PDA

View Full Version : Nike has officially

picasso
9/29/2012, 10:45 PM
ruined the uniforms in college football.

Thanks. Dorks.

BeaSooner
9/29/2012, 10:50 PM
What do you expect for something coming out of Oregon?

picasso
9/29/2012, 10:53 PM
Well, they had a good run for 3 decades. Now they've lost me.

85sooners
9/29/2012, 11:19 PM
Burn them all!!

StoopTroup
9/29/2012, 11:21 PM
Who is Nike?

http://themeatlockersports.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/new-south-carolina-uniform.jpg

SoonerinSouthlake
9/30/2012, 09:32 AM
unfortunately for some reason...the 18 year olds love it.

Im so Thankful that there are some organizations, The Sooners being one of them, that hold the stance that "we already have so much tradition that we dont need to trick up our UNI's to get kids here".

picasso
9/30/2012, 12:19 PM
The Mizzou transition is a good example. Those things are absolute crap and someone actually got paid for designing them.

C&CDean
9/30/2012, 06:08 PM
When you're in the business of sucking up to 18-year olds to get them to sign the dotted line you're gonna come up with some seriously ****ed up ****. Have you looked around at the kids lately? I saw 4 obviously sorority bimbettes at Penny Hill today dressed exactly alike. Little jelly shoes, skinny jeans, and long, hanging sweater thingies. Oh yeah, and all had a little skinny strapped purse kinda thing too. And they thought they were the hottest thing next to El Sol. Kids pretty much suck.

8timechamps
9/30/2012, 06:32 PM
The clock is ticking on OU to do something different. I don't think it'll be more than a one game thing, but it's just the way it's all heading. Right now, there are only a handfull of teams that haven't done something different; OU, Bama, USC are about the only ones I can think of.

SoonerorLater
9/30/2012, 06:57 PM
If they want to do a throwback jersey for a game no big deal but I hate the idea of ending up like Oregon. For those guys no problem, the only tradition they had was losing. The uniform thing is just an absurdity.

8timechamps
9/30/2012, 07:03 PM
If they want to do a throwback jersey for a game no big deal but I hate the idea of ending up like Oregon. For those guys no problem, the only tradition they had was losing. The uniform thing is just an absurdity.

I really can't see OU ever doing anything like that. And it's exactly what you said, because OU has tradition to recruit with...Oregon's tradition is it's uniform.

C&CDean
9/30/2012, 07:18 PM
If we painted targets on our receivers' jerseys could Sybil hit them? Just wondering...

soonerboy_odanorth
9/30/2012, 08:43 PM
If we painted targets on our receivers' jerseys could Sybil hit them? Just wondering...

Good Sybil yes...Tweak Sybil will fumble the ball out of the backfield and not even have a chance at throwing at the targets.

goingoneight
10/1/2012, 05:32 PM
OU already begrudgingly gave Nike their little props with that gay-looking Combat uniform against Sand Aggy in 2009. Even the players didn't like them.