowd.

But motive is also irrelevant. I don't think the 'artist' who puts a cross in a jar of **** is being artistic either. He's delberatly being offensive. But in both cases they have the right to say what they want for whatever reason they want without being physically assaulted.

The fact that the artist I mentioned above doesn't have a bounty on his head and isn't living in fear of his life while journalist/cartoonists who draw 'the prophet of Islam' in an offensive way truly do is evidence (among a thousand others) that this religion most certainly is filled with hate and if you can't (or refuse to) see that then you're living in denial.

landrun
10/1/2012, 09:36 PM
I have had more trouble from Jehovahs than any liberal or Muslim.

Nah. They don't physically assault you. They just annoy you to death. :tongue:

Tulsa_Fireman
10/1/2012, 10:11 PM
I need more pamphlets in my life.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/1/2012, 11:41 PM
Muslim ain't a race. You lefties should give muslims the same bashing you give christians. Then you'd be a racist too. :confused:As if Christophobic and Mosesophobic ain't crazy enough.

10/1/2012, 11:44 PM
You do make some valid points. I don't think for a second that these Christians were 'evangelizing' or trying to demonstrate God's love - no matter what verse they had on their signs. If so, they're just dump. I suspect it was more to say that they don't agree with Islam and to annoy the crowd.

But motive is also irrelevant. I don't think the 'artist' who puts a cross in a jar of **** is being artistic either. He's delberatly being offensive. But in both cases they have the right to say what they want for whatever reason they want without being physically assaulted.

The fact that the artist I mentioned above doesn't have a bounty on his head and isn't living in fear of his life while journalist/cartoonists who draw 'the prophet of Islam' in an offensive way truly do is evidence (among a thousand others) that this religion most certainly is filled with hate and if you can't (or refuse to) see that then you're living in denial.Nicely said, but if the Left doesn't capiche by now, for whatever reason, I believe most of them won't ever.

TUSooner
10/2/2012, 09:06 AM
Bottom line: Too many people are looking to feel superior to someone else by finding a good justification for hating them. That goes for Muslims, redneck "christians", and a bunch of self-righteous posters on these boards. It may be "human nature" but it's why the world is gefickt.

cleller
10/2/2012, 09:22 AM
Bottom line: Too many people are looking to feel superior to someone else by finding a good justification for hating them. That goes for Muslims, redneck "christians", and a bunch of self-righteous posters on these boards. It may be "human nature" but it's why the world is gefickt.

This is probably true; there's also some sideways humor in it.

KantoSooner
10/2/2012, 09:26 AM
Possessors of the absolute truth.

It must be very hard to know that you're in possession of the exclusive and absolute truth and then see so many people refuse to accept it. It might make you angry. It might make you want to impose the truth upon those refuseniks. For their own good, of course. And if some of those refuseniks came back at you and asserted that THEY had possession of the sole and exclusive truth? And wanted to impose theirs on YOU?!? Whoooo doggies! That would be a saddle bur of unimaginable proportions.

Skysooner
10/2/2012, 09:32 AM
This is probably true; there's also some sideways humor in it.

Lots of truth. There is a behind the scenes story here about one of our high level executives who has a mural of himself painted on his home office wall. He treats everyone in such a way that you know you are his "inferior". He has to be the SME of everything even when he isn't. Political power goes to some people's heads. The sad part is that he still apparently feels inferior to even do something like this. It is the same for most people. We all have to feel better than at least someone else. As a manager, I go into most of my dealings with employees trying to determine what they are great at and building them up that way. It helps for those times when they aren't doing something they aren't good at.

I remember a line from "Back to School" with Rodney Dangerfield where he said his wife was so into herself, she screamed her own name during sex.

While I support the freedom of religion, Islam as it is practiced by many radicals is a dangerous religion. Other religions have their zealots too, but it is Islam that is at the center of nationalistic power and pride for many countries, and the local politicians/clergy know it and use it for power.

Mississippi Sooner
10/2/2012, 09:40 AM
I don't look down on anyone. It's satisfying enough to know that everyone is looking up at me. :texan:

10/2/2012, 09:47 AM
Islam does seem to be the only religion around today whose proponents regularly use violence, including murder. What makes that even worse is how much it is given a pass for doing that. Some folks even continuing to give Islam and Christianity moral equivalence, even though Christians don't kill people in the name of their religion, or it is at least so rare that I haven't heard anything about that in a very long time.

Skysooner
10/2/2012, 09:54 AM
Islam does seem to be the only religion around today whose proponents regularly use violence, including murder. What makes that even worse is how much it is given a pass for doing that. Some folks even continuing to give Islam and Christianity moral equivalence, even though Christians don't kill people in the name of their religion, or it is at least so rare that I haven't heard anything about that in a very long time.

I also think that many people who kill in the name of "Christianity" are doing it for political or social reasons and use the religion as an excuse. It is that segment of Islam that proclaims them martyrs that makes it so dangerous.

