PDA

View Full Version : If Bell started from here, how many games would we win?

possumfat
9/23/2012, 09:29 AM
I'm going to say as many or more than if Landry continues to be the starter. The leadership and toughness of Bell would be such a nice change even if we lose the game as a starter. I'm so ready for the Jones era to be completed....................he had his chance.

From wha I recall Bell was mainly recruited based on his passing ability......................SHOW ME! I'm not from Missouri either.

cherokeebrewer
9/23/2012, 09:47 AM
This is what you call a moot question...

trwxxa
9/23/2012, 10:04 AM
With as little as Bell has played, it would all be speculative.

SoonerMarkVA
9/23/2012, 11:02 AM
I'm going to say as many or more than if Landry continues to be the starter. The leadership and toughness of Bell would be such a nice change even if we lose the game as a starter. I'm so ready for the Jones era to be completed....................he had his chance.

From wha I recall Bell was mainly recruited based on his passing ability......................SHOW ME! I'm not from Missouri either.

You recall wrong. He was exceedingly unpolished, particularly in his passing. He was taken because his upside was out of this world and they were hoping they could teach him to pass.

SoonerofAlabama
9/23/2012, 11:10 AM
First time starter, less than with Jones in as starter.

EatLeadCommie
9/23/2012, 11:21 AM
With the way Landry likes to dance around in the pocket, an injury may force Bell into action. He got to pass a bit against FAMU and looked raw but had a rocket for an arm. He had one pass to Shepard that looked like a Dr. Evil laser.

landrun
9/23/2012, 11:48 AM

Leadership? What leadership? That fact that he gets all excited after a 1 yard touchdown run up the middle isn't leadership.

This guy just dropped the ball at the one, untouched, and everyone wants to talk about LJ's fumble after he was hit from behind while scrambling during a play.
I can take LJ's fumble, Bells is totally unacceptable and you want to declare this guy a leader? Based on what?

Oh... and have you seen him throw? LJ's arm is much stronger and the only meaningful pass Bell has thrown since he's been at OU was an INT.

I'm not trying to bash Bell. I expect him to be our qb next year. But to say he is a 'leader' because he's more outwardly emotional than LJ is nonsense.

Curly Bill
9/23/2012, 11:51 AM
I think the record would be the same with either LJ or Bell starting. Bell is unpolished and inexperienced, LJ is a giant spaz. That being said I'd rather have the inexperienced guy.

SoonerMarkVA
9/23/2012, 11:59 AM
I think the record would be the same with either LJ or Bell starting. Bell is unpolished and inexperienced, LJ is a giant spaz. That being said I'd rather have the inexperienced guy.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I'm leaning toward using this year to build for the future. At the very least, get Bell some serious playing time when the game is on the line, and not just as the Belldozer. Let him take his lumps when we are already pretty sure the season isn't going to be for championships.

SoonerorLater
9/23/2012, 12:03 PM
Leadership? What leadership? That fact that he gets all excited after a 1 yard touchdown run up the middle isn't leadership.

This guy just dropped the ball at the one, untouched, and everyone wants to talk about LJ's fumble after he was hit from behind while scrambling during a play.
I can take LJ's fumble, Bells is totally unacceptable and you want to declare this guy a leader? Based on what?

Oh... and have you seen him throw? LJ's arm is much stronger and the only meaningful pass Bell has thrown since he's been at OU was an INT.

I'm not trying to bash Bell. I expect him to be our qb next year. But to say he is a 'leader' because he's more outwardly emotional than LJ is nonsense.

Then the sooner he gets out there and becomes a leader the better off we will be. This team as it is is not going anywhere this year. It might as well be a learning process for the future. Landry Jones is not ever going to be anything different than what we see. As a 5th year senior if he hasn't got it by now he won't. We watched it last night. For all the bad PR the OL has received Landry Jones wasn't under heavy duress for the most part last night. He just got average O line play. You can see the results. Given enough time Jones can throw some rockets and pile up the stats but what he is not, is a QB that can put the team on his shoulders when the chips are down and come up with the big play.

