PDA

View Full Version : Heupel sounding just like Stoops..

Soonerjeepman
9/30/2012, 08:27 PM
"at the end of the day"....lol

guess being around him for the time ya pick up the lingo!

c'mon Sooner beat taco tech...

picasso
9/30/2012, 10:34 PM
Fire Dick Winder!

goingoneight
10/1/2012, 09:49 AM
Stoops picked that up from Hayden Fry. :D

StoopTroup
10/1/2012, 10:35 AM
Once we replace Stoops with John McKissick of Summerville SC, we will be back to our tradition of winning.

goingoneight
10/1/2012, 12:03 PM
As long as we execute in a better way, again... I'll be happy. You know, in the end and all.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/1/2012, 12:33 PM
You know, when Mangino left here for KU, there were already rumors swirling about him being none too kind to OU's players, and further rumored that he was told his best fit might be elsewhere.

But I'd be ok if he came back and abused these tender little dearhearts on offense for the next couple of years. He could start with the 4 coaches running the offense right now.

SoonerinSouthlake
10/1/2012, 12:51 PM
You know, when Mangino left here for KU, there were already rumors swirling about him being none too kind to OU's players, and further rumored that he was told his best fit might be elsewhere.

But I'd be ok if he came back and abused these tender little dearhearts on offense for the next couple of years. He could start with the 4 coaches running the offense right now.

tough to say how the big man did here. Obviously he was the OC when we brought the crystal football...but he also led the offense that seem to really struggle the following year(of course that when J White got hurt)

was the treatment of the players the primary reason he was "nudged" out? we know he hurt feelings at KU

StoopTroup
10/1/2012, 01:08 PM
Ummmm....sometimes I think people make stuff up that doesn't exist.

Mark has spent a lot of time on OU sidelines since he left KU so this whole idea that he was asked to leave and take his Coaching Style elsewhere seems pretty stupid to me. He's a great friend to us and if he had wanted to come back to Norman and Coach, I think he would be here right now.

Soonerjeepman
10/1/2012, 01:17 PM
As long as we execute in a better way, again... I'll be happy. You know, in the end and all.

nice...

StoopTroup
10/1/2012, 01:20 PM
tough to say how the big man did here. Obviously he was the OC when we brought the crystal football...but he also led the offense that seem to really struggle the following year(of course that when J White got hurt)

was the treatment of the players the primary reason he was "nudged" out? we know he hurt feelings at KU

IMO, the first opportunity to get rid of Mark was jumped on by KU's incredible ego. They couldn't handle the shots that Mark got because of his looks and that he is a guy that is going to do things his way. Beauracratic BS from the KU Elite wasn't his style. I'm sure Weiss will do much better in appeasing the KU Bunch but he and KU are crazy if he can Coach better than Mangino.

Keller Sooner
10/1/2012, 02:34 PM
Certainly...no question.

mojorisen2014
10/1/2012, 07:39 PM
Fire Dick Winder!

Joe Dickinson

hvhurricane
10/2/2012, 04:32 PM
Heupel is lost. It is like he has no feel for the game. It is really surprising that he is not very good a play calling when he did such a good job as a QB in getting us in the right play. He has brought absolutely nothing from a play standpoint to the offense as well. And I don't know how you can say he is a good QB coach when he can't teach a 5th year player how to step up in the pocket while under pressure.

En_Fuego
10/2/2012, 08:53 PM
Geez...Someone acting in team work..................FIRE UM ALL

soonerboy_odanorth
10/2/2012, 11:35 PM
Ummmm....sometimes I think people make stuff up that doesn't exist.

Mark has spent a lot of time on OU sidelines since he left KU so this whole idea that he was asked to leave and take his Coaching Style elsewhere seems pretty stupid to me. He's a great friend to us and if he had wanted to come back to Norman and Coach, I think he would be here right now.

I think you're right. But not making the (very old) rumor up (and it was just that with no substantiation that I know of). And I probably should be better than to dig it up. Just re-stating it as a matter of perspective in that our offense could use a good ***-chewing/***-kicking right now, and if he's the right man for the job... Frankly I'm all for it.

Who besides me votes that Mangino should have been allowed to publicly apologize to the players in question at KU, maybe be suspended for a few days or 30 days without pay or simply required to make some sort of donation to a charity... and then allowed to carry on running a winning program... at KU of all places. I bet I see a number of raised hands in Lawrence these days.

picasso
10/2/2012, 11:39 PM
Heupel is lost. It is like he has no feel for the game. It is really surprising that he is not very good a play calling when he did such a good job as a QB in getting us in the right play. He has brought absolutely nothing from a play standpoint to the offense as well. And I don't know how you can say he is a good QB coach when he can't teach a 5th year player how to step up in the pocket while under pressure.
How do you know he hasn't?

LostCreekSooner
10/4/2012, 05:44 AM
I think you're right. But not making the (very old) rumor up (and it was just that with no substantiation that I know of). And I probably should be better than to dig it up. Just re-stating it as a matter of perspective in that our offense could use a good ***-chewing/***-kicking right now, and if he's the right man for the job... Frankly I'm all for it.

Who besides me votes that Mangino should have been allowed to publicly apologize to the players in question at KU, maybe be suspended for a few days or 30 days without pay or simply required to make some sort of donation to a charity... and then allowed to carry on running a winning program... at KU of all places. I bet I see a number of raised hands in Lawrence these days.

I think Mangino is a great coach. Just a question though, when would you disapprove of a good coach being abusive and inappropriate?

thecrimsoncrusader
10/4/2012, 08:13 AM

Things worked out rather well for PT and Bradford. Their capabilities were maximized under Heupel. Given that Oklahoma was already starting to have offensive issues in Wilson's closing years, it seems like Landry is the problem and that's known by his fear of getting hit, fear of throwing an interception as noted by his constant high passes that he has been doing ever since being a redshirt freshman along with throwing into triple coverage and not staying in the pocket.

Soonerjeepman
10/4/2012, 08:59 AM
jeeze, I wasn't saying to fire anyone...just think it's humorous, BV was the same way. Which is normal, especially when you spend that much time around your boss.