KantoSooner
10/2/2012, 10:42 AM
I've often wondered whether there's a bureaucratic truth to be derived from this. Take Islam. It was founded in the early seventh century. About 650 years after Christianity. So, we take 2012 - 650 and get 1375 or so. A close enough match for Christianity's best loved crusades, inquisitions and other various juvenile atrocities.
A few hundred years before that? Japan and China were beset by 'Belligerant' Buddhist monks.
Hell, even the Jews had their day in the sun as far as slaughtering their neighbors was concerned. And at a time when the religion was young.
Maybe it's institutional frustration. You're founded, you start to spread. It's an insurgent type thing, you're taking over either virgin territory or kicking the foundations out from under a older, corrupt regime. Good times! And then things get hard. You come up against entrenched competition. The victories don't come so easily. You get back sliding and your own corruption. Things start to suck. You need a spark. You need a little watering of the tree of your faith with the blood of martyrs. So you go through some teen-aged growing pains.
Meh. It's a thought.

And, in the meantime, we'll continue to watch the Hindus and Muslims and Sub-Saharan African Christians slaughter each other on a daily basis. We're not going to stop them until such time as they are willing to give up the absolutism of their religion in favor of living peaceably with their neighbors.
I'm not holding my breath.

C&CDean
10/2/2012, 10:46 AM
I've often wondered whether there's a bureaucratic truth to be derived from this. Take Islam. It was founded in the early seventh century. About 650 years after Christianity. So, we take 2012 - 650 and get 1375 or so. A close enough match for Christianity's best loved crusades, inquisitions and other various juvenile atrocities.
A few hundred years before that? Japan and China were beset by 'Belligerant' Buddhist monks.
Hell, even the Jews had their day in the sun as far as slaughtering their neighbors was concerned. And at a time when the religion was young.
Maybe it's institutional frustration. You're founded, you start to spread. It's an insurgent type thing, you're taking over either virgin territory or kicking the foundations out from under a older, corrupt regime. Good times! And then things get hard. You come up against entrenched competition. The victories don't come so easily. You get back sliding and your own corruption. Things start to suck. You need a spark. You need a little watering of the tree of your faith with the blood of martyrs. So you go through some teen-aged growing pains.
Meh. It's a thought.

And, in the meantime, we'll continue to watch the Hindus and Muslims and Sub-Saharan African Christians slaughter each other on a daily basis. We're not going to stop them until such time as they are willing to give up the absolutism of their religion in favor of living peaceably with their neighbors.
I'm not holding my breath.

You are a pretty fart smeller.

KantoSooner
10/2/2012, 11:23 AM
Dean,
I'm not even sure I know what that is. I can attest that I have, from time to time been unfortunate enough to smell other peoples' farts. Very much inferior to my own which, to steal from George Carlin, are 'pretty damn decent'. I am not sure whether 'pretty' was meant to refer to me; in which case you are sadly mistaken, though kind. Or if it was to modify 'fart'. If the latter, then I'm further confused. Even my own superior farts are not what anyone sane would refer to as 'pretty'. Or perhaps you mean that I smell like pretty farts. The philosophical meanings of that; on top of the troubling implications regarding our relationship are such that I really don't want to go there. At least not today.

Soonerjeepman
10/2/2012, 11:29 AM
lol..nice one...

Bourbon St Sooner
10/2/2012, 11:33 AM
I see these sign holder guys at Mardi Gras. They are not very Christian. Their tactics are to yell anything just to get a response. If you try to talk to them they just verbally berate you. I talked to one for a little while and told him at the end that I don't agree with him, but I'll shake his hand. Dude wouldn't even shake my hand. I don't recall from the Gospel Jesus verbally berating people to get converts.

Of course, the morons throwing bottles are just that. But then, it looked like mostly kids.

10/2/2012, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=KantoSooner;3521282]I've often wondered whether there's a bureaucratic truth to be derived from this. Take Islam. It was founded in the early seventh century. About 650 years after Christianity. So, we take 2012 - 650 and get 1375 or so. A close enough match for Christianity's best loved crusades, inquisitions and other various juvenile atrocities.
Maybe it's institutional frustration. You're founded, you start to spread. It's an insurgent type thing, you're taking over either virgin territory or kicking the foundations out from under a older, corrupt regime. Good times! And then things get hard. You come up against entrenched competition. The victories don't come so easily. You get back sliding and your own corruption. Things start to suck. You need a spark. You need a little watering of the tree of your faith with the blood of martyrs. So you go through some teen-aged growing pains...
...Meh. It's a thought. [QUOTE]

Could be. It's comforting to believe that in 100 years or maybe 200 or so, the Islamers might stop their holy killing.

C&CDean
10/2/2012, 12:18 PM
Dean,
I'm not even sure I know what that is. I can attest that I have, from time to time been unfortunate enough to smell other peoples' farts. Very much inferior to my own which, to steal from George Carlin, are 'pretty damn decent'. I am not sure whether 'pretty' was meant to refer to me; in which case you are sadly mistaken, though kind. Or if it was to modify 'fart'. If the latter, then I'm further confused. Even my own superior farts are not what anyone sane would refer to as 'pretty'. Or perhaps you mean that I smell like pretty farts. The philosophical meanings of that; on top of the troubling implications regarding our relationship are such that I really don't want to go there. At least not today.

heh. You're waaayyy too fart. Fart smeller. Smart feller. Get it?

