PDA

View Full Version : #16 in the AP Poll

PalmettoSooner
9/23/2012, 03:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1

Seems about right to me....at this point in time we are not a top 5, top 10, or top 15 team. We have the talent but not the play.

badger
9/23/2012, 03:20 PM
A gift of a spot, like replacement nfl refs would give :)

Kudos to wild kitty. They have earned top ten ranking more than we have this season so far

badger
9/23/2012, 03:21 PM
A gift of a spot, like replacement nfl refs would give :)

Kudos to wild kitty. They have earned top ten ranking more than we have this season so far

BigTip
9/23/2012, 08:34 PM
Does anybody really believe we will be ranked by the end of the season?

JLEW1818
9/23/2012, 08:40 PM

Being a 4 loss team. Prob so.

soonerdo
9/24/2012, 09:50 AM
16th is where they should have started the season at

BigTip
9/24/2012, 10:04 AM
Being a 4 loss team. Prob so.

I can hear the chant now:

WE'RE #23! WE'RE #23! WE'RE #23!

tycat947
9/24/2012, 10:27 AM

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I don't think we win a remaining road game this year and we still have Texas at Dallas and ND and Osucks at home. I just don't see a miracle fix anywhere in the lineup.

BoulderSooner79
9/24/2012, 10:57 AM
Unfortunately, I have to agree. I don't think we win a remaining road game this year and we still have Texas at Dallas and ND and Osucks at home. I just don't see a miracle fix anywhere in the lineup.

Pitt looked so bad in their first 2 games, I thought they might go 0-12. Then they beat Va tech and Tulane handily in the next 2. I'd like to know what magic potion they drank in the meantime.

Maybe our team (and especially LJ) has been trying too hard and playing tight trying to live up to the elite expectations while not being an elite team? I never thought this squad would end up in the title game, but I did expect them to contend for a very competitive big12 race. Maybe they will relax now and play up to the level they are capable. One thing I did take away from this last game is that they had the ability to win and should have won. That wasn't clear after the UTEP game.

Soonerjeepman
9/24/2012, 11:22 AM
I thought #4 was right BEFORE the injuries and suspensions....then came the 2 first games...thought #15ish..now after the WEEK OFF to prepare and what was shown, with rest of the schedule...lucky to be in top 25. We'll see, PRAY I'm wrong.

tycat947
9/24/2012, 11:36 AM
Pitt looked so bad in their first 2 games, I thought they might go 0-12. Then they beat Va tech and Tulane handily in the next 2. I'd like to know what magic potion they drank in the meantime.

Maybe our team (and especially LJ) has been trying too hard and playing tight trying to live up to the elite expectations while not being an elite team? I never thought this squad would end up in the title game, but I did expect them to contend for a very competitive big12 race. Maybe they will relax now and play up to the level they are capable. One thing I did take away from this last game is that they had the ability to win and should have won. That wasn't clear after the UTEP game.

I hope you're right! But we are the hunted, unlike Pitt and CU and don't get anyone's 'down' day. We'll be Texas' biggest game, same with osucks, WVU, the same, Iowa State, TCU and maybe ND's. Both lines of scrimmages are going to really have pick it up and I'm just not seeing it. Hope I'm wrong!