PDA

View Full Version : OSU PADDLE PEOPLE TOLD TO SHUT UP

badger
9/28/2012, 11:43 AM
No joke. Right here. Read now. Laugh now. (http://newsok.com/osu-football-paddle-people-told-to-quiet-down-before-ball-is-snapped/article/3713849)

goingoneight
9/28/2012, 11:54 AM
Now, if only they could get their "Pistols Firing!" guy to do the same.

BeaSooner
9/28/2012, 11:55 AM
Holy crap - you mean they are going to have to cheer?

cleller
9/28/2012, 11:57 AM
Whacking something with a big paddle is a form of foreplay for those goobs.

badger
9/28/2012, 12:03 PM
Truth be told I'm surprised they didn't crack down on this sooner. Mississippi State had a full-out "respect the cowbell" campaign going to try to convince fans to not ring their damn cowbells non-stop so that the SEC wouldn't ban them.

I've heard that the paddle people can be jerks to other pokes, like they're superior pokes to others just because they beat the sideline mats with paddles. Ooo i sooooo special because I'm a "Paddle People" :stunned:

8timechamps
9/28/2012, 02:29 PM
Is that what they call themselves, "paddle people"? Please say yes...

badger
9/28/2012, 02:36 PM
Is that what they call themselves, "paddle people"? Please say yes...

Yes. (http://www.orangepower.com/threads/paddle-people.152364/)

And click that link for meltdown over this issue as well :stunned:

Now that OSU has had it's paddle meltdown, they need to help propel UT to another 5-7 season by winning this weekend. Seriously, eff whorn. I know Poke won the Big 12 last year, but I have decided that it's funnier when whorn loses.

8timechamps
9/28/2012, 02:41 PM
Yes. (http://www.orangepower.com/threads/paddle-people.152364/)

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

CowboyMRW
9/28/2012, 02:47 PM
Very doubtful anything comes of this.

If true, then Texas band is not allowed to have the cowbells, and Texas Tech can't have the bell ringer person.

Word is, Mack Brown is personally leading the cause against the paddle people. How true that actually is, IDK, but it's what I've heard.

badger
9/28/2012, 03:21 PM
Word is, Mack Brown is personally leading the cause against the paddle people. How true that actually is, IDK, but it's what I've heard.

No, you guys totally need to run with that rumor, because it if the lie grows into the truth, your fans have a reason to be uber loud on Saturday, giving you all a better chance to win.

The key to propelling a rumor into truth territory is to mix it with known truths. Here, I'll give you some ammo:

Mack Brown has hated the paddle people ever since they nearly cost him a victory in Stillwater in 2007. Some non-UT and non-Poke fans probably remember that game because it came down to the wire, with UT winning 38-35.

Basically, UT had a HUGE deficit to make up, down 35-14 at the end of the third quarter. So, rally rally rally. Texas brought it to 35-35 and had to start their drive at their own 20 with only 55 seconds left. Enter OSU Paddle People. Texas was constantly running plays and the paddlers were not relenting in trying to throw them off in a hurry-up mode of the hurry up offense. It's like a hurry-hurry-up, yknow? Anyways, 8 plays later, it all comes to a head when they send out their kicker with 2 seconds left. Mack is furious by this time that the crowd, especially the paddle people, are not allowing him to get his signals in and Colt McCoy (that quarterback that now sucks for Cleveland behind Brandon Weeden) is basically lucking the horns down the field. What really riled Mack up was when UT kicker Ryan Bailey was trying to focus on the game winning kick, those paddles apparently looked like a bunch of squiggly balloons behind a free throw shooter in the NBA --- uber distracting.

Now, you might be wondering why, after five years, this matters today and why this is going down today. Here's why: Mack Brown needs to win the Big 12 championship. While Deloss Dodds was able to use his leverage to force OU to go to Morgantown and WVU to go to Austin this season, he wasn't able to get UT out of one of it's worst road tests: Stillwater. Mack Brown simply cannot, with his $5 million annual salary, afford to settle for another Holiday Bowl season. This is Big 12 championship or bust, and everyone knows it. It's not just Mack's head on the line, but many in the UT athletic department.

As such, Mack Brown is doing everything he can to ensure that there is not a repeat of what happened in 2007. OSU might not have Weeden, Blackmon, or even Robinson and Dez anymore, but he knows what the Paddle People are capable of, and therefore, he's pre-empting anything they can do to negatively impact their Big 12 chances, from the noise to the free-throw-like distraction for his kicker.

...ok, so Poke that up a bit and then try to get your fanbase to buy it. If they believe Mack, UT and the world are against them (like always, oh boo hoo we're so looked down on by the media and everyone else whine whine) then they'll do what they need to in order to help OSU win the game.