It's not just Landry Jones either. If we run the same offense as we do now we will waste a couple of years on Blake Bell too. I can also say I think the chances of anything like this happening are just about zero. Stoops is one of the most stubborn coaches that there is.

SoonerLB
9/23/2012, 12:20 PM
No doubt Stoops is stubborn, almost to a flaw. Bell was a pretty fair HS passer, he just has not had much of a chance to play other than this Belldozer package, and we all know things get tougher around the goal line. Bell's greatest advantage is that he is not afraid to run the ball or take a hit, neither of which Landry has any will to do.
But no matter who is back there, something has to be done about the offense we run, the players need to be focused on the field, not staring at the sideline!

GreenSooner
9/23/2012, 12:38 PM

This.

The single least excusable and most devastating play last night was Bell's fumble. He's had virtually no in-game experience outside the Bell Dozer. I can't believe people see him as the answer.

Curly Bill
9/23/2012, 12:57 PM
This.

The single least excusable and most devastating play last night was Bell's fumble. He's had virtually no in-game experience outside the Bell Dozer. I can't believe people see him as the answer.

Do you see Landry Jones as the answer?

GreenSooner
9/23/2012, 12:59 PM
Do you see Landry Jones as the answer?

Clearly not. But he's not the only problem on this team, by a long shot. And last night, Bell, who took many fewer snaps, arguably did more damage than Jones did.

Pricetag
9/23/2012, 01:06 PM
This.

IMO, the two of them made two different kinds of mistakes last night. Landry's mistakes where "scared ****less" type of mistakes, and Bell's mistake was a "too eager" mistake. Given the psychological/emotional makeup of this team, we need the second kind.

If Landry can't start playing like a fifth-year senior, he isn't doing anyone any good. He's hurting his draft status, and he's delaying the development of the next quarterback at OU. I'd much rather see Landry step up, but I'm running out of optimism there.

pappy
9/23/2012, 02:34 PM
Would someone please teach Landry Jones how to step up in the pocket instead of trying to run backwards? I very much doubt there is anyone on the roster currently that at this stage in their development can pass the ball as well as Landry can, but I'm also sure they can stare down receivers and over throw them and then run for their lives as much as Landry can. I can handle a freshman or sophomore making those mistakes but a 5th year senior making freshman mistakes is unacceptable. I'm also not calling for Bell cause I don't think he is ready either. I just think Landry Jones is like Tony Romo, they both put up good #'s but neither of them are winners.

I'm usually one of the guys that jumps all over the coaches after a loss. Last night was on the offensive players mistakes. rephrase, last night was on the 2 QB's mistakes. Do I think Josh is ready to be OC? Nope. Do I think Bob Stoops has lost his edge and accepts losing and only trying to win the big 12 every year? Yep. Am I happy with a team with the prestige that OU has only competing for conference titles and thinking that's acceptable year in and year out? Nope. I think Bob's just an okay coach that had a great start to his career, but has fallen off.

TXBOOMER
9/23/2012, 02:36 PM
Probably lose 2 more than if he didn't but it would give him game experience for next year. Bring it on.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/23/2012, 02:38 PM
On Bell's mistake, he prevented a Sooner score. On Landry's mistake, he gave KSU score. One is actually worse than the other and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know which is worse. One thing Blake Bell is not is gutless unlike Landry and offenses respond better to those types of QBs. This team has a better chance with the unknowns of Blake Bell than they do with the four year known of Landry Jones. And let's face it, Landry Jones without Broyles is a terrible QB while he was a very good QB with Broyles. The problem is, despite that, the receivers aren't the problem.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/23/2012, 02:57 PM
On Bell's mistake, he prevented a Sooner score. On Landry's mistake, he gave KSU score. One is actually worse than the other and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know which is worse. One thing Blake Bell is not is gutless unlike Landry and offenses respond better to those types of QBs. This team has a better chance with the unknowns of Blake Bell than they do with the four year known of Landry Jones. And let's face it, Landry Jones without Broyles is a terrible QB while he was a very good QB with Broyles. The problem is, despite that, the receivers aren't the problem.

