PDA

View Full Version : So.... my packers just got ****ed

agoo758
9/24/2012, 10:54 PM
I want to drive a ****ing screwdriver through these officials ****ing throats and watch them bleed to ****ing death while screaming in front of their ****ing kids..... corrupt pieces of ****..... if these ****ing replacement officials don't go... im not watching ****ing..... Good ****ing god..... I could skin a ****ing cat right now.

BoulderSooner79
9/24/2012, 10:55 PM
It's just a game.

agoo758
9/24/2012, 10:57 PM
I've had a chance to cool down......... what I was trying to say is that the refs didn't make the best possible call on the field given the action on that final play......

Seamus
Wow. That ****ing may not be the best ****ing rage I've ever ****ing witnessed, but it's pretty ****ing close! :chuncky:

BoulderSooner79
I've had a chance to cool down......... what I was trying to say is that the refs didn't make the best possible call on the field given the action on that final play......

LOL.

SapulpaSooner
9/24/2012, 11:02 PM
I want to drive a ****ing screwdriver through these officials ****ing throats and watch them bleed to ****ing death while screaming in front of their ****ing kids..... corrupt pieces of ****..... if these ****ing replacement officials don't go... im not watching ****ing..... Good ****ing god..... I could skin a ****ing cat right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocV5bGHdYag

bluedogok
9/24/2012, 11:09 PM
My wife used to be on the same officiating crew as the referee in tonight's game. They were working high school games in the Austin area in the 90's. He was a line judge back then, she was a side judge. She said that he probably wishes he was back doing DII ball again after tonight.

BoulderSooner79
9/24/2012, 11:16 PM
I was watching the end of the game. I told my wife those Seattle fans are going to be deflated real fast when replay reverses that call....

salth2o
9/24/2012, 11:30 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/267222_487358654615553_1576463458_n.jpg

BigTip
9/24/2012, 11:31 PM
I thought I was watching OU being officiated by Pac 12 refs

BigTip
9/24/2012, 11:32 PM
It was funny watching the talking heads after the game. They were almost speechless.

okiewaker
9/24/2012, 11:34 PM
I agree with every asterisk you wrote.

Blue
9/24/2012, 11:37 PM
1. Yes, its just a game.
2. Rodgers got owned for 4 quarters! They deserved the L.
3. Quit acting like NFL officiating was worth a crap before the strike.

Losers, man.

Blue
9/24/2012, 11:43 PM
Rick reilley is a total tool. Why is he on TV?

agoo758
9/25/2012, 12:04 AM
1. Yes, its just a game.

Losers, man.

My ****ing God...... not another "the team made a mistake in the first quater, so they deserved to get ****ed"

How about the dropped pass in the endzone the Seahawks had before? So by your logic, the call should have gone against them....

Which mistakes should count more?

Who made you my guidance counselor in the first place??

arcman46
9/25/2012, 12:16 AM
I want to drive a ****ing screwdriver through these officials ****ing throats and watch them bleed to ****ing death while screaming in front of their ****ing kids..... corrupt pieces of ****..... if these ****ing replacement officials don't go... im not watching ****ing..... Good ****ing god..... I could skin a ****ing cat right now. My thoughts exactly

SOONER44EVER
9/25/2012, 12:19 AM
I think just heard the regular officials are doing the replays in the booth? Is that true?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/25/2012, 12:25 AM
I ALMOST felt sorry for the cheesers, THEN I CAME TO MY SENSES. I remembered I don't like the Packers, never have, prolly never will. They have a cow running back(Benson) and a cow tight end(Finley), and they still are...The Packers.

9/25/2012, 12:28 AM
I thought I was watching OU being officiated by just about any college football refsFIFY

9/25/2012, 12:30 AM
1. Yes, its just a game.

Losers, man.Yessir...owned for about 3 quarters, anyway.

Wishboned
9/25/2012, 12:35 AM
Right now this is working out perfectly for the league. They're saving the money they would have to be paying the regular refs, and they get to levy some serious fines to the coaches and the players for speaking out against the officiating. The fans keep watching, and in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings are going up because people are tuning in just to see what the replacements are going to screw up next.

BoulderSooner79
9/25/2012, 01:23 AM
Right now this is working out perfectly for the league. They're saving the money they would have to be paying the regular refs, and they get to levy some serious fines to the coaches and the players for speaking out against the officiating. The fans keep watching, and in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings are going up because people are tuning in just to see what the replacements are going to screw up next.

You have a point regarding ratings. I peeked in on that game occasionally and the last play was by far the most entertaining. Not for the right reason, but for someone like me that has no feeling for either team, it was fascinating theater.