Once again, for any Sooners paying attention, the above is 100 percent BS that I just wrote based on Wikipedia's take on the game. Don't buy any of it. OSU fans... Mack is out to get you. paint your tinfoil hat orange and paddle everything!

cleller
9/28/2012, 04:15 PM
Poke Paddlers? Paddle Pokes?

badger
9/28/2012, 04:27 PM
Oh shoot they shot down the conspiracy theorists... well hopefully they'll read the rumors and not the truth (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20120928_93_0_OLHMIY703221) :D

TAFBSooner
9/28/2012, 05:06 PM
No, you guys totally need to run with that rumor, because it if the lie grows into the truth, your fans have a reason to be uber loud on Saturday, giving you all a better chance to win.

The key to propelling a rumor into truth territory is to mix it with known truths. Here, I'll give you some ammo:

. . .

...ok, so Poke that up a bit and then try to get your fanbase to buy it. If they believe Mack, UT and the world are against them (like always, oh boo hoo we're so looked down on by the media and everyone else whine whine) then they'll do what they need to in order to help OSU win the game.

Once again, for any Sooners paying attention, the above is 100 percent BS that I just wrote based on Wikipedia's take on the game. Don't buy any of it. OSU fans... Mack is out to get you. paint your tinfoil hat orange and paddle everything!

Somewhere, a man named Niccolo is smirking.

CowboyMRW
9/28/2012, 05:12 PM
Well that's disappointing.

I guess we'll just bow down to Dodds :D

MamaMia
9/28/2012, 05:37 PM
Would this rule include speaker noise from announcers and jumbotrons?

SunnySooner
9/28/2012, 05:44 PM
What a bunch of bevo****. This ain't golf. If you can't play in noise now, how ya gonna do it in the NFL? Not that I have any love for the PeePees. That's just...yeah. But IDK if I'm in favor of any noise limitation rules, it's part of home field advantage.

Any of y'all at the FSU game last year? They have it raised to an art form...not only ear-splitting music while the "bad guys" are on the line, but ALSO seizure-inducing, gawdawful, horrific, I-ain't-over-it-yet-even-tho-we-won, Jumbotron (and several smaller screens scattered around the stadium) graphics. Those were worse than the noise, so distracting, you can't help but look, even though you know it's gonna hurt. A ban on that ****, I could support. Noise...WTF??!?!??!

CowboyMRW
9/28/2012, 06:15 PM
I know what really happened. Holder is making this all up so that we will be all pissed off and be extra loud.

Yea.....

StoopTroup
9/28/2012, 06:31 PM
KSU needs to forfeit their win against us as their cheerleaders have those hockey horns inside their megaphone cones they used in Norman last weekend. Since they broke the rules, the Big XII must act now. It was those horns that disrupted Landry and the O lines timing and caused Landry to have to leave the pocket quick and ultimately fumble.
The KSU Cheerleaders were right there on the Southeast Corner blowing those horns while Landry was at the line calling cadence. It cost us the game.

:D

MamaMia
9/28/2012, 06:32 PM
The osu paddles and the mats they bag them against is a noise making device, but I would rather they make them stop with the arm lifting wheat waving first down thing. The smell is horrible. Seriously.

StoopTroup
9/28/2012, 06:41 PM
I even have proof. :D

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/BA8F3581-742A-4C17-9D45-D5179D6F64AD-357-0000003B990F330F.jpg

StoopTroup
9/28/2012, 07:01 PM
Honestly....I think it's fair for Fans to scream and yell and clap but when the QB starts to run a play....The NCAA should back the Refs if a Fan, Cheerleader or Rowdy Crew sanctioned by their School takes paddles, artificial Noisemakers, lasers, air horns or anything that isn't two hands clapping or using your vocal chords....the Refs should throw a flag, alert Security and have said person removed from the venue.

Now...if every seat in the stadium comes with one and they are required by the NCAA and is a part of every game and every stadium...fine. Let it continue but IMO if you have good fans you don't need a paddle or air horn or even the announcer trying to make it loud.

85sooners
9/28/2012, 07:17 PM

BeaSooner
9/28/2012, 09:24 PM
so....are you saying that may be up a creek without a ....wait....

cleller
9/29/2012, 08:11 AM
A picture says a thousand words. What is happening to this country?

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww14/cs6000/19670439_BG1.jpg

9/29/2012, 01:57 PM
As long as the masturbating bell ringer is allowed at tech, I'm good.

85sooners
9/29/2012, 02:04 PM
****em!!

Seamus
9/29/2012, 02:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEpLncBG_Nw

sooneron
9/29/2012, 02:07 PM

Good Lord! You'd think all that paddle banging would burn some calories!

sooneron
9/29/2012, 02:10 PM
It NEVER gets old!

EPSfdmPtZ1U&feature=related

:D

9/29/2012, 02:19 PM
The Fexas Fech bell ringer is comedy gold.

kevpks
9/29/2012, 07:18 PM
It doesn't look like they are enforcing the new rule. They're banging those paddles nonstop.