PDA

View Full Version : HELL ON WHEELS

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/24/2012, 12:33 AM
Anyone else been watching this show on AMC, and want to talk about it? I started watching last season, and really don't even know what preceded my viewing of the show. But, I have watched since Bohannon killed the guy by the railroad tracks that he mistakenly thought had killed his wife, toward the end of last season. There are reportedly 2 more episodes left this season.

That said, IMO the Swede is doing a great job of being hateable, turning everyone against each other like he does. I like the former harlet who is pregnant with Ferguson's baby(or protein mass, if you prefer). This is a pretty good show. Not Breaking Bad good, but worth watching, nevertheless. All are invited to jump in here, with any observations or ideas about this show.

olevetonahill
9/24/2012, 03:38 AM
Decent show
I just started watching a few weeks ago

jk the sooner fan
9/24/2012, 06:30 AM
i loved the first season - some of the shows this season have been rather meh.....the butcher episode was just unnecessary imo...i'm losing interest

9/24/2012, 04:03 PM
i loved the first season - some of the shows this season have been rather meh.....the butcher episode was just unnecessary imo...i'm losing interestExpound some on the first season, what were important details & what was good about it, pls. (I sort of liked the butcher episode. Don't particularly like that actor, and t'was good to see him written out of the series)

hawaii 5-0
9/24/2012, 04:44 PM
Those chin tattoos are kinda hot.

5-0

olevetonahill
9/24/2012, 07:45 PM

5-0

Is that chick a Kardashian?

jk the sooner fan
9/24/2012, 08:00 PM
Expound some on the first season, what were important details & what was good about it, pls. (I sort of liked the butcher episode. Don't particularly like that actor, and t'was good to see him written out of the series)

expound? what am i, siskel and ebert?

i dunno - i just liked the first season

hawaii 5-0
9/24/2012, 09:21 PM
Is that chick a Kardashian?

Maybe she has a buffalo tramp stamp.

5-0

jk the sooner fan
9/24/2012, 09:28 PM
i think the story lines in the second season have been a little "out there"

the writers are trying too hard to put an edge on the show

9/24/2012, 09:43 PM

5-0The woman is kinda hot, with or without the tats

9/24/2012, 09:43 PM
expound? what am i, siskel and ebert?

i dunno - i just liked the first seasonBe the live one.

3rdgensooner
9/24/2012, 10:40 PM
I like the show.

That's my brilliant contribution to the thread.

9/25/2012, 12:08 AM
I like the show.

That's my brilliant contribution to the thread.holy gee thanks.

When do the script writers bring in the boy or girl raised by wolves?

hawaii 5-0
9/25/2012, 06:33 AM
I wanna see two locomotives humping.

5-0

SicEmBaylor
9/25/2012, 07:36 AM
I wanna see two locomotives humping.

5-0
Its been done. YWIA
http://www.lsjunction.com/facts/crush.htm

This season hasn't been as good as last season. Last season was fantastic.

This is definitely one of my favorite clips of any TV show I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN6ehR5jV4s&feature=g-like

Jacie
9/26/2012, 07:13 AM
What's not to love about this show?

Ya got your former rebel soldier on a rampage of revenge, your recently widowed gal killing an indian with one of his own arrows, the guy least deserving (Durant) getting to shag said widow, ya got hookers (lots of em), a drunken preacher and preacher's daughter (ask any guy who knew one of these during their formative years if you were unfortunate not to be one of those guys!), and most of all it has the three elements that every great Western needs: horses, cowboys and horses.

8/11/2013, 12:53 AM
Season 3 tonight. 2 hours new material. Durant's a bigger pri*k than ever, right outa the chute. Big surprise Bohannan getting it on with the young mormon girl. Just WHO shot the new Railroad Police Chief? 8 more minutes to go in the second hour of the new season?

8/11/2013, 01:01 AM
The new mouthy guy in the cavalry detachment is quite the jerk.

SicEmBaylor
8/11/2013, 03:34 AM
I love Hell on Wheels. Tonight's premier was great; however, I have a writing complaint. When that fat pompous little yankee ********* asked if he had ever been to Washington, he should have replied "I had every intention of going to Washington in order to burn it."

ouwasp
8/11/2013, 09:29 PM
I really liked the first season. Missed the 2nd because of the AMC/Dish foul-up. Then I learned the blonde lady was killed off. I really liked her, she was one of the only likeable characters on the show. Probably won't watch it anymore.

8/11/2013, 11:37 PM
▶👆OLD WHORE SICKNESS👆◀ (http://raboninco.com/4W9G)

I really liked the first season. Missed the 2nd because of the AMC/Dish foul-up. Then I learned the blonde lady was killed off. I really liked her, she was one of the only likeable characters on the show. Probably won't watch it anymore.Gee, thanks. Thanks a lot...

Jacie
8/12/2013, 11:47 AM
I really liked the first season. Missed the 2nd because of the AMC/Dish foul-up. Then I learned the blonde lady was killed off. I really liked her, she was one of the only likeable characters on the show. Probably won't watch it anymore.

