PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time...

One4OU
9/25/2012, 02:03 PM
When is the last time our team saw improvement from the beginning of the season to the end? 2000?

It seems year in and year out our team
Is scrambling to hold on and survive in the latter half of the year. Now we are scrambling to even be good at the beginning if the year. Mark my words we will look worse as the season goes on just like every year.

There is some obvious chemistry problems but I think there is a long list of issues coaches and players included.

goingoneight
9/25/2012, 02:12 PM
Psst... 2010 called.

Oh, yeah... and it's kinda hard to improve on the field when you're on crutches.

kevpks
9/25/2012, 02:20 PM
To show improvement from the beginning of the season to the end, wouldn't you have to go undefeated?
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "just like every year."

We've peaked at the end in several seasons under Stoops:
2005- Look at how we started that year. We won 5 of our last 6 and got robbed in Lubbock. That Holiday Bowl win was impressive
2006- Bowl loss but that was a hell of a run before that.
2009- Horrible games against Nebraska and Tech but we beat a highly ranked OSU team and a good Stanford team in the bowl game.
2010- We won five in a row to end the year.

Everyone always gets on Stoops for the inexcusable loss to the bad or mediocre team (2007 Colorado, 2010 A&M). This loss was an unnecessary loss to a good team.

picasso
9/25/2012, 02:23 PM
This thread blows.

badger
9/25/2012, 02:26 PM
When is the last time our team saw improvement from the beginning of the season to the end? 2000?

Tons of improvement in 2005 (the Rhett Bomar year). We went from embarrassed at home (vs TCU) to defeating the "We deserve a BCS bowl!" 10-1 quackers in the Holiday Bowl.

Also saw improvement in the infamous "DOUBLE DIGIT VICTORY SETTLED ON A NEUTRAL FIELD" plane banner year, 2008. We would have beaten Texas at the end of that season, but alas, that game came in October. So, we just had to settle for beating Chase McBooger's Mizzou'ers again.

2010 also. We had a crappy opening and a lot of injuries, but we somehow came together for a Poke shutout and bowl victory on the Mexico border.

BoulderSooner79
9/25/2012, 02:34 PM
Yep, 2010. Scares against Utah State and AFA as well as getting a gift from Cincy in a game they should have won. Then the 2nd half shutdown against the horns after owning them in the 1st half. Then won the conference by winning a shootout with the pokes and a defensive slugfest with the huskers in the CCG. That's why we were preseason #1 in 2011.

picasso
9/25/2012, 02:35 PM
Don't waste your time. If this person really doesn't think we've ever improved over a season then there's no helping.
Reminds of '05 and my Bob Stoops Call-In thread.

picasso
9/25/2012, 02:38 PM
Ah hell, let's bitch about 2000. Our offense really stalled down the stretch. We sucked.

trwxxa
9/25/2012, 07:03 PM
Based on what I've seen and heard in 2012, the Sooners played better Saturday night than they did against UTEP and that D-1AA school that I can't remember. You can play better and not win. I still think the offense will improve as the gazillion new receivers and Landry keep practicing.

soonercastor
9/25/2012, 07:13 PM
2006-2007 season for sure