PDA

View Full Version : The 47 percent: what's for dinner tonight?

Sooner98
9/29/2012, 05:15 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/271039_10151041565365773_882979623_n.jpg

BigTip
9/29/2012, 05:21 PM
I haven't seen one this bad, but I have been in line in the store behind somebody making similar purchases and paying with a food stamp card. It makes me mad every time. I leave the store shaking my head.

StoopTroup
9/29/2012, 05:36 PM
Senoir Tequila's Fajitas for lunch

Crockpot Pepper Steak teh Wife cooked that made me so crazy I went down the street mid afternoon and bought the fajitas. :D

StoopTroup
9/29/2012, 05:38 PM
I haven't seen one this bad, but I have been in line in the store behind somebody making similar purchases and paying with a food stamp card. It makes me mad every time. I leave the store shaking my head.

If the lobster is bad or they don't cook it right....they can get their stomach pumped for free at any Romney Care ER.....LMAO

TheHumanAlphabet
9/29/2012, 06:05 PM
We just need to stop giving out the dole. It has gotten to the point people expect a living and an income. There is no guarantee in life. We need to stop subsidizing the slackers, make them work or starve. Welfare was designed to help people in need, not enslave generations to government largesse. The problem now, there is no largesse anymore.

StoopTroup
9/29/2012, 06:13 PM
Or we could try and stop folks from buying and selling food stamps for 50% on the dollar while some opportunist goes into an Angel's County Market and buys 9 Dollar Lobsters and 12 dollar porterhouses.

Honestly....how big is a 9 dollar lobster and is there really such a thing as a 12 dollar porterhouse? Are those Steaks like 1/4" thick?

StoopTroup
9/29/2012, 06:16 PM
Omaha Steaks Porterhouse

2 24 ounce porterhouse steaks for only $79.99 / Regularly $120.00

http://www.omahasteaks.com/servlet/OnlineShopping?Dsp=14&PCR=1:T-Bones-and-Porterhouses&PID=&IID=1640&ITMSUF=MRB&shoptype=PROMOTION&shopsrc=PRMT-Bones+and+Porterho

StoopTroup
9/29/2012, 06:25 PM
The Lobster....I can dig it that it might be cheap in certain places in the US but it can be cheaper than bologna so who cares if the poor eat a lobster or cook it and then use it as filler to make a nice lobster salad like Setem makes a nice Crab Salad. It could be that they got a good deal. But pass a law to get rid of food stamps because you think a receipt proves wrong doing....

I'm not with ya on that one.

Bob Coppersmith updates the price board at Dock's Seafood Restaurant in South Portland, Maine, dropping the price of five small lobsters down to $24. Many stores are selling the king of seafood for under $5 a pound, making it cheaper than bologna by weight.

http://i.imwx.com/common/articles/images/lobster-price_650x366.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
9/29/2012, 06:34 PM
http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/receipt.asp

pphilfran
9/29/2012, 06:47 PM
So they sold the stuff for half price and pocketed the $70....

SCOUT
9/29/2012, 07:09 PM
Heisenberg doesn't take food stamps.

StoopTroup
9/29/2012, 07:19 PM

Thanks. So they got busted and we don't need a damn law to keep people from misusing food stamps?

I figured they had to buy the food themselves and then sell it as you have to show ID when using your bridge card I think? I had some guy try to sell me food stamps back in the 80's and I wasn't making great money at the time but I knew what right and wrong was and that seemed real wrong to me. I have no idea how they go about trying to screw the system anymore but I'd imagine that when someone buys food like that....A red flag goes up most times. Sure there is still some abuse but can it be as bad as it was back in the 80's? Do we need another law?

Plus I still stand that a $12 porterhouse isn't very big or very thick. It's like comparing Golden Corral to Ruth Chris IMO.

FaninAma
9/29/2012, 08:41 PM
Snopes has been totally discredited multiple times. Using it as a source to discredit a claim is invalid. Google "Snopes Bias" and decide for yourself.

