PDA

View Full Version : You think Okie St can beat the whorns on Saturday ?

JLEW1818
9/24/2012, 07:39 PM
In stoolwater....

prrriiide
9/24/2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah. But then I also think that Ol Mex might dig his way out from under the reflecting pool and bite Landry in the crotch.

OU_Sooners75
9/24/2012, 09:12 PM
Idk...nor do I care!

At this point I'm worried to see if OU can beat Tech on the road.

JLEW1818
9/24/2012, 09:55 PM
I don't think OU plays this weekend...

BoulderSooner79
9/24/2012, 11:00 PM

How 'bout last weekend? (pa dump, CRASH)

OU_Sooners75
9/24/2012, 11:05 PM

I think that is a given when looking at the schedule.

I sure hope this two week practice is taken advantage of installing a new offensive system!!! One that can better hide our weaknesses.

Who honestly would have thought that coming into this season a 5th year senior would be our biggest worry? Not me.

BoulderSooner79
9/24/2012, 11:12 PM
Most posters here seem to favor a big defense that can stop run coupled to a power running offense with some play action sprinkled in. If that really is the best formula, then the horns should win the conference. It's taken them 2 seasons to do it, but that is what they have morphed into. I hope that the pokes can prove that wrong or at least expose that the horns aren't there yet and have some real weaknesses to exploit.

OU_Sooners75
9/24/2012, 11:33 PM
Most posters here seem to favor a big defense that can stop run coupled to a power running offense with some play action sprinkled in. If that really is the best formula, then the horns should win the conference. It's taken them 2 seasons to do it, but that is what they have morphed into. I hope that the pokes can prove that wrong or at least expose that the horns aren't there yet and have some real weaknesses to exploit.

Well texas defense isn't all thatg big, and they really aren't that good.

Their offense has morphed into a power rushing attack because they have some shotty QB play. I would take Landry on a bad day over Ash or McCoy on a good day. And frankly, that is saying something.

OU. Needs to hide their weaknesses. And that is the pocket presence (or lack therof) from their QB. Its the inability to protect Landry with only 5 guys. Its the "must be perfect" or "oh ****" mentality of a 5th year senior QB.

And the only true way to hide those is by playing a more prostyle offense. Not some meerkat no huddle offense that wastes more time than not. Send in play from the side lines. In practice, give thne QB a audible list to check off to. Teach your QB to read defenses and make decisions without looking to the sidelines.

Landry is not a dumb guy. But he isn't a very good athlete when it comes to avoiding pressure. In fact he is very clutsy. So minimize his progressions with playaction off a successful running game.

Just my opinion though.

85sooners
9/24/2012, 11:44 PM

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/25/2012, 12:42 AM
3 teams still on our schedule are looking decidedly better than OU right now. whorn, domer and the coal miners.

prrriiide
9/25/2012, 05:21 AM

Yes they have. And ya notice they did it after Slack got pantsed in the BCS CG by a team that has a big defense and a power running offense? And no, I don't think texass would have won that game if Pony Boy had played the whole way.

MrJimBeam
9/25/2012, 05:58 AM
Landry is not a dumb guy. But he isn't a very good athlete when it comes to avoiding pressure. In fact he is very clutsy. So minimize his progressions with playaction off a successful running game.

Just my opinion though.

I'm not convinced of this. The smartest thing he's done is marry Whitney Hand.

sendbaht
9/25/2012, 06:41 AM
I sure hope OSU beats them....it will make my weekend!!!

olevetonahill
9/25/2012, 06:48 AM
Its been hard for me to get very worked up about this season for some reason
I dont really care which team wins

Soonerjeepman
9/25/2012, 08:21 AM
Teach your QB to read defenses and make decisions without looking to the sidelines.

THIS is scary ...lol we shouldn't NEED to teach a 5th yr Sr 4 yr starter to read defenses...but I totally agree with your post.

CowboyMRW
9/25/2012, 06:24 PM
I think it'll be a close game, but in the end without Lunt, I'm not sure if we can. I hope we do.

We opened as 1 point favorite so maybe Vegas knows something.

Plus, how can we lose wearing these?

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1435733/Camo.jpg

http://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/2012/9/25/3408282/Oklahoma-State-Cowboys-football-new-uniforms-texas-longhorns

olevetonahill
9/25/2012, 06:29 PM
Poke , Yahoo Pickems has Yall 2.5 point dogs
Jes sayin

CowboyMRW
9/25/2012, 06:31 PM
Jes sayin

Yeah, it moved rather quickly. I'm just saying we opened as a 1 point favorite.

olevetonahill
9/25/2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah, it moved rather quickly. I'm just saying we opened as a 1 point favorite.