So a -10 momentum turnaround is worse than a -7 momentum turnaround? Remember that Bell's flub came the series after Landry's flub. Landry made up for his (for perhaps the 1st time in his entire career).

I think if Bell is your QB you are probably -2 or -3 wins over Landry as your QB. I just don't think our D is going to be in any kind of shape to stop anyone at the end of the year with all of the injuries piling up. Landry gives you the chance to score 40 points, Bell will take so much time off the clock that he is only going to be worth 28 a game.

picasso
9/23/2012, 03:21 PM
Landry got sacked and fumbled. Blake's miscue was much much worse.
Now, Landry missing Moose on the for drive for a TD was what really hurt. Both plays cost us 11 points.

picasso
9/23/2012, 03:22 PM
Landry got sacked and fumbled. Blake's miscue was much much worse.
Now, Landry missing Moose on the for drive for a TD was what really hurt. Both plays cost us 11 points.

SoonerorLater
9/23/2012, 03:37 PM
So a -10 momentum turnaround is worse than a -7 momentum turnaround? Remember that Bell's flub came the series after Landry's flub. Landry made up for his (for perhaps the 1st time in his entire career).

I think if Bell is your QB you are probably -2 or -3 wins over Landry as your QB. I just don't think our D is going to be in any kind of shape to stop anyone at the end of the year with all of the injuries piling up. Landry gives you the chance to score 40 points, Bell will take so much time off the clock that he is only going to be worth 28 a game.

I think if Bell is your QB you are probably -2 or -3 wins over Landry as your QB. I just don't think our D is going to be in any kind of shape to stop anyone at the end of the year with all of the injuries piling up. Landry gives you the chance to score 40 points, Bell will take so much time off the clock that he is only going to be worth 28 a game.[/QUOTE]

Here is my thinking on it. As a stand alone solution replacing Jones with Bell will not result in more wins for OU. However replacing Jones with Bell and a different offensive philosophy would. At a minimum we would not be worse off and Bell has a year to improve his skills. If we keep doing what we are doing we will have a mediocre year with a minor bowl. Being a good coach means putting your best players in the best possible position to succeed as a team. Blake Bell in a two back set looks like a better solution than what we are going with now. Hell even the OL has looked pretty decent run blocking so far. Here is the thing. Blake Bell is a better football player than Landry Jones. Landry Jones is a better passer.

We need to change now. The idea that we start next year in basically the same offense with Blake Bell as QB as we did with Sam Bradford is just ridiculous.

cccasooner2
9/23/2012, 03:48 PM
This thread is undoubtedly......

:obama icon:

Who removed Gary?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/23/2012, 04:00 PM
If the starting qb doesn't seem ready and on the same page with the OC, why would the backup be any better?

SoonerorLater
9/23/2012, 04:14 PM
If the starting qb doesn't seem ready and on the same page with the OC, why would the backup be any better?

Because the OC needs to get on a different page.

OU_Sooners75
9/23/2012, 04:14 PM
You recall wrong. He was exceedingly unpolished, particularly in his passing. He was taken because his upside was out of this world and they were hoping they could teach him to pass.

Huh...wrong!

They recruited him because he was one of the top 11 passers in his class. He attended the Nike 11 QB camp. And he looked like the best in that camp.

When he was in HS. I got to see him play first hand vs. McPherson, KS in the playoffs.

He was a very good passer and a heck of a runner. A lot like Elway was.

OU_Sooners75
9/23/2012, 04:22 PM
Clearly not. But he's not the only problem on this team, by a long shot. And last night, Bell, who took many fewer snaps, arguably did more damage than Jones did.

