PDA

View Full Version : Does Our Coaching Staff Do A Good Job Of Adjusting To What The Opposition Is Doing?

FaninAma
9/28/2012, 05:50 PM
I know we have spent the last week bashing LJ and I think it has allowed the coaching staff to skate by to a certain extent. I have participated in the bashing of our 4 year starting QB but now I am having second thoughts.It was obvious Landry was having a bad game and was bothered by what the K-State defense was doing. Shouldn't the offensive coaching staff at some point have made some adjustments to help him out?And no, I don't know what those adjustments would have been because K-State KNEW what Landry's comfort zone was....the short, quick pass. And they had already taken those away.

I still think teams that play OU are vulnerable to mis-direction and counter plays but it seems we never run those.

SoonerOX
9/28/2012, 05:56 PM
You raise a question that has been asked a ton of times about our staff. That said, it's just as legitimate a question now as it was before. I would think that the staff makes in game adjustments as far as gameplan goes, but I just don't see them changing on-field personnel when all logic seems to point to a change being needed. I'm not necessarily referring to Jones being pulled or not, but this is certainly an option. In the case of the KSU game, I would have liked to have seen a change from exclusively shotgun sets to more under-center sets. The run was working when it was used, but in my opinion was inexplicably abandoned.

85sooners
9/28/2012, 07:19 PM

lasooner123
9/28/2012, 08:21 PM
i think we could have completely changed the pace and momentum of the game with 1 SERIES of the belldozer. I think we could have lit a spark under landry and the team. we all know the emotion blake plays with and i think an entire series would have changed the game. Perhaps the 17-13 drive following landrys pic.
I think if you ran the diamond with bell, dd williams, finch, millard and whichever wr blake is most comfortable with(guessing metoyer bc of his big body) we would have had great results

I realize they would have had to have practiced it

5noubus
9/28/2012, 10:44 PM
Then they should practiced it!! It's like when you go out to lunch and the whole staff is running crazy and you say: "did they not know lunch would be ordered today?"
Why aren't they prepared??
I am so sick of seeing OUr players look at the sidelines and throw their hands up. On O and D. "What do we do here?" Burn a TO, and we will decide.
It's like watching my middle schoolers game.
Not prepared for pressure?
What do they practice?
I don't know the last time they looked ready to play.
As far as Landry being pulled - only way it happens is if he gets "injured"
To save face. Stoops and lj's

olevetonahill
9/28/2012, 10:49 PM
Then they should practiced it!! It's like when you go out to lunch and the whole staff is running crazy and you say: "did they not know lunch would be ordered today?"
I am so sick of seeing OUr players look at the sidelines and throw their hands up. On O and D. "What do we do here?" Burn a TO, and we will decide.
What do they practice?

Yer an ***hole, Are you really advocating lettin Landry get hurt?

Wishboned
9/28/2012, 11:04 PM
In the early years Stoops used to be one of the best when it came to half time adjustments. Now not so much.

Jdog
9/28/2012, 11:28 PM
No, but theres a bigger problem when OU's
D is on the field as often as they had to be last week

5noubus
9/29/2012, 12:48 AM
[QUOTE=5noubus;3519765]Then they should practiced it!! It's like when you go out to lunch and the whole staff is running crazy and you say: "did they not know lunch would be ordered today?"
What do they practice?

Yer an ***hole, Are you really advocating lettin Landry get hurt?[/QUOTE

No, you must be a moron - the "quotes"
Are indicating it would be a fake injury to save the embarrassment of being pulled or stoops having to make the decision to pull him.

olevetonahill
9/29/2012, 01:02 AM
[QUOTE=olevetonahill;3519767]

Yer an ***hole, Are you really advocating lettin Landry get hurt?[/QUOTE

No, you must be a moron - the "quotes"
Are indicating it would be a fake injury to save the embarrassment of being pulled or stoops having to make the decision to pull him.

Ok then yer not an as*hole , Just a ****in idiot

Blue
9/29/2012, 02:16 AM
Our coaches are overrated. Have been for years.

Landry stinks. He can throw a nice ball when hes not pressured but that is 2% of the time.

I see this team losing 4 or 5 if not more.

OU_Sooners75
9/29/2012, 08:26 AM
The only time I bashed on LJ was during the game when he was playing like a deer in headlights.

This entire week I have talking about the offensive coaches.

To answer the OP title quaetion. No our offensive coaches cannot adjust their game plan during a game.

it seems after the first X number of plays that are scripted, Josh can seem to call plays that worked. Or they are so confused because they line up. Wait for the defense to show their hand. And then call in the play.

But it seems, the opposition, mainly in conference, sits back waiting to show their hand to the last minute.

This seems to be the reason the offense is so late getting a played called.

Gone at OU are the days the QB gets to read the defense and audibles.

Call a ****ing play. And if the numbers aren't there, have your QB audible to another play instead of waiting til 5 seconds left to get the pla called.

When LJ is rushing around, that's when he plays confused.

Iam4OUru
9/29/2012, 09:41 AM
There are several points on this thread that I agree with:

* Stoops will not bench Jones unless there is an injury
* We should go to the "I" formation
* Our offensive coaches cannot make real-time adjustments
* Jones looks most confused when plays doesn't come in on time
* OU will lose 4-5 games this year