Blue
9/25/2012, 01:36 AM
Bottom line is Agoo is a freakin baby. He's proved it in the saturday game threads and now he's proving it on NFL threads. Get a life, guy. You've got way too much invested in Sooner and Packer football.

"I quit, I quit, I quit." You should do us a favor and quit.

badger
9/25/2012, 08:08 AM
Confession: Baby badger has been wearing me out lately, so I didn't see the end of the game until this morning. I stayed up for the final Packer touchdown (and failed two-point conversion) and went to bed.

Regardless of whether or not you're a Packer fan, these blown officiating decisions are impacting the game in a way that the Neffel does not want: It turns fans off. Even if it wasn't my team, these questionable and outright wrong calls are tiring me out more than baby badger.

I am ready to stop watching Neffel games if this crap continues. Check stats and scores afterwards, that's it. It's not like the Packers are regularly shown in Oklahoma anyways (although the first three games were, but that's cuz they were odd night/time games)

jk the sooner fan
9/25/2012, 08:23 AM
i'm far from anything close to being a packer fan and normally crack a nice smile anytime they lose. last night, i wanted to watch to see how good Seattle really is - and they're pretty good

however - the Packers got hosed on that final play - but as Herman Edwards just said on Mike & Mike, the officiating has us talking about them, rather than why the packers are only scoring 19(ish) points a game, or why they got sacked 8 times in the first half

i could go on

even the "real" refs have a history of screwing up calls at the end of games - its happened numerous times before, and there's no guarantee the real refs would have got that right last night - even though it seemed rather obvious on the TV that it was an interception

the review could only look at if it was "a catch" - i.e., did the ball touch the ground. they couldnt review possession, which was left to a judgment call on the field

they made quite a few mistakes in how they handled it...Packers fans have a right to feel hosed - but again - they had only scored 12 points...???

badger
9/25/2012, 08:55 AM
Vegas made a lot of money off the blown call, apparently. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8422934/seattle-seahawks-vs-green-bay-packers-disputed-mnf-call-shifted-150-250m-bets)

C&CDean
9/25/2012, 09:03 AM
a) I am a Packer fan.

b) The Pack got hosed. Royally hosed.

c) Seattle is a salty ****ing team.

d) Football season is pretty much over for me now.

e) Go Cardinals!!

C&CDean
9/25/2012, 09:03 AM
a) I am a Packer fan.

e) Go Cardinals!!

olevetonahill
9/25/2012, 09:09 AM
a) I am a Packer fan.

e) Go Cardinals!!

a) I am a Packer fan.

e) Go Cardinals!!

You so down you had to say it twicet?
:welcoming:

badger
9/25/2012, 09:31 AM
It's kind of funny that the Cards lucked out by having the Last-ros as their opponent and the Brewers have to face #NATITUDE, a playoff team.

If the Brewers sneak in, I'll cheer for em. If not, well, they're the Brewers. Seligs own them, so we're used to being screwed with. Oh look, our retractable roof leaks. Oh look, payroll's gonna be slashed again. Oh look, Prince Fielder's now with the Tigers. Oh look, Paul Molitor is with Toronto (but at least he stuck around for the sausage race)

cccasooner2
9/25/2012, 10:09 AM
Good article on the subject, with a dig at Skippy. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/green-bay-packers-seattle-seahawks-ref-controversy-is-teachable-moment-092412

bluedogok
9/25/2012, 10:21 AM
I think just heard the regular officials are doing the replays in the booth? Is that true?
The story that I read about that is basically the "adviser" on the field and the person in the replay booth are from the NFL officiating office but are not in-game officials. They may or may not have been on-field officials at some level at some point.

I still think Goodell is a large part of the problem with the NFL right now but the owners seem to like him so that means he is doubtful to lose his job. He seems to think he is the David Stern of football and there is no owner like a Mark Cuban to test him.

sooneron
9/25/2012, 10:49 AM
The packer's D ****ed up just as bad as the officials when they didn't just knock the ball down. Usually, when you see a hail mary, the defenders are doing everything to knock the ball down, not catch it. THAT is the smart play. I'm sure Jennings knows this or he's just really stupid.

BoulderSooner79
9/25/2012, 11:03 AM
The packer's D ****ed up just as bad as the officials when they didn't just knock the ball down. Usually, when you see a hail mary, the defenders are doing everything to knock the ball down, not catch it. THAT is the smart play. I'm sure Jennings knows this or he's just really stupid.

