PDA

View Full Version : Blake Bell Senior Year Highlights

possumfat
9/27/2012, 08:44 AM
I know it's High School but enjoy watching him escape pressure and make plays......................................if only !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEJRH3tnuWY&feature=player_embedded

goingoneight
9/27/2012, 11:53 AM
The Rawls and Thompson videos were similar. I think in the future BB's run threat could work really well in this Nevada Pistol stuff. Michael Vick runs a zone read type of offense out of it in Filthadelphia.

EatLeadCommie
9/27/2012, 12:56 PM
The Rawls and Thompson videos were similar. I think in the future BB's run threat could work really well in this Nevada Pistol stuff. Michael Vick runs a zone read type of offense out of it in Filthadelphia.

Hell, even Landry showed mobility in HS. A lot is about the quality the competition. I do find it strange, however, that we recruit mobile QBs like Bell and Thompson if we aren't planning to use them as dual threats. We haven't had a legit dual threat guy since Jason White had two good knees.

BoulderSooner79
9/27/2012, 01:04 PM
Hell, even Landry showed mobility in HS. A lot is about the quality the competition. I do find it strange, however, that we recruit mobile QBs like Bell and Thompson if we aren't planning to use them as dual threats. We haven't had a legit dual threat guy since Jason White had two good knees.

A mobile QB is still very valuable when not used as a dual threat. Many big passing plays happen when a QB breaks containment and gives receivers 5-6 seconds to get open. It also discourages the heck out of the defense. The Steelers offense would be pretty vanila w/o Roethlisberger's ability to buy time.

goingoneight
9/27/2012, 02:20 PM
To be fair... Paul Thompson in all reality was no more mobile than Landry and Sam. He had good track speed and his reputation as a runner came on a few plays against TERRIBLE defensive efforts back in 2003.
BB is the first hybrid guy we've had since Rhomar.

lasooner123
9/27/2012, 02:42 PM
the question is why is he scrambling so much. is it because his offensive line is bad? is it bc he isnt comfortable in the pocket and gets nervous? is it bc his wrs arent getting open? is it bc he cant find guys who in reality are open?

thats the concern with this video and what we've seen from him so far. the scramble against ball state when he had a perfect pocket. the 2 sacks vs famu. this is something we wont know until we see more of him

JiuJitsuSooner
9/27/2012, 03:11 PM
I thought Bomar was a pretty good runner.. Tough kid too, too bad he didn't have his head screwed on right

cleller
9/27/2012, 03:20 PM
I've always wondered how the waiting and sitting affects these guys. Its been 3 years since he was in the mix playing week in/week out. Gotta be tough when you're 20 years old.

kevpks
9/27/2012, 04:33 PM
I don't know about Bell. I'm a bigger fan of whatever QB we're recruiting at the moment. He is tearing it up in high school.

OU_Sooners75
9/27/2012, 04:54 PM
I don't know about Bell. I'm a bigger fan of whatever QB we're recruiting at the moment. He is tearing it up in high school.

Which one? The 2013 commit or the 2014 recruit?

Cody Thomas is the 2013 commit and he is a great talent and great land if we can keep him interested and out of the major leagues.

Justin Hansen is the 2014 QB we are wanting to land. And he is having a great Junior season so far.

As far as the next starter. Everyone is thinking Bell. But do not count out Knight and Thompson. They will push Bell big time.

Honestly, I don't know why OU always wants to land a QB in every class. We have 5 right now on scholarship with 2 freshmen that will redshirt. We will also be getting one next fall if Thomas doesn't go pro in baseball. And in 2014 we likely will get Hansen. But not 100% on that just yet. Too early.

That said, do we really need more QBs?

I do know we need some more OL and DL to get us some depth and hopefully some linemen that are game changers.

Hopefully OU can get Manning (DL OU legacy), Rodger (huge OT) and the other linemen that are seriously considering OU.

BTW, is Patton actually trying to recruit some guards and centers? The guy hasn't seem to get in good with any top guards or centers while here!

soonerboy_odanorth
9/27/2012, 04:59 PM
I believe the term "legacy" as it regards Manning is being used incorrectly. Manning is only Demarcus Granger's brother, right? He isn't the child of a former player that I know of. That would be like saying LeeRoy was a "legacy" because Luscious was on the team.

Kendal Thompson = legacy
Sterling Shepard = legacy

goingoneight
9/27/2012, 05:29 PM
I believe the term "legacy" as it regards Manning is being used incorrectly. Manning is only Demarcus Granger's brother, right? He isn't the child of a former player that I know of. That would be like saying LeeRoy was a "legacy" because Luscious was on the team.

Kendal Thompson = legacy
Sterling Shepard = legacy

In terms of how you recruit a guy like that, you call him whatever he wants to be called to get his name on the dotted line. :D

soonerboy_odanorth
9/27/2012, 08:25 PM
In terms of how you recruit a guy like that, you call him whatever he wants to be called to get his name on the dotted line. :D

Good Point. (And for the record wasn't cracking on _75 using the term at all... I've heard purt much lots-n-lots of folks using the term in regards to Manning.)

And what does everyone think of him generally? Is he a little undersized? Is he Jamarkus McFarland part II? Is he a little better citizen than the older brother?

Maybe I should move this question to the recruiting board... but how is it the LoSuRs are seemingly in on "can't miss" Montravious Adams DT from GA, but OU isn't. (I know, I know... we can't get 'em all. But lately I'd take just one genuine difference maker on D-line.)

goingoneight
9/27/2012, 08:59 PM
Good Point. (And for the record wasn't cracking on _75 using the term at all... I've heard purt much lots-n-lots of folks using the term in regards to Manning.)

And what does everyone think of him generally? Is he a little undersized? Is he Jamarkus McFarland part II? Is he a little better citizen than the older brother?

Maybe I should move this question to the recruiting board... but how is it the LoSuRs are seemingly in on "can't miss" Montravious Adams DT from GA, but OU isn't. (I know, I know... we can't get 'em all. But lately I'd take just one genuine difference maker on D-line.)

Depends on the player. Stoops and his program are very much a tight ship. Not to suggest Gundy and Co. are cheating, but they seem to be a lot more "player friendly." IOW, who would you rather answer to if you screw up? Stoops or Gundy? Both kinds of coaches can be successful. We've won championships with both kinds.

8timechamps
9/27/2012, 11:11 PM

Manning is a stud. Not quite on the level of Tommie Harris, but certainly capable of starting as a true freshman. He's a little short (6'2") but thick 275 and could probably get to 300 in no time. He's been a monster in high school (although we know that doesn't guarantee to cross over). The only real knock on his is that he's got a habit of playing too tall (which I don't think will be an issue with the right coaching).

As for Adams, he's a long shot for OU, but we haven't been eliminated. To my knowledge, OSU isn't even in the picture for Adams. I can't even find an offer from them. It's going to be hard to get him out of the SEC, and if he does leave, it'll probably be to USC.

We offered a kid out of a JuCo in California that's 6'8" 310. I haven't heard much about the kid, but his size alone would be nice.

sendbaht
9/28/2012, 07:29 AM
cool video thanks!