Dont know But thats where it was on Yahoo yesterday morning also

9/25/2012, 06:48 PM
I think it'll be a close game, but in the end without Lunt, I'm not sure if we can. I hope we do.

We opened as 1 point favorite so maybe Vegas knows something.

Plus, how can we lose wearing these?

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1435733/Camo.jpg

http://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/2012/9/25/3408282/Oklahoma-State-Cowboys-football-new-uniforms-texas-longhornsSadly for ewe pokes, the cows are gonna azz-crash the pistoleros.

CowboyMRW
9/25/2012, 08:01 PM
Focus on the uniforms people

sooneron
9/25/2012, 08:21 PM
Ok. They're ****ing horrid.

sooneron
9/25/2012, 08:27 PM
So minimize his progressions with playaction off a successful running game.

I'm fairly certain that NO off coord in the Stoops era has considered the play action pass as anything other than a trick or gimmick play to be used once or twice a game...

olevetonahill
9/25/2012, 08:54 PM

I did and look what happened .
http://www.evilmilk.com/pictures/Projectile_Vomiting.jpg

BoulderSooner79
9/25/2012, 10:08 PM
I'm fairly certain that NO off coord in the Stoops era has considered the play action pass as anything other than a trick or gimmick play to be used once or twice a game...

I thought LJ faked a handoff on most the plays in the last game. Isn't that play action? Play action won't have much influence on the defenders unless you're been gashing them with the run up until then.

One thing I did notice is we ran 2 legit draw plays and they both resulted in nice gains. On those 2 plays, LJ and the line really sold it that he was dropping to pass, then wheeled and handed off. I've always wondered why we don't do that more often since defenses do respect our passing game. Hope we do more of that.

picasso
9/25/2012, 10:38 PM
I hope the Horns rip their nutsacks.

9/26/2012, 12:55 AM
I hope the Horns rip their nutsacks.Bravo, and dittos, and correct analysis of the present situmation. The cows are confident, and should punish the lines of them pistoleros.

Jacie
9/26/2012, 06:56 AM
Though the world has been spinning off it's axis for some years now, i think things are returning to normal and once again, whorns will dominate little brother despite any posts to the contrary . . .

JLEW1818
9/26/2012, 07:11 AM
I would never hope the whorns win. Maybe because my family is divided...

cleller
9/26/2012, 07:55 AM
3 teams still on our schedule are looking decidedly better than OU right now. whorn, domer and the coal miners.

Jes sayin

I've only seen the Tex/Ole Miss game, plus some Tex highlights, but I'll go out on a limb and predict Texas with win by at least 14.

NYC Poke
9/27/2012, 12:56 AM

The uniforms have been highly entertaining. I hope I have as much fun watching the highlights of the game.

HAMTTX
9/27/2012, 03:30 AM
Texas has a pretty good squad. Strangely what I thought would be their strength now appears to be a little of a liability. I really expected their defense to look something like the 85 Bears, I really did. And maybe they just have not yet got in a rhythm. But they are going to destroy OSU. Texas has a good to great running game, and Ash appears to have gotten used to the speed of the game. If he learns to handle a passing attack they are going to be a handful. OSU is not going to know what hit them. The only question is does Lunt play, and in this case the option QB may be the best way for them to go.

deweydw
9/27/2012, 08:55 AM
Whorns...

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4582550462660930&id=1758520590169cf71fa287ffd633cde7

Pokes...

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=5038740375011897&id=eafbd74fc5428b1e7773b7c195ddf3e8

Curly Bill
9/27/2012, 09:07 AM
I'm not a pokes fan, but I hope they stomp a mudhole in the whorns!

olevetonahill
9/27/2012, 09:10 AM

Normaly I'd agree with ya Bro
But I got a Hunnert riding on US doing better than the pokies so I hate to say but MOOOO

XingTheRubicon
9/27/2012, 09:18 AM
In stillwater with the pokes stacking the box...I think Ash regresses to his Magoo form. OSU outscores texas by 14 to 20. Maybe the stadium will catch fire at some point as well.

Mississippi Sooner
9/27/2012, 09:35 AM
In stillwater with the pokes stacking the box...I think Ash regresses to his Magoo form. OSU outscores texas by 14 to 20. Maybe the stadium will catch fire at some point as well.

I'm picturing a very old episode of Saturday Night Live where a cow falls from the sky.

picasso
9/27/2012, 01:36 PM
You must not live in Oklahoma.

