PDA

View Full Version : Timeouts (mis)Management

soonercastor
9/23/2012, 11:18 AM
Seems to be a recurring trend. What's up with that?

EatLeadCommie
9/23/2012, 11:19 AM
The only one that really bothered me was on the 2 point conversion. Inexcusable.

jk the sooner fan
9/23/2012, 11:19 AM
i think this is what happens with the up tempo offense

no facts to back that up - just my impression

BoulderSooner79
9/23/2012, 12:03 PM
The only one that really bothered me was on the 2 point conversion. Inexcusable.

I agree with you on that. The first half times out were all on defense as I recall when there was some confusion. I expected this with a new DC and it's better to be safe than sorry and 1st half time outs are not usually that critical. But when a game is close in the 2nd half, time outs are like gold and must be hoarded. A 2 point conversion is about a 50/50 prospect so just get up there and run the play. Once we called a TO, I was all but betting the conversion would fail just because the football gods were angry over the stupid TO.

But the saddest part was that once we couldn't get a stop on 3 and 11 with the game on the line, we could had all our time outs in reserve and it wouldn't have mattered. The D was gassed and K-state would have just kept getting 1st downs until the TOs and clock were all gone.

Jack T.
9/23/2012, 12:39 PM
timeouts to avoid a delay-of-game penalty really burn me up. get the ding-dang play in and stop this "look at the sidelines, then hurry to let everybody know what's going on and snap the ball with 25 milliseconds left on the clock" nonsense.

BoulderSooner79
9/23/2012, 12:43 PM
timeouts to avoid a delay-of-game penalty really burn me up. get the ding-dang play in and stop this "look at the sidelines, then hurry to let everybody know what's going on and snap the ball with 25 milliseconds left on the clock" nonsense.

I don't disagree in general, but most the timeouts were called by the D last night (2 pt play excluded).