KantoSooner
10/2/2012, 12:51 PM
I vaguely suspected something of this nature. Well, too much 'needle and pin' last evening. When you're fifty and find yourself playing glow in the dark frisbee at 1 a.m. on a school night, you should suspect that the martini consumption has exceeded rational limits.

Oh, and sleeping in a knee brace is a bad idea. I have empirical evidence.

C&CDean
10/2/2012, 01:00 PM
I vaguely suspected something of this nature. Well, too much 'needle and pin' last evening. When you're fifty and find yourself playing glow in the dark frisbee at 1 a.m. on a school night, you should suspect that the martini consumption has exceeded rational limits.

Oh, and sleeping in a knee brace is a bad idea. I have empirical evidence.

Martinis and frisbee...I'll have to try it.

pphilfran
10/2/2012, 01:10 PM

I could be wrong...but by mentioning redneck "christians" doesn't that tend to make you self righteous and superior feeling?

TUSooner
10/2/2012, 01:34 PM
I could be wrong...but by mentioning redneck "christians" doesn't that tend to make you self righteous and superior feeling?

I'm just mentioning, as far too few examples, a few of the types of folks that were mentioned in previous posts. I didn't want to leave too many out. And there's no basis for assuming that I think all Christians are rednecks or vice versa. Nor do I seek justification for hating anyone.
So, yeah you're wrong! :wink:

rock on sooner
10/2/2012, 01:36 PM
Martinis and frisbee...I'll have to try it.

And, I thought all along that it was beer and frisbee...well, that just cuts it!:biggrin:

cleller
10/2/2012, 02:18 PM

You're all missing the hidden joke in here. The first line has "too many people are looking to feel superior to someone else...." Then the last word is "gefickt", an obscure vulgar German word meaning "screwed". Similar to the the word gefechte meaning "fighting", which is sometimes used with an -ing on the end to symbolize disorganization.
At any rate, humorous whether intentional or not.

okie52
10/2/2012, 03:26 PM
You're all missing the hidden joke in here. The first line has "too many people are looking to feel superior to someone else...." Then the last word is "gefickt", an obscure vulgar German word meaning "screwed". Similar to the the word gefechte meaning "fighting", which is sometimes used with an -ing on the end to symbolize disorganization.
At any rate, humorous whether intentional or not.

Those old German jokes get by me every time.

cleller
10/2/2012, 03:34 PM
Those old German jokes get by me every time.

Maybe I'm getting the whole thing confused with kvetching.

okie52
10/2/2012, 03:45 PM
Maybe I'm getting the whole thing confused with kvetching.

I googled it just to see if I should laugh or not.

prrriiide
10/3/2012, 05:40 AM
Do you wish the US would allow more Muslim immigrants into this country? Why or why not?

I don't see where religion should come into play regarding immigration. You know...

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

As long as they're willing to work, obey the laws of the land and better the USA, I don't care if they're an uncircumcised Hasidic Shiite Hindu Moonie refugee from Jim Jones' Guyana.

Sooner98
10/3/2012, 04:37 PM

Actually, the bottom line is: Christian group goes to Dearborn Muslim festival to exercise their Constitutionally-protected rights to freedom of speech and religion; get verbally and physically assaulted by an angry, unruly mob of outraged Muslims; the Dearborn police not only do not protect the Christian group from the mob assault, but violate the group's Constitutionally-protected rights to freedom of speech and religion, calling THEM the disorderly ones, threaten them with arrest, and escort them out of the festival; and finally liberals, upon watching the video, instead of defending the group's Constitutionally-protected rights, respond with "yawn", "anti-Muslim racist rhetoric", "redneck Christians", and another video to change the subject.

And none of this is the least bit surprising.

cleller
10/3/2012, 07:49 PM
As long as they're willing to work, obey the laws of the land and better the USA, I don't care if they're an uncircumcised Hasidic Shiite Hindu Moonie refugee from Jim Jones' Guyana.

If all three of those conditions could be met in nearly all cases, it would be great.

10/3/2012, 08:44 PM
Actually, the bottom line is: Christian group goes to Dearborn Muslim festival to exercise their Constitutionally-protected rights to freedom of speech and religion; get verbally and physically assaulted by an angry, unruly mob of outraged Muslims; the Dearborn police not only do not protect the Christian group from the mob assault, but violate the group's Constitutionally-protected rights to freedom of speech and religion, calling THEM the disorderly ones, threaten them with arrest, and escort them out of the festival; and finally liberals, upon watching the video, instead of defending the group's Constitutionally-protected rights, respond with "yawn", "anti-Muslim racist rhetoric", "redneck Christians", and another video to change the subject.

And none of this is the least bit surprising.They have 0 shame about such behaviour, either. Viewing the constitution, christianity and jewishness as well, as the enemy, it's no wonder they behave that way. Fortunately most of them aren't violent, at least yet.