Her death, regrettable as it was, was totally necessary to set up the climactic scene on the trestle between Bohannon and The Swede.

8/12/2013, 11:59 AM
Her death, regrettable as it was, was totally necessary to set up the climactic scene on the trestle between Bohannon and The Swede.I won't be shocked if "the Swede" shows up again on the series.

8/18/2013, 12:24 AM
Issues: Wonder what kind of depravity "the Swede" has planned this season?! What became of Durant's wife? The traitoring by the blonde Irishman(McGuinness?) needs to be found out soon by Bohannan. Is Bohannon wooing the preacher woman? Little doubt she likes him.

SicEmBaylor
8/18/2013, 01:53 AM
I hope Bohannon puts a bullet through that fat yankee prick's big skull.

8/18/2013, 02:19 AM
I hope Bohannon puts a bullet through that fat yankee prick's big skull.Some injun will take his scalp, and pretty soon. We can at least hope.

SicEmBaylor
8/18/2013, 02:34 AM
Some injun will take his scalp, and pretty soon. We can at least hope.

Negative. I want a southern patriot to end that man.

If you'll recall, one of Sherman's war criminals that murdered his family is still at large. He thought he got the last man at the end of the 1st season, but as it turns out he was mistaken. One is still at large. My theory is that fat yankee pig is the last man responsible.

8/18/2013, 02:56 AM
Negative. I want a southern patriot to end that man.

If you'll recall, one of Sherman's war criminals that murdered his family is still at large. He thought he got the last man at the end of the 1st season, but as it turns out he was mistaken. One is still at large. My theory is that fat yankee pig is the last man responsible.Could be. They have made that soldier about as unlikeable as possible. I'll be glad to see him go any way the writers see fit.

8/18/2013, 03:01 AM
Prostitute bleeding from her crotch: Eva says "she's got old whore's disease". Reporter asks how old the whore is. Eva says "she's 19, I think".

SicEmBaylor
8/18/2013, 04:20 AM
Could be. They have made that soldier about as unlikeable as possible. I'll be glad to see him go any way the writers see fit.

If they wore a blue uniform, they're as unlikable as possible.

SicEmBaylor
8/18/2013, 04:21 AM
Prostitute bleeding from her crotch: Eva says "she's got old whore's disease". Reporter asks how old the whore is. Eva says "she's 19, I think".

I assume that's an STD of some sort, but I'm unfamiliar with that particular problem. At first, I thought she was having a miscarriage.

8/18/2013, 11:51 AM
I assume that's an STD of some sort, but I'm unfamiliar with that particular problem. At first, I thought she was having a miscarriage.Yeah, the way the "problem" was depicted, I couldn't guess what was wrong with her, either.

BTW, did you know the woman who plays Eva is an Aussie? She has that American accent down pat.

8/25/2013, 01:13 AM
WELLLL, Jimmy Two wives takes Buffalo Face for his third wife, to save the lives of Bohannan and Ferguson. Quite a lumber purchase! What sort of trouble will the reporter cause for Bohannon, now that she knows he killed some Yankee soldiers in cold blood, for revenge?

Where's Eva's baby, and her former BIL? Ferguson ain't gonna be real happy to see that Irishman.

9/8/2013, 02:00 AM
Who woulda thought that Bohannon would befriend Ulysses S Grant, and that the reporter woman was gay? Looked like she was feverishly writing when Grant admitted to being a drunk. Little doubt she will tell Durant about that.

The Swede leaving the Mormon couple dead floating in the river came as no surprise. I didn't notice their son's body, though...

TAFBSooner
9/13/2013, 01:14 PM
If they wore a blue uniform, they're as unlikable as possible.

Where did the money to fund your trust fund come from, anyway?

http://www.amazon.com/Better-Off-Without-Manifesto-Secession/dp/1451616651

okiewaker
9/13/2013, 09:24 PM
Clueless. Never heard, seen an ad, or anyone talk about it. However, I will now check it out.

8/1/2014, 02:06 AM
IT'S BEEN NEARLY A YEAR!

HELL on WHEELS Season 4 begins this saturday, August 2 2014! Bohannon's in a Mormon compound with a 19 year old pregnant wife, the Swede is a big poobah in the mormon community that captured Bohannon. Ferguson was mauled by a grizzly, whom he killed in the process. (Ferguson lies on the ground motionless, but it seems he has all his body parts) Durant has wrested control of the railroad again...SEASON 4 IS SET TO BEGIN!

Curly Bill
8/1/2014, 02:36 AM
I've tried to watch it but it doesn't hold my interest.

...and I love westerns.

8/1/2014, 02:49 AM
IMO it's kickass.:cupcake: Probably like it as much as anything that is currently being shown on tv.
I also like Justified, Longmire, the Mentalist, Person of Interest, Elementary, 24 if they do it again. Alltime favorite was Breaking Bad, then Deadwood, I guess. Best comedy was Malcolm in the Middle.