Curly Bill
9/27/2012, 01:51 PM
You must not live in Oklahoma.

Have in the past, not now, but I've ways harbored much more hatred for the whorns than the cowpokes.

I don't root for the cowpokes or anything, but it doesn't bother me at all when they're doing well.

goingoneight
9/27/2012, 02:13 PM

The gameplan isn't the reason Tejas sucks. We've won a good share of championships before with that formula. 2006 comes to mind.

BigTip
9/27/2012, 06:50 PM
Whorns aren't as overrated as we were, but they are certainly over rated.

I would bet the pokies at +1, and I'll take'em in a heart beat since they are getting points now.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/27/2012, 07:56 PM
I think the orange aggy will win.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/27/2012, 08:36 PM
If the earth opens up and swallows up both teams and that tighty-whities skidmark of a school all of humanity wins.

goingoneight
9/27/2012, 09:01 PM
OSU may have another high-powered offense this year; but they're no MNC threat. I want Tejas out of it ASAP. :D

BigTip
9/27/2012, 09:46 PM
I want Tejas out of it ASAP. :D

Yes, I feel the same way usually, but wouldn't it be fun to beat an undefeated texass in Dallas?

goingoneight
9/27/2012, 09:51 PM
Yeah... but we played that scenario with OSU and Iowa State last year. Thinking we'd beat somebody if they were undefeated... meh.

On a side note... Old Man Weeden just gave Baltimore the game purdy much. :D

BigTip
9/27/2012, 09:58 PM
On a side note... Old Man Weeden just gave Baltimore the game purdy much. :D

Colt! Colt! Colt!

lol

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
9/27/2012, 10:03 PM
Hate to say it, but I think Saxet wins by at least two TDs
The pokes lost too many key players

NYC Poke
9/28/2012, 02:31 AM
I did and look what happened .

Vet, does it bother you that I just heard James McNurty's song "Choctaw Bingo" for the first time a couple of days ago and somehow thought of you? I'd smiley here to let you know I'm kidding, but the smilies here suck now.

I'm still down in East Texas dealing with my bro's cancer and stuff. I got signed up with a band at the Cowboy Church on account of me knowing how to play guitar, and I got signed up at for the Arena Team at the Cowboy Church on account of me having a horse, and I'm not going to be able to watch the game Saturday because I'll be at Sorting and Penning practice.

Once an Ag, always and Ag, I guess.

It's a bit different from NYC.

NYC Poke
9/28/2012, 02:46 AM
Colt! Colt! Colt!

lol

Funny. Seriously.

Weeden's struggling and Bradford is struggling and given the teams they play for, any QB would struggle. I want nothing but the best for both of these overlooked Oklahomans and think they both can succeed if either could figure out a way to make their receivers catch a ball.

olevetonahill
9/28/2012, 02:50 AM
Vet, does it bother you that I just heard James McNurty's song "Choctaw Bingo" for the first time a couple of days ago and somehow thought of you? I'd smiley here to let you know I'm kidding, but the smilies here suck now.

I'm still down in East Texas dealing with my bro's cancer and stuff. I got signed up with a band at the Cowboy Church on account of me knowing how to play guitar, and I got signed up at for the Arena Team at the Cowboy Church on account of me having a horse, and I'm not going to be able to watch the game Saturday because I'll be at Sorting and Penning practice.

Once an Ag, always and Ag, I guess.

It's a bit different from NYC.

Heh, I bet it is a **** ton different than NYC :highly_amused:
Hell Dont nuthin much bother me anymore, Sides Dont reckon Ive heard it yet.

Dont forget to drop in from time to time at the Hideout, Yer still the only one authorised to use orange there :very_drunk:

5noubus
9/28/2012, 10:05 AM
Who do we need to win? Which one benefits is the most?
I want to see OSU beaten but they already have one loss.
I think if OSU beats up on Texas it might shake their confidence and benefit us.

Mississippi Sooner
9/28/2012, 10:19 AM
Heh, I bet it is a **** ton different than NYC :highly_amused:
Hell Dont nuthin much bother me anymore, Sides Dont reckon Ive heard it yet.

Dont forget to drop in from time to time at the Hideout, Yer still the only one authorised to use orange there :very_drunk:

Choctaw Bingo by James McMurtry might be the finest song ever written about the rednecks of southern Oklahoma/north Texas. Definitely worth finding.

