PDA

View Full Version : Did you go to the game?

8timechamps
9/23/2012, 10:26 PM
Wondering how loud the stadium was. It's always hard to tell on TV (unless the announcers make a comment about it), so I couldn't tell if it was rockin' or not. Also, I really can't stand the Fox play-by-play guy (not Charles Davis, the other dude). There are a lot of reasons why I don't like to listen to the guy, but when he said "This is the first time the Sooners have run the Belldozer in a live game", it just added insult to injury. Anyway, if you went...hope you're hoarse from yelling!

Piware
9/23/2012, 10:35 PM
Yes. Have the sore throat and post game day cough to prove it but, even with the loss, it was vintage OU. Student section was rocking, Pride sounded better than it has in several years and the weather was perfect. Fans were loud far beyond the point we had a reason to be and folks stayed to the bitter end.

yermom
9/23/2012, 10:59 PM
i was getting out about 2/3 words when i got home from the game

i still don't think the band and crowd work together well enough though. we usually aren't loud until the huddle breaks

StoopTroup
9/23/2012, 11:53 PM
It was the loudest I've heard it since Taco Tech and the Jump Around Night.

The loudest I've ever heard it there....

OU vs Nebbishka 2000

SoonerCLF
9/24/2012, 06:13 AM
It wasn't quite as loud as 2008 Texas Tech (in the north EZ, anyway). My ears were ringing the day after that game.

The student section was rockin' though, and they did get the 7 nation army chant going several times which was cool. I hadn't heard that down in Norman, only at Big 10 games and Soccer matches.

85sooners
9/24/2012, 07:23 AM
No

budbarrybob
9/24/2012, 08:11 AM
It was the loudest I've heard it since Taco Tech and the Jump Around Night.

The loudest I've ever heard it there....

OU vs Nebbishka 2000

This

BigJerm7
9/24/2012, 08:17 AM
I went to the game. I thought it was plenty loud. It's hard to stay in a game as a crowd when you watch your team imploding. The crowd was still in the game on the last 3rd and 11 with 2 min left. The crowd wasn't the issue.

cleller
9/24/2012, 08:25 AM
Surprising. Watching it on TV didn't sound so loud. I would flip over and check the Clemson/FSU game some, and it sounded much louder there. Must be the difference in networks and crews.
At Clemson/FSU they did a good job of getting shots of the field while also capturing the crowd going nuts in the background. Really looked like the stadium was in a frenzy.

GameWarden
9/24/2012, 08:36 AM
I think it was Lehman who made a remark that people were leaving in the 4th qtr., on the Sooner Broadcast. He didn't say whether it was a lot or a little just 'people' so maybe it was two, three???

PrideMom
9/24/2012, 08:55 AM
The majority of us stayed to the very end of the game. We were hoping to get the ball back, since OU had scored within two minutes and there were 4 minutes left in the game. If the DEFENSE went three and out (but they had not done that all night long), the offense had a chance to still win the game. I thought the crowd was good, but not as frantic as the 2000 OU/Nebraska game, but then the team did not help the crowd because of all of the poor play.

People were wanting Mike Stoops back...be careful what you wish for........

mojorisen2014
9/24/2012, 09:00 AM
Defense wasnt the problem

PrideMom
9/24/2012, 09:16 AM
I know the offense had many problems, but the defense must get the other team off the field. K State controlled the the clock. Yes, the defense would finally keep them from scoring, but OU would get poor field position. Too many starts on the 9 yard line, etc. OU won the national championship with the score of 13-2.

OU has not had an interception or a fumble recovery, and the DEFENSE has to be more physical......

ouleaf
9/24/2012, 09:28 AM
I don't have a much of a problem with Gus Johnson on play-by-play. Let's be honest, most national/regional play-by-play guys are not going to have in depth knowledge of the teams they are covering. Where I do think Gus is great is that he is just kind of like most people, he gets excited when its a close game or a big play happens. IMO it makes for some great calls when play by play guys show some emotion.