Some of the **** I read.

Bell's fumble, although damning, resulted in 3 points for KSU. Both the turnovers for Jones resulted in 14 points. The first was a sack/fumble, when he flushed the pocket unnecessarily and put KSU on the board.

I would say Jones' mishaps hurt OU more so than Bell.

radio
9/23/2012, 05:21 PM
What you bunch of whiney *** spoiled fans dont realize. Is the mutiny that happened last year is still in the process of recovery.

IMO Broyles was the leader of this team. He held it together. When he went down and the team ran into the scoring issues. The team divided. And I bet sounded like all of these little bitches on this board.

8timechamps
9/23/2012, 05:30 PM
What you bunch of whiney *** spoiled fans dont realize. Is the mutiny that happened last year is still in the process of recovery.

IMO Broyles was the leader of this team. He held it together. When he went down and the team ran into the scoring issues. The team divided. And I bet sounded like all of these little bitches on this board.

I would believe this over anything else I've seen written here. I know the split that occurred last year was much worse than the masses know about. You don't recover from that in 6 months.

radio
9/23/2012, 05:32 PM
Our egos got us beat. and stoops has a tough row to hoe.

Look at Snyders team. TEAM, DISCIPLINE and EXECUTION. He does not let players draw attention to themselves. SEE Hubert with his hair "up" (in a hairnet above the neckline) DISCIPLINE not **** like here

radio
9/23/2012, 05:33 PM
8time thanks for the sanity

SoonerorLater
9/23/2012, 05:42 PM
I would believe this over anything else I've seen written here. I know the split that occurred last year was much worse than the masses know about. You don't recover from that in 6 months.

Yep but as the head coach you just can't allow that to happen. A perfect example of Bob Stoops hands-off delegation to subordinates approach. For Stoops there are no excuses. He's the HC. Think about what has been written in this thread. Broyles the team leader goes down, rifts follow. If Broyles was what held this team together what does that say about Stoops?

It's time for people to wake up and realize there is a fundamental problem with OU Football. We walked on the field with superior talent last night and walked off with a loss. If not coaching then why?

BoulderSooner79
9/23/2012, 06:34 PM
Some of the **** I read.

Bell's fumble, although damning, resulted in 3 points for KSU. Both the turnovers for Jones resulted in 14 points. The first was a sack/fumble, when he flushed the pocket unnecessarily and put KSU on the board.

I would say Jones' mishaps hurt OU more so than Bell.

Bell's fumble didn't hurt because of the 3 points KSU eventually scored. It hurt because of the very likely 7 and almost certain 3 that we DIDN'T score. In fact, I wish they would change the stat of "points off turnovers" to be more realistic. Bell's fumble gave KSU the ball at their own 5 and I don't think counting the 3 points they got as coming off the turnover. They had to start with 20 yards worse field position than had we scored and kicked off to them. They had to drive a long way for that 3.

All the turnovers hurt, but if you want to rank them, I'd say LJ's pick was the worse because of when it happened and the situation. The game was still very much in question, but time was running out to make up for any mistakes. That was a killer.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/23/2012, 07:06 PM
We need to change now. The idea that we start next year in basically the same offense with Blake Bell as QB as we did with Sam Bradford is just ridiculous.

John Blake, is that you?

"Coach, why do we have to do this a 1,000 times? Because 999 isn't enough" - Barry Switzer

SoonerorLater
9/23/2012, 07:17 PM
John Blake, is that you?

"Coach, why do we have to do this a 1,000 times? Because 999 isn't enough" - Barry Switzer

You do know that there is a difference between being intractable and being indecisive right? Seriously it seems common sense that an offense that was basically built around Sam Bradford may not be suitable for Blake Bell.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/23/2012, 09:31 PM

It would be a weak poorly supported argument. Bell's miscue could have been minimized had a well-rested defense following the long drive done their job and gotten KSU off the field and allowed us to start over.