Curly Bill
8/1/2014, 02:54 AM
IMO it's kickass. Probably robably like it as much as anything that is currently being shown on tv.
I also like Justified, Longmire, the Mentalist, Person of Interest, Elementary, 24 if they do it again. Alltime favorite was Breaking Bad, then Deadwood, I guess. Best comedy was Malcolm in the Middle.

Out of all that I only like Deadwood.

8/1/2014, 02:26 PM
IMO they won't get rid of Durant and the Swede, Ferguson and Bohannon of course. Just about all the others are expendable, I would think. I have read that they want to keep from going TOO far from historical truth of the building of the railroad. Of course, who knows just what will happen?

STARTS TOMORROW! at 9PM Pacific on AMC channel. Check your local listings for the time

8/2/2014, 02:13 PM
AMC is having a marathon of HOW episodes today, leading up to the new season that starts tonight.

8/3/2014, 02:21 AM
New season(#4): Any guesses if Elam made it past the bear? What language was the Swede(the bishop) chanting in when Naomi was having the baby? Arapaho? Lakota?

MICKEY: "All women are whores...except my mother."

Anyone watch TURN, the new series about the Revolutionary War? It followed HOW on AMC, and was 1.5 hrs in the inaugural episode. I had a rough time hearing the dialog, due to the heavy accents and the music in the background. It might get good, if I can make out what they're saying.

8/3/2014, 05:38 PM
Doyle

Loved the imagery of the well scene. Bishop Dutson speaks from above, in the light, removing the ladder while Naomi cries for Cullen. Laboring in the shadows, digging for life giving water Cullen is left to contmemplate his new life. No more killing, no fighting, peaceful family life opposite of what Cheyenne offers. The Bishop made a point, but who really trusts the Swede ?

hawaii 5-0
8/4/2014, 06:44 PM
I've enjoyed this one from the git go.

I hope the kid whose parents were killed by the Swede gets to exact revenge.

Tattoos can be very very sexy.

5-0

8/4/2014, 08:33 PM
To me it appears that Bohannon's new Mormon wife Naomi looks a LOT different this new season than she did last season. Amost to the point where I wonder if she's the same person(actress). Anyone else have that impression?

Curly Bill
8/5/2014, 09:53 PM
I've enjoyed this one from the git go.

I hope the kid whose parents were killed by the Swede gets to exact revenge.

5-0

Not really! To me they're the modern equivalent of puffing on a cigarette.

8/5/2014, 11:42 PM

5-0Glad you like the show. I wish more folks followed it here, or at least wanted to discuss it. If you're talking about Eva's chin tatoos, I'm not so convinced it's her tatoos that make her sexy.

8/5/2014, 11:46 PM
To me they're(tatoos) the modern equivalent of puffing on a cigarette.They're silly looking, but not potentially as harmful as smoking. At least, it seems that way.

hawaii 5-0
8/6/2014, 11:37 AM
Eva's probably got a buffalo head tramp stamp.

Or maybe a whole herd of buffalo. :courage:

5-0

8/10/2014, 09:32 AM
Anybody watch it last night?

i was thinking Ezra, the boy was going to be the one to expose the Swede to the Mormon community. Also, I still think Common(Elam) is alive. I wonder why the Indian in war paint crossed paths with Cullen and Naomi. That is, what was the point of that? Last but not least, does anyone still think as i do, that the person playing Naomi in season 3 might be different than the one playing her now.

OK. Here's the story on the New" Naomi:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/24/hell-on-wheels-season-4-naomi/

hawaii 5-0
8/11/2014, 12:21 AM
I usually D/L a whole season and then watch 'em straight thru.

5-0

8/17/2014, 03:03 AM
8-16-14

sorta sad Ruth wasn't able to get together with Cullen.

The appointment of john Campbell and his henchmen demonstrates the real power of government, and how easily that power can be abused.

9/3/2014, 01:00 AM
8-30-14 episode. I LOL'd when the Swede met Brigham Young, and greeted him with "LION OF THE LORD!" I don't remember the rest of what Swede told BY, but it was a fabulous monologue. Some inspired writing, for sure.

Can anyone identify the boy that the southern badguy shot in the general store? It wasn't Ezra, was it?

Looks as if Elam returns next episode. I guess the Indians found him, and he's been with them for quite a while, now.

9/9/2014, 01:38 AM
9-8-2014 Guess I'm the last of the posting Soonerfans to watch this show. Heck, I even like it. Elam's return was quite an episode.

10/8/2014, 06:38 PM
10-4-14 episode. (They won't have another episode til 11-8-14 if I heard/read correctly.)
Well, Sidney Snow apparently doesn't die. too bad. And Brigham Young is going to employ the murdering Gunderson on his contract with the railroad coming from the West. Do they throw Ruth in jail for shooting Snow? Does Campbell ever have to pay for throwing the town into chaos? Any predictions, anyone?

hawaii 5-0
10/14/2014, 07:10 PM
I'm still recording the episodes to watch later.

5-0