PDA

View Full Version : I just got some OU - texas tickets

SOONER44EVER
9/25/2012, 05:04 PM
I haven't been since the Blake years..........the OT thriller. I'm sure everything has changed since then. Where do i park? Do I eat at the fair or a restaurant? What time should I leave NW OKC Saturday morning to get there in time to have a couple of hours to walk around? Anything I need to avoid or not miss. Wifey has never been so I kinda want to make it a cool day for her. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

olevetonahill
9/25/2012, 05:18 PM
WE suck so bad, you need to just send em on to me, Ill get rid of em for ya. No need in torturing yerself any

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/25/2012, 05:20 PM
you're a nice guy Vet, but i'll fall on that grendade. you don't need to worry about it ;)

olevetonahill
9/25/2012, 05:24 PM
you're a nice guy Vet, but i'll fall on that grendade. you don't need to worry about it ;)

I got more experience in that kida thing than you See I can even spell Grenade :welcoming:

yermom
9/25/2012, 06:11 PM
i've parked in Fair parking and ridden the shuttle in a few times. that seems to be the simplest way. i've kinda parked all around the place over the years though. the key is getting there early.

i've never left Norman the day of the game, so i'm not sure on the timing there, but on a good day you are probably looking at 3.5 hours from NW OKC. who knows what gameday traffic is like. Denton is a death trap the day before, could likely be a nightmare the day of. i'd plan for the worst.

i'd be shooting for 2-2.5 hours before kickoff.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/26/2012, 12:23 AM
I got more experience in that kida thing than you See I can even spell Grenade :welcoming:

lol! thats what happens when i try to post while at work!

SOONER44EVER
9/26/2012, 07:08 PM
i've parked in Fair parking and ridden the shuttle in a few times. that seems to be the simplest way. i've kinda parked all around the place over the years though. the key is getting there early.

i've never left Norman the day of the game, so i'm not sure on the timing there, but on a good day you are probably looking at 3.5 hours from NW OKC. who knows what gameday traffic is like. Denton is a death trap the day before, could likely be a nightmare the day of. i'd plan for the worst.

i'd be shooting for 2-2.5 hours before kickoff. Thanks. I just wish they could start the dang thing at 2:30 instead of at the break of dawn.

85sooners
9/26/2012, 09:20 PM

soonerboy_odanorth
9/26/2012, 10:05 PM
If it's an 11am kickoff I wouldn't leave NW OKC any later than 4am. Best guess that would get you into Fair Park around 8:30-9:00 with the traffic. Just my opinion. I had a friend who got burned by traffic in 2009... left his hotel in Los Colinas (Irving) 2 hours before kickoff and missed it. Didn't get to his seat until first quarter was halfway over.

SOONER44EVER
9/27/2012, 12:01 AM
If it's an 11am kickoff I wouldn't leave NW OKC any later than 4am. Best guess that would get you into Fair Park around 8:30-9:00 with the traffic. Just my opinion. I had a friend who got burned by traffic in 2009... left his hotel in Los Colinas (Irving) 2 hours before kickoff and missed it. Didn't get to his seat until first quarter was halfway over. I was kinda thinking that too. More like dreading it.

nighttrain12
9/27/2012, 12:35 AM
That's why you should leave the OKC area on Friday and spend the night down in the Big D area. Plus leave your hotel about 3 hours before kick off and if you somehow beat the huge traffic jam, you can still have fun at the Fair before the game.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/27/2012, 12:44 AM
That's why you should leave the OKC area on Friday and spend the night down in the Big D area. Plus leave your hotel about 3 hours before kick off and if you somehow beat the huge traffic jam, you can still have fun at the Fair before the game.If at all possible, leave friday, and stay in Gainesville or Denton. That way, you can get some sleep and be a bit rested for the game. Bet you can find inexpensive lodging in Gainesville, too.

yermom
9/27/2012, 08:53 AM
Dallas is so big, there is somewhere to stay in the metro. it's usually not that hard to find a room.

staying that far north seems to be a little counter-productive

XingTheRubicon
9/27/2012, 09:21 AM
after the sheep humpers beat texas, it will be a 2:30 regional game

oh, and go to DFW Friday as mentioned above

sooneron
9/27/2012, 09:48 AM
There are plenty of affordable hotels in Dallas. There's little to no need to stay in flipping Gainesville! Hell, I wouldn't stay north of 635.

A buddy and I are staying here.-
http://www.nylohotels.com/dallas/south-side-hotel-1-8.aspx

The place is brand new and it's about 3.5 miles from the stadium.

C&CDean
9/27/2012, 10:23 AM
If at all possible, leave friday, and stay in Gainesville or Denton. That way, you can get some sleep and be a bit rested for the game. Bet you can find inexpensive lodging in Gainesville, too.

Gainesville? Hell, may as well stay in Norman.

SOONERnTx
9/29/2012, 08:35 PM
I'm leaving from Waco around 4 or 5 am on Saturday!!!