Jones had two turnovers in OU territory, one that resulted in an immediate score. He had two other in-the-hands-of-the-defender passes that killed drives.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/23/2012, 09:33 PM
But GreenSooner, I completely agree that Jones is not this teams only problem by a long shot. (Just think Jones's miscues far out-weighed Bell's.)

nighttrain12
9/23/2012, 09:59 PM
But GreenSooner, I completely agree that Jones is not this teams only problem by a long shot. (Just think Jones's miscues far out-weighed Bell's.)

That's because Jones took many many more snaps than Bell did.

8timechamps
9/23/2012, 10:02 PM
Yep but as the head coach you just can't allow that to happen. A perfect example of Bob Stoops hands-off delegation to subordinates approach. For Stoops there are no excuses. He's the HC. Think about what has been written in this thread. Broyles the team leader goes down, rifts follow. If Broyles was what held this team together what does that say about Stoops?

It's time for people to wake up and realize there is a fundamental problem with OU Football. We walked on the field with superior talent last night and walked off with a loss. If not coaching then why?

I'm sorry, I'm just not buying that there is a "fundamental problem" with OU football. Last night, I watched a team that should have won, but lost. And, it came down to turnovers. Until the head coach (apply this to any team that loses the turnover battle, and loses the game) or assistants are on the field and turn the ball over, I can't put that on them. If we had lost by 20 or 30 points, you may have a point. We lost by 4, with all the turnovers. It's not a "fundamental problem". It's players doing what they are supposed to do.

OU_Sooners75
9/23/2012, 10:17 PM
Can we stop trying to lay blame on one or two players?

I posts aren't saying Jones caused the loss. But it was saying that his mistakes outweighed Bells.

And both didn't help any.

That said, last night OU had a chance to win. They fumbled it away (no pun intended). And the reason they lost was more than just players.

Early in the game the run game was working. And so we abandon it. Coaching decision.

Our defense didn't get any pressure because we were too worried about Optimu Klein beating us with his arm. So we dropped back into a bend but don't break defense.

We lack depth for close tough games. That is a recruiting issue. And there are no signs the largest area of concern (both lines) are going to be hit hard in recruiting this next signing class. Coaching

Turnover and untimely penalties. Players.
Not wrapping up on tackles. Players.
Poor play selection and poor game management. Coaches.

The loss, as always is the teams fault. Not a player or two. Not just the coaches.

OU_Sooners75
9/23/2012, 10:20 PM
Actually I'm going to blame Obama....lol.

I kid! I kid!

8timechamps
9/23/2012, 10:21 PM
Turnover and untimely penalties. Players.
Not wrapping up on tackles. Players.
Poor play selection and poor game management. Coaches.

The loss, as always is the teams fault. Not a player or two. Not just the coaches.

That's really all there is to it. The bottom line is the players AND the coaches combined for a loss. We'll see how they respond in what looks to be a tough road game.

goingoneight
9/23/2012, 10:39 PM
This is just not a good OU team and the newbs are on board to rant and rave because they expected a National Championship and nothing less. Good for you. You're awful realistic. This program is going through a transitional phase that will take more than just a couple of Conference USA and Sun Belt patsies to smooth out. You're in the first significant game of the season and you expect your new defensive coordinator to pitch a shut down effort every single time. Well, guess what... that's not going to happen when you spot the opposition three turnovers.

The only thing I would be "concerned" with is the fact that OU's offense has taken a serious dive and it's going to require a total rebuild to get better from what we've seen so far. This offense is just as discombobulated as it was in early 2005 and Landry's experience is the only difference. Receivers are not consistently making plays, offensive line is not consistently making plays and we're mad because Landry isn't lighting it up the same way he was when he had DeMarco Murray, Ryan Broyles, James Hanna, Donald Stephenson and a slew of others out there making plays.

