PDA

View Full Version : big 12 defenses

jk the sooner fan
9/29/2012, 07:59 PM
after watching WVU and Baylor run it up and down the field, and now seeing okie state and texas trading scores.....who do you think has the best D in the conference?

OU isnt in a bad spot imo

OU_Sooners75
9/29/2012, 08:11 PM
Now, if you can just get an OC that can actually play to our strengths...we would be set!

StoopTroup
9/29/2012, 08:14 PM
I think Nebraska might be looking for a OC and a DC right now.

MountainOkie
9/29/2012, 08:30 PM
Now, if you can just get an OC that can actually play to our strengths...we would be set!

There's an OC that can keep it entirely out of our QB's hands? Wow! ;)

StoopTroup
9/29/2012, 08:32 PM
There's an OC that can keep it entirely out of our QB's hands? Wow! ;)

Evidently you are very close to finding out who he is.

StoopTroup
9/29/2012, 08:34 PM
after watching WVU and Baylor run it up and down the field, and now seeing okie state and texas trading scores.....who do you think has the best D in the conference?

OU isnt in a bad spot imo

So far mighty fexas has held the poke juggernaut to 17 points.

jk the sooner fan
9/29/2012, 08:36 PM
So far mighty fexas has held the poke juggernaut to 17 points.

and held Randle to only 147 rushing in the first half :rolleyes:

UberSooner
9/29/2012, 08:39 PM
Hard to argue against k-state at this point but it's early.

badger
9/29/2012, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=UberSooner:3520146]Hard to argue against k-state at this point but it's early.[/QUOTE

StoopTroup
9/29/2012, 08:46 PM
and held Randle to only 147 rushing in the first half :rolleyes:

We all know how oSu always seems to have some player go all near All-American until we play them in November.

thecrimsoncrusader

Or get a QB that isn't afraid to play football and not throw into triple coverage just about every game.

StoopTroup
[QUOTE=UberSooner:3520146]Hard to argue against k-state at this point but it's early.[/QUOTE

POST OF THE DAY!

StoopTroup
9/29/2012, 08:47 PM
Or get a QB that isn't afraid to play football and not throw into triple coverage just about every game.

Or a defense that doesn't fold and allow two TDs and the opposing offense to run the clock out in the 4th qtr. Then we would be set.

badger
9/29/2012, 08:49 PM

POST OF THE DAY!

I am posting from my phone so furk ewe :P

I was gonna say we cant argue kstate anymore this season cuz theres no rematch possibility thx to the exodus of a championship game. Sadface.

StoopTroup
9/29/2012, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=StoopTroup:3520156]

I am posting from my phone so furk ewe :P

I was gonna say we cant argue kstate anymore this season cuz theres no rematch possibility thx to the exodus of a championship game. Sadface.

LOL....been there done that Badj. It does suck sometimes.

goingoneight
9/29/2012, 09:13 PM
No coordinator is going to stop Trey Metoyer from stepping out of bounds every play. No OC is going to physically wear anybody down with a thin OL and a finess gameplan. No OC is going to stop fumbles, poor route running and struggling QBs. Only time and reps cure that.

OU_Sooners75
9/29/2012, 09:19 PM

Or we can find an OC that can minimize the weaknesses? Or better yet, one that isn't afraid to run the ball with out RBs?

That would be a good start.

Seriously, anyone putting the loss on Landry Jones himself needs to be slapped.

He screwed up. He had a very bad game to our standards, but he wasn't the complete cause for the loss.

Like I've said plenty of times. If our OC would limit the amount of time Jones has to throw (quick passes) or if they put him under center, then we may find out he is much more successful in dealing with the game management. He being Landry Jones.

OU_Sooners75
9/29/2012, 09:23 PM
Or a defense that doesn't fold and allow two TDs and the opposing offense to run the clock out in the 4th qtr. Then we would be set.

Yes, we get it. You think the DC caused a Turnover in the 4th that allowed KSU to have just 38 yards to work with.

There is really no excuse for the defense. But when a defense spends over 2/3 of the quarter on the field in the quarter...when they lack depth on the DL. And when they lack depth at LB, they will end up gassed at the end. Not something they should be proud of. But the great and wonderful offense did nothing to help the defense.