Most DBs try to catch the ball instead of knock it down. I assume that is because they have bonuses written into their contracts based on INT stats. Or they are stupid.

salth2o
9/25/2012, 11:19 AM
Vegas made a lot of money off the blown call, apparently. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8422934/seattle-seahawks-vs-green-bay-packers-disputed-mnf-call-shifted-150-250m-bets)

GB was a 3 point favorite.

arcman46
9/25/2012, 11:29 AM
I'm a huge Packer fan. I also have lived in Seattle and enjoy watching the Seahawks. I was commenting to my buddy as I was watching the game that the Seahawks D was playing awfully well. As a Packers fan, I was pissed about the blown call, but there are always blown calls. As a football fan, it pisses me off more because the talk should be about how good the Hawks played on D, not that the Packers got jobbed.

badger
9/25/2012, 12:11 PM
After further review of the further review, the ruling on the field is confirmed... by the NFL (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=223&articleid=20120925_223_0_NEWYOR855916). :mad:

I know that our offense played off-ul most of the game, but still... a win would have been better than a losing record three games into the season :mad:

On a positive note, we're still undefeated in our division I guess

badger
9/25/2012, 12:14 PM
Have some funny toons (http://www.cagle.com/news/replacement-refs-2/)

An excerpt:
http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/124/2012/09/24/119191_600.jpg

9/25/2012, 12:52 PM
e) Go Cardinals!!Hel*, why not?! (although Bidwill still owns the team, and still used fraud to get votes for the stadium funding)
Wisenhunt is a good coach, and likeable. As far as I know, Jamelle Fleming is still on the team, for Sooner representation.
The Cards defense is SOUND! Kevin Kolb has a newfound confidence, and is playing a lot better. They are looking good.

badger
9/25/2012, 01:12 PM
Hel*, why not?! (although Bidwill still owns the team, and still used fraud to get votes for the stadium funding)
Wisenhunt is a good coach, and likeable. As far as I know, Jamelle Fleming is still on the team, for Sooner representation.
The Cards defense is SOUND! Kevin Kolb has a newfound confidence, and is playing a lot better. They are looking good.

3 out of 10. That's not a Phoenix avatar under Deano's name, Rushbert.

In dishonor of my fantasy team's 0-3 status (and my loss this week was epic thanks to Rodger's terrible performance last night):
Tu9fm2rKyRc

sooneron
9/25/2012, 02:59 PM
Most DBs try to catch the ball instead of knock it down. I assume that is because they have bonuses written into their contracts based on INT stats. Or they are stupid.

Well coached ones do not. Not on that play, you're better off batting it away/down than trying to maintain control of it in a mid-air scrum.

bluedogok
9/25/2012, 05:33 PM
This was in The Oklahoman this afternoon.

NewsOK.com - Oklahoman Derrick Rhone-Dunn plays key role in Monday Night Football debacle (http://newsok.com/oklahoman-derrick-rhone-dunn-plays-key-role-in-monday-night-football-debacle/article/3712979)

rainiersooner
9/25/2012, 06:30 PM

Looks like a W in the books for my sea-chickens!! Read it and weep buddy!!! Go hawks!! :)

C&CDean
9/26/2012, 10:00 AM
Well coached ones do not. Not on that play, you're better off batting it away/down than trying to maintain control of it in a mid-air scrum.

How many times does a batted ball that could have been intercepted end up being caught by a receiver? He had a clear shot at the int. He made the int. Clearly. End of story. Except the hosing.

Salt City Sooner
9/26/2012, 12:08 PM
Looks like this might have been the jolt that was needed after all:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8427652/locked-nfl-referees-return-early-week-sources

badger
9/26/2012, 12:20 PM
I hate that the Packers had to be the ones to have this happen to them in order to institute change, but maybe because they took one for the fans, we'll get the real refs back.

And maybe, just maybe, the real refs will be grateful for the sacrifice that the Packers made and give them favorable calls the rest of the season :D

:mad: that would be more likely than me recording one win this entire fantasy football season. :mad:

sooneron
9/26/2012, 01:57 PM
How many times does a batted ball that could have been intercepted end up being caught by a receiver?

Far less than a guy keeping the ball alive by trying to intercept it. It's taught at every level.
Paragraph 7:

http://www.takeoverthegame.com/?p=7822

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000066120/article/green-bay-packers-can-blame-themselves-for-loss

BoulderSooner79
9/26/2012, 02:24 PM

I don't deny that. But if a player has 4 ints on the season and contract bonus of $100k kicking in at 5 ints, what is he going to do?

