PDA

View Full Version : Who are going to be the leaders on the field?

cleller
9/24/2012, 09:03 AM
This topic has been brought up in threads some, but it seems like the team doesn't have the player-leaders you typically see. On the D, I think Jefferson may emerge as a leader. While we've got plenty of experience at LB, those guys haven't picked up role, IMO.

The offense is trickier. Landry? Don't know why, but don't see it. The Oline? They've had a rough go, but could use some Mangino. The backs and receivers are all still jockeying to get on the field more. Stills is a vet, but doesn't carry himself, or take on the role like Broyles did.

I'm not trying to knock the guys, just speculating at who might come forward and have the personality of a leader.

madillsoonerfan5353
9/24/2012, 09:08 AM
It starts at the top IMO, YES I'm talking about Bob Stoops. Flame away!! He looks like he's forgot how to coach. Sooner or later the coaches need to be held accountable. Yes I know we've had some injuries, and lost some guys to the NFL. Nick Saban and Bama says hello! I love the Sooner and stayed at the stadium till after the game, but things need to change on the staff IMO.

SoonerorLater
9/24/2012, 10:07 AM
It starts at the top IMO, YES I'm talking about Bob Stoops. Flame away!! He looks like he's forgot how to coach. Sooner or later the coaches need to be held accountable. Yes I know we've had some injuries, and lost some guys to the NFL. Nick Saban and Bama says hello! I love the Sooner and stayed at the stadium till after the game, but things need to change on the staff IMO.

I don't want this to be a "get rid of Stoops" thread but I have my doubts we will ever see another Championship under Bob Stoops. Sad as it might be the type of coach that wins these days is the insanely driven, ethically challenged, micro manager. The kind of guy whose family barely recognizes him. The type of guy who lives, eats and breathes football 24x7. Bob Stoops isn't that guy. As a human being a good thing. As a coach maybe not as good.

Soonerjeepman
9/24/2012, 10:17 AM
guess I have my doubts when TJ says "guess we lost focus" ...that he is a leader. Really? #16 comes to town, night game, national audience, League and NCG title chances are on the line. I get tired of hearing, "we just didn't focus", BUT I do understand they are 18-23 yr old young men going to school playing a game they love.

I lose focus mowing the yrd once in awhile as well :-)

Gabe Ikerd SEEMS to be vocal for the O...but LJ is just content it seems. I understand ya can't be a rah rah guy every play but dang I haven't seen ANY emotion from that kid. Also hate to say it but he's a 4th yr starter married...needs to step up and put big boy pants on.

tycat947
9/24/2012, 10:21 AM
I don't think they have a leader on the field, either side! All of our best teams in the Stoops era has had leaders on the field. I just don't see it this year or even last year. It's going to be a long year unfortunately.

marfacowboy
9/24/2012, 10:27 AM
Aaron Colvin seems like he wants to be heard from. There's only one guy that should be leading the offense and that's Jones. He needs to step it up.

madillsoonerfan5353
9/24/2012, 10:36 AM
I don't want this to be a "get rid of Stoops" thread but I have my doubts we will ever see another Championship under Bob Stoops. Sad as it might be the type of coach that wins these days is the insanely driven, ethically challenged, micro manager. The kind of guy whose family barely recognizes him. The type of guy who lives, eats and breathes football 24x7. Bob Stoops isn't that guy. As a human being a good thing. As a coach maybe not as good.

I'm not saying that Stoops needs to go, either of them. But being loyal might be Bob's downfall. I really wanted Heuple to be the guy, it seems he's in over his head. Bob needs to make some major changes. You're are correct about the good coaches. I want one like Saban, that looks like he's going to blow a head gasket even when your team is up by 40.