PDA

View Full Version : First conference game of the season

MamaMia
9/23/2012, 02:17 PM
and we lose...at home.

I'm numb. Most of you know that after a loss, I usually have these ongoing meltdowns that last until late on Tuesdays, but I honestly just don't have anything to say. I have no emotion. Landry actually said last night after the game that "losing a game makes it tougher to win a national championship." Thats proof to me that he just doesn't have a clue. Losing a game, one game, any game... can and will most likely cost you the national championship. There is no wiggle room in this day and age, but our own team leader didn't realize that. Thats when the emotion drained from my body.

I have now grown to expect this type of thing out of these teams lately. Its the new OU football. This is what we are and this is not going to change for a long time. We are not a program that makes drastic changes these days. Personal loyalties stand in the way of successful change. The team does not readjust. Thats the fans job, and it has been for years now. So I figure I may as well be thankful that we don't suck as bad as most teams and be happy about that. ...and if any of you think that any changes are going to be made you're dead wrong. Nothing is going to change other than the fact that next year NOBODY will pick us to win a national championship, for fear of being laughed at. We will lose at least 3 games this year. No sense in having a heart attack over it. Do yourselves and your hearts a favor and just think of it as an annual fun filled roller coaster ride.

cherokeebrewer
9/23/2012, 02:23 PM
I'm depressed...

ELP Sooner
9/23/2012, 02:30 PM
I slept great last night...I guess depression does that?

cherokeebrewer
9/23/2012, 02:35 PM
I slept great last night...I guess depression does that?

Beer, not depression, does that...'bout the time I would doze off, my wife screamed somethin' in her sleep & woke me up...

tator
9/24/2012, 04:43 PM
Jesus Christ, it's just football.