StoopTroup
9/26/2012, 03:16 PM
Bottom line is Agoo is a freakin baby. He's proved it in the saturday game threads and now he's proving it on NFL threads. Get a life, guy. You've got way too much invested in Sooner and Packer football.

"I quit, I quit, I quit." You should do us a favor and quit.

LOL

cccasooner2
9/26/2012, 03:57 PM
.....:mad: that would be more likely than me recording one win this entire fantasy football season. :mad:

An attorney would claim your last statement was 1) taken out of context or 2) made under extreme emotional distress. The possibility that the statement was true should not be considered.

An attorney would say this last statement was eiither taken out of context or made under extreem emotional distress. Nevderthe

Salt City Sooner
9/26/2012, 11:16 PM
Deal's done; regular refs will work tomorrow night:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8429885/report-nfl-officials-reach-agreement-end-lockout

LONG LIVE ED HOCULI!!!!!

sooneron
9/26/2012, 11:28 PM
I don't deny that. But if a player has 4 ints on the season and contract bonus of $100k kicking in at 5 ints, what is he going to do?

I realize that this is the neffel, but hopefully,he would do what would give his team the better chance at winning. What is he GOING TO DO??? It's the 3rd game of the season! Nice try to bolster an argument built upon the idiocy of a me first kind of guy when he is told time and again what to do.
This is not the cover your bonus (with the BS numbers) time of year last time I checked. Either you do the smart thing that is taught or you are the idiot like Jennings.

agoo758
9/26/2012, 11:32 PM
LOL

That idiot keeps trolling my posts and is frustrated that no one is paying attention to him. He's gonna keep getting more personal and vile until someone gives that **** some attention.

Blue
9/26/2012, 11:51 PM
That idiot keeps trolling my posts and is frustrated that no one is paying attention to him. He's gonna keep getting more personal and vile until someone gives that **** some attention.

I think the only time I've ever noticed that you were a member of this board is when you cussed me on my spek for the comment I made in this thread and your constant meltdowns in the game threads.

Are you saying you aren't a complete freakin baby on here? Should I go find all the posts where you've "Given up! I quit! I'm turning the game off! Waaa! Waaa!"

Heh.

Seamus
9/27/2012, 12:18 AM
Looks like a W in the books for my sea-chickens!! Read it and weep buddy!!! Go hawks!! :)

You pull for a Pete Carroll-coached team. You are a bad person.

ouwasp
9/27/2012, 12:55 AM
Don't care about the NFL except that it serves as good Sunday afternoon nap fodder. That said, i caught the crazy play everybody has been talking about on ESPiN this evening. My Wife, who knows/cares next to nothing about football happened to be nearby...

The play has been rewound via DVR. I ask her to to take a moment and tell me who catches the ball, the guy in white or the player in blue. She watches, shrugs, and says the guy in white. I tell her nope, the blue player just scored a touchdown according to the refs.

Her brow wrinkles a bit. Her response: "I don't know about that. I don't think those refs must be any good..."

Seamus
9/27/2012, 02:41 PM
Don't care about the NFL except that it serves as good Sunday afternoon nap fodder. That said, i caught the crazy play everybody has been talking about on ESPiN this evening. My Wife, who knows/cares next to nothing about football happened to be nearby...

The play has been rewound via DVR. I ask her to to take a moment and tell me who catches the ball, the guy in white or the player in blue. She watches, shrugs, and says the guy in white. I tell her nope, the blue player just scored a touchdown according to the refs.

Her brow wrinkles a bit. Her response: "I don't know about that. I don't think those refs must be any good..."

+1 for having a smart wife.

SoonerofAlabama
9/27/2012, 06:19 PM
I still think its simultaneous possession. Possession doesn't start til feet hit the ground according to the rules. Tie goes to the runner.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/27/2012, 10:16 PM
He he he he. Suck it Pack. Suck it long. Suck it hard. This very nicely and neatly makes up for all those years of Vikings getting completely screwed by the refs. (Drew Pearson push-off.... no calls on Favre, of all people for pete's sake, getting roughed multiple times against New Orleans.. etc.)

You deer-urine-soaked, Depends-wearing-so-you-don't-miss-a-play, fat, drunk, stupid, inbred, dick-cheese-smeared goobs can just.... SUCK!...IT! :D

soonerboy_odanorth
9/27/2012, 10:19 PM
Heh. "Fudge-Packed!" Chortle-snort!

rainiersooner
9/27/2012, 10:41 PM
You pull for a Pete Carroll-coached team. You are a bad person.

I struggle with this all the time. I'm from Seattle...what am I supposed to do!!!??