Does it really suprise anybody about reports of abuse of the handout system? The dad of one of the kids who plays baseball with my son is a supervisor for route drivers at the localpepsi distributor . He states he has drivers and warhouse workers who try to sell him foodstamps at 50cents on the dollar all the time. He also is fed up with the chronic absenteeism among many of the same individuals.

Those who think the welfare system isn't totally broken are just being silly and naive.

Midtowner
9/29/2012, 10:35 PM
Snopes has been totally discredited multiple times. Using it as a source to discredit a claim is invalid. Google "Snopes Bias" and decide for yourself.

What I see are a bunch of whiney right wing sites which are going on totally made-up bull**** 'cuz they're sick and tired of snopes blowing up their fake email forwards.

Skysooner
9/29/2012, 10:35 PM

Does it really suprise anybody about reports of abuse of the handout system? The dad of one of the kids who plays baseball with my son is a supervisor for route drivers at the localpepsi distributor . He states he has drivers and warhouse workers who try to sell him foodstamps at 50cents on the dollar all the time. He also is fed up with the chronic absenteeism among many of the same individuals.

Those who think the welfare system isn't totally broken are just being silly and naive.

I did and can't find a link in the early results that supports your assertion. In fact the results are the other way. Give a direct link that is infallible or your post is ridiculous.

Also let me say that this is a few hours I have devoted to assertions by the right wing cons on this site and there isn't a single one that has proven to be reliable. Enough is enough.

FaninAma
9/29/2012, 10:39 PM
And Snopes is a biased left wing site in regards to irs political assertions. Thats why it is always cited by liberals in arguments. Even when they admit a conservative assertion they try to nuance the fact with editorial comment.

SCOUT
9/29/2012, 11:40 PM
So we don't lose sight here, snopes said this was true.

So there's that.

cleller
9/30/2012, 08:11 AM
My parents used to tell me how people would work, garden, etc in order to get food. They were busy all day trying to provide either the food, or money to buy it. Then at night they had to sleep, so the next day they could start over again.

Then the government got involved, and gave people food, AND money. Then people had more time and money to buy booze and drugs, fight, rob, kill, and stay up all night. They never figured out why the government thought that was the better way.

diverdog
9/30/2012, 08:42 AM
My parents used to tell me how people would work, garden, etc in order to get food. They were busy all day trying to provide either the food, or money to buy it. Then at night they had to sleep, so the next day they could start over again.

Then the government got involved, and gave people food, AND money. Then people had more time and money to buy booze and drugs, fight, rob, kill, and stay up all night. They never figured out why the government thought that was the better way.

I think that your statements are more perception than reality. The US had a serious opiate problem in the late 19th century.

What I think really has hurt us is the need for a two family income and living beyond our means.

LiveLaughLove
9/30/2012, 09:17 AM
Not saying this particular thread is about blacks, I know it isn't, but this is a good place for this.

Blacks were married in traditional nuclear families at a greater rate than whites in America, until after Johnston's great society laws were passed. Now its not even close.

Johnson proclaimed he had sown up the "n word" vote for democrats for the next hundred (or two hundred) years.

He and the democrats knew what they were doing and didn't care. They only cared about the votes. Nothing has changed in the democrat party, they just keep having to add more and more goodies to keep those votes.

LiveLaughLove
9/30/2012, 09:17 AM
Not saying this particular thread is about blacks, I know it isn't, but this is a good place for this.

Blacks were married in traditional nuclear families at a greater rate than whites in America, until after Johnston's great society laws were passed. Now its not even close.

Johnson proclaimed he had sown up the "n word" vote for democrats for the next hundred (or two hundred) years.

He and the democrats knew what they were doing and didn't care. They only cared about the votes. Nothing has changed in the democrat party, they just keep having to add more and more goodies to keep those votes.

cleller
9/30/2012, 11:23 AM
I think that your statements are more perception than reality. The US had a serious opiate problem in the late 19th century.

What I think really has hurt us is the need for a two family income and living beyond our means.

The reality is that for most of our history there were no food stamps, and people found a way to feed themselves without using taxpayer money.
The further reality is that if food stamps are available, a too-large number of people will take them, then spend cash they would have used for food on non-necessities. Fixing or policing the system is extremely tough. Just another slippery slope of government doing the job of the family.