MamaMia
9/28/2012, 10:45 AM
****You are a man of few words these days. :D

NYC Poke
9/29/2012, 01:07 AM
Choctaw Bingo by James McMurtry might be the finest song ever written about the rednecks of southern Oklahoma/north Texas. Definitely worth finding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TSaqMyPwBM&feature=related

The meth part doesn't really apply, but the part about making whiskey seems to ring a bell.

BTW, for those unfamiliar, James McMurtry is the son of Larry McMurtry, the dude who wrote Lonesome Dove.

olevetonahill
9/29/2012, 01:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TSaqMyPwBM&feature=related

The meth part doesn't really apply, but the part about making whiskey seems to ring a bell.

BTW, for those unfamiliar, James McMurtry is the son of Larry McMurtry, the dude who wrote Lonesome Dove.

Heh, I looked it up on UToob , dint listen all the way thru , But caught yer meaning

I still know how, Just dont anymore because of all the Haters here anymore, That and Dean dont do the TGs anymore

NYC Poke
9/29/2012, 02:23 AM
Heh, I looked it up on UToob , dint listen all the way thru , But caught yer meaning

I still know how, Just dont anymore because of all the Haters here anymore, That and Dean dont do the TGs anymore

I posted another version of it over on the shack where it's just him and a guitar (and a roomful of dorks). It's worth a listen the whole way through.

I also probably pissed off sunny.

9/29/2012, 02:29 AM
OSU may have another high-powered offense this year; but they're no MNC threat. I want Tejas out of it ASAP. :DThings will turn to normal, and Bevo will dispatch the candycorn orange pistoleros.

9/29/2012, 02:31 AM
Who do we need to win? Which one benefits is the most?
I want to see OSU beaten but they already have one loss.
I think if OSU beats up on Texas it might shake their confidence and benefit us.That would be the only silver lining to that ominous cloud up in the Stool

NYC Poke
9/29/2012, 02:43 AM
That would be the only silver lining to that ominous cloud up in the Stool

I really wish I could have been around more last season to watch your head spin around.

cleller
9/29/2012, 09:42 AM
Its frustrating that OSU is forced to choose between two completely green QBs - and they still have a good shot at winning vs a very solid opponent.

CowboyMRW
9/29/2012, 10:01 AM
So, I have taught me sheep how to write. What it does, is it goes outside and I have this can of erasable paint that is always open and he will step in it to get it on the bottom of his hoof and write out a message on my patio.

This week he said that he was sorry for the Arizona game, but hopes that what happened that night never happens again.

He has sent out a message to all OSU players, basically pleading to win this game. Plus, my sheep has some friends in town tonight. So, with that extra motivation for our players, I like our odds.

olevetonahill
9/29/2012, 10:06 AM
So, I have taught me sheep how to write. What it does, is it goes outside and I have this can of erasable paint that is always open and he will step in it to get it on the bottom of his hoof and write out a message on my patio.

This week he said that he was sorry for the Arizona game, but hopes that what happened that night never happens again.

He has sent out a message to all OSU players, basically pleading to win this game. Plus, my sheep has some friends in town tonight. So, with that extra motivation for our players, I like our odds.

Yer team **** all those sheep before the game they gonna be too drained to Play.
jes sayin

cleller
9/29/2012, 10:32 AM

At least you've got a sense of humor.

I bet your sheep is very forgiving.

CowboyMRW
9/29/2012, 10:48 AM
Yer team **** all those sheep before the game they gonna be too drained to Play.
jes sayin

Not before, after. That's the secret.

olevetonahill
9/29/2012, 11:06 AM
Not before, after. That's the secret.

I see, Kinda give em sompun to look forward to huh?

oupride
9/29/2012, 11:08 AM
I think that they might pull it off.

SunnySooner
9/29/2012, 12:27 PM

MY EYES!!!! MY EYES!!! OMG, I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE TO MAKE ORANGE UGLIER!!!

Holy Sheep ****, you gotta put a warning up before you post **** like that, I have PTSD from that horror!!!! Guess I'll just listen to the game...ugh, I gotta go lay down...

SunnySooner
9/29/2012, 12:30 PM
Oh, and as a wizened, red-polyester-wearing, little old lady alum once told me about this game..."You don't cheer for anyone, you just pray for INJURIES!!". Still cracks me up...:biggrin:

And no, I don't really do that...very much.

picasso
9/29/2012, 11:17 PM
I think that they might pull it out too soon.

fixed

StoopTroup
9/29/2012, 11:21 PM
Dear JLEW....

No. Your Welcome.....:D

85sooners
9/29/2012, 11:41 PM
Orange is ugly