For those knocking Landry: look at Matt Barkley against Stanford and Tyler Wilson against ULM. There's only so much you can do if the guys around you aren't doing their job. Throwing in everybody's favorite QB off the bench won't fix that. See: Rhett Bomar in for Paul Thompson versus TCU, UCLA and Tulsa.

We're just going to have to sit, watch how it all plays out and take the insults from the brainless aggies and whorns until Stoops rights the ship. He's done it three times now (1999, 2005 and 2009). I'm pretty sure he can do it again. You want to fire everybody because one or two things don't go so well? How well did that work out for OU when they got rid of Switzer? How well did it work out for Jerry Jones when he got rid of him?

StoopTroup
9/24/2012, 12:44 AM
Everyone that thinks it's just Landry Jones Fault has their head buried up their *** so deep they can't see.

I was sitting on row 1 of the goal line on the play he fumbled. KSU had guys at the Right side of our O-Line and Landry even pointed out that they needed to pick them up. It was obvious that if he didn't get a ball off and lock onto his 1st WR that he was going to need to move if the pocket fell apart. It fell apart fast and he kept on trying to make the play. He couldn't go left and heading into the EZ wasn't a great option so he moved to the right trying to buy more time. Should he have dumped it and just thrown out of bounds? Well yeah.....but he's also trying to have faith in his Team that they will keep the Defense Off him and the WR's will get open.

It's easy to say that he's a 5th year Senior and should know better or that he sucks or that Bell would have just run it and made a 5-10 gain. Thing is Landry is no worse than he was last year and if anything....I think he's a bit better considering that just like folks said earlier in the Season...."Our O-Line has issues" and he had Broyles last year. We all wish Kenny Stills was as good as Broyles but he's not. The stable of WRs has again been shuffled around and even though at times we look incredible....when you lose at Home many fans are always looking to hang it on someone. Now that Mike is back, Wilson is gone, Venables is gone we now even have some folks asking how long before we'll give Bob the boot? He hasn't won a MNC since 2000. How long are we going to put up with this mediocre Football?

The answer to that ought to be.....

Quit acting like Nebraska Fans and realize that we have one of the best damn Coaches in Div 1A Football and quit trying to fire a Coach every time you miss winning the Big XII Championship by one game. We have won it more than any Team in our Conference and have been to more MNCs than many of them combined.....maybe all of them combined now that Nebraska is gone.

Yeah it sucked losing to KSU but we all know that Snyder is a decent Coach and that he hadn't beaten us in a long time. They thought they were going to kill us last year and with Broyles healthy....they got the crap beat out of them on their own field. Last night they beat us at Home. They are supposed to give us a good game. We got into a good game last night with them. They didn't blow us out. We made a bunch of turnovers. Those turnovers cost us the game. That's Football. It doesn't mean we blow. IMO we are a better team with more talent than KSU. Last night....they put more points on the board but there were moments that even when it was 24-13 and some Sooners were walking out and ready to call it a night.....the Stadium still had 70,000 Fans that stuck around until KSU had the ball the final series and ran the time out.

Smart Fans know that our Defense could have held KSU in the 4th quarter just like they did all of the other 3 quarters last night and given Landry and the offense a shot at taking the ball downfield in 3 minutes on their Defense just like we did on our last Offensive possession of the game last night.

Lots of folks look at the negatives. Some that say it was a close game will probably get the Sunshine Pumper thrown their way. It doesn't matter. We are going to kick Taco Techs *** on the 6th and then we will be ready IMO for mack daddy and his bunch.