But I forgot, you know what you're talking about because you know football.

But then again, its likely your drugs talking not the real ST.

OU_Sooners75
9/29/2012, 09:25 PM
No coordinator is going to stop Trey Metoyer from stepping out of bounds every play. No OC is going to physically wear anybody down with a thin OL and a finess gameplan. No OC is going to stop fumbles, poor route running and struggling QBs. Only time and reps cure that.

I agree, but an OC can and should plan a scheme that works to the strengths of the team, not some fantasy that he has a future all pro at every position.

StoopTroup
9/29/2012, 09:48 PM
FIRE JOSH HEUPEL ! ! !

It just won't ever end. Every year there is someone who just has all of the answers that the OU Staff doesn't.

I'm going to stick to my guns on this and continue to think that yes...sometimes Teams do make a bad hire but I know that Josh came from good stock and has been trained by some of the very best....his Father being one of those. Without Josh....there is no 2000 NC. Is it possible that Kittle and Patton just can't Coach the O-Line? Not a chance. Is it possible that Kittle has less experience than some of the other Coaches? Sure. Is it possible that Patton can't do what a Junior HS Coach could do for OU? I highly doubt it and I think it's a pretty ****ty claim when we have one loss and Patton has a stellar Coaching record that began in 1993 as a Graduate Assistant in Miami Ohio and moved on to Northwestern where he was very successful. His list of OU Players is pretty impressive as well and I think it's fine to have an opinion but to say you could do it better....I just don't see why someone would be shocked when a Fan called him on his BS and asked what his prior accomplishments were and where they were and what kind of stats did that Player/Coach amass when becoming such an expert. Maybe we will all eat crow when that resume hits the internet and maybe this expert will find himself back in the Div. 1A Game showing us all just what an *** Bob Stoops has become and why we should stir up the Monster and force Joe Castiglione and President Boren to go shopping for a new Head Coach who is a better judge of character and maybe that guy will be a guy named Tim.

olevetonahill
9/29/2012, 09:51 PM
Wow, You got all that from Tims post huh?

jk the sooner fan
9/29/2012, 09:54 PM
somebody is machine like with his internet gems

OU_Sooners75
9/29/2012, 10:00 PM
Greg, I know knowledge, reality, and sanity is optional in her. But where the hell did you see anything remotely close to my post saying Josh Heupel needs to be fired?

I do think he is in over his head, and its showing. We have co-coordinators. Allow the other to take control and see what he can do.

That or demote heupel back to position coach and find a top notch experienced OC?

Or better yet, help him adjust his game plan and his scheme.

There is no reason I can fathom why Stoops would give him the position so he can learn on the job.

zeke
9/29/2012, 10:06 PM
Big 12 Defense ?
What is this word "defense" that u speak of?

OU_Sooners75
9/29/2012, 10:13 PM
Btw greg...I'm flattered that your obsessed with me. Really I am.

That said, I listed Kittle real coaching creditials in another post...one where you tried to make it sound great.

Outside of 4 years as a GA and volunteer at Iowa, he had 4 years as a coach. 2 years as a junior high coach (weird, and your giving me crap). 2 years as an assistant HS coach (I have 3). And 1+ years as a college coach (I have 5).

Yeah let me tell you, some coaches no matter what level can be better coaches. Weird, I know.

Ill leave it at this...

If I wanted to make a career as a coach, I would have when I was coaching college and later high school. It takes a lot of time and demand from your personal life to be a coach, even in high school. I know you have the experience of a coach, so you know that your day doesn't start at the beginning of practice and end at the end of practice.

No, you day starts at about 6 am and doesn't end until about 8 PM during practice days...and that's if your lucky. Game days, you day starts about the same time, and ends well after the game. High school you can take a day off. College, you don't get a day off.

My point...I didn't want that life. I tried it and chose not to.

Junior high is a little less demanding and you really get to teach the kids the pure form (fundamentals) of the game. And I really enjoy it. Don'thave all the stresses of high school and college.

But who cares. Rag all you want. We know how the piece of **** is in this.