I listened to the Sports Animal as I drove Home last night. Some folks on this site can't hold a candle to the nimrods that call in to talk to those two nimrods. They deserve each other. To those who call in and get Al and his token aggie pig upset and ranting about how "WTF? Do these people just sit around their TV telling their kids to "Watch this" Son...."I'm gonna call into WWLS and really **** them off"" The answer is yes. Keep up the good work those of you who do it. They deserve every bit of it. They are as bad as the food Al's Restaurant spit out to Sooners on Campus Corner and the quicker WWLS realizes that the only reason anyone stands there and watches those two idiots in the little booth every Home Game is that they can't believe you actually pay them to do it and that we can't actually believe they think they have the balls to show up and keep doing it. All we are doing is waiting around for the day one or both of them go "Helander", Either "On Air" or while they are stuffed in the booth and the crowd decides to throw cups of **** at them...That they finally realize that very few are there to listen to what they actually have to say. We are just waiting, hoping that one day....we will be able to see Traber get tarred and feathered, dumped in the back of a pickup and dropped off back in Stoolwater where he belongs. Al can go with him and maybe someone will put them "On Air" up there covering poke games for eternity (Please Boone....you know you want them....just do what's right for once in your life and buy some guys that truly have that good ole aggie spirit) :D

BigJerm7
9/24/2012, 08:26 AM

Agreed. Landry's arm is so strong he tears holes in the grass when he throws and sails it over the recievers' heads. Colin Klein did a lot of damage with his feet, so could Bell.

KABOOKIE
9/24/2012, 10:24 AM
Get Bell in there. Bell will be the starter next year when LJ is flipping burgers.

SoonerLB
9/24/2012, 10:52 AM
Get Bell in there. Bell will be the starter next year when LJ is flipping burgers.

Oh lardy, lardy, dem folks under the revival tent is gonna get plumb delerious with joy when they hear the new preacher can cook too! :D

StoopTroup
9/24/2012, 11:41 AM
Landry can always move back to New Mexico where he is a God amongst Men and Sell autographed Hatch Peppers for the rest of his life but by Season's End....I'll bet he goes first round in the Draft if our line doesn't get him killed. As it is right now....I think his weight loss along with putting on muscle has made him quicker and much more agile than he was. I expect him to get drafted and get a check and an agent and probably before it's all over....he'll be able to retire and play golf just on what his Wife brings in every year. So many folks forget he's married. Yeah he'll be peeling onions but for charity events for The Brain Dead who think he owes them a National Championship.

if we had someone better at QB they would be playing.

KABOOKIE
9/24/2012, 11:52 AM
All joking aside, to answer the OP's question "If Bell started from here, how many games would we win?" I would go with maybe 15-20 games. The kid is just that good.

Soonerjeepman
9/24/2012, 02:06 PM
honestly, maybe 1 or 2 less due to experience but then again maybe not due to different strengths...who knows. I would like to see more from him just because he'll be the guy next yr (maybe).

stoopified
9/24/2012, 05:31 PM
pointless thread

I Am Right
9/24/2012, 05:37 PM
Landry should have had 3 interceptions, and 6 for 3 three games, however if Bell had started we would have beaten Kstate.

soonerscottd
9/24/2012, 06:52 PM
I don't post often but I can't stay silent on this one. The problem (that I see) isn't so much Landry Jones as it is the OC. If Heupel would stop expecting so much out of Landry Jones OU would have saturday. We all know that Landry Jones can't take the pressure. The pressure wasn't too bad against KState but Heupel had him take nearly, if not all, snaps from shotgun. I believe that if OU would start running the ball, a lot, OU could turn this thing around and win out. OU has some great backs and can run, why don't they? I really don't think Heupel knows how to be an OC, put him back as QB coach and get a new OC. The other problem, Stoops doesn't have this team hungry, KState looked hungry they really wanted that game. Certainly OU wants to win, but they don't look like they want it as bad as the opposition. Stoops needs to get this team going, I thought Mike would have helped with that but thus far he hasn't helped. If Stoops can get this team hyped up and they start running the ball more instead of depending on the pass I see good things. If not I tend to agree with those that think OU will lose 6 this year.

goingoneight
9/24/2012, 07:03 PM
I'm pretty sure that even Tom Brady looks bad when the entire team around him is only 50% sure of what they're doing each play. Landry is not completely without fault... but even Sam would struggle to light it up if guys are this disoriented around him. Case in point: look at the first half of the BYU game.