PDA

View Full Version : We lost for a simple reasons , Landry Jones , and we need to blame Stoops

basel90
9/23/2012, 09:05 AM
Anyone who watched our QB play with Landry Jones knows the system is set up to give any QB great yardage and stats. What we suspected all along as OU fans is true. Our QB is weak under pressure and is inconsistant . I cannot believe some of the decisions he made tonight and in previous games last year . He simply can make plays when the momentum in with us and the opponent is overwhelmed , not in close games. He does not have IT...

Our Defense played well. If you look at the stats , KSU who scored 50+ on Miami, only scored around 10 points on OU , the rest were gifts from Landry and a tired and depleted defense in Q4.

What erks me more is Stoops stubbornness. first of all , he got outcoached , again .!!

Second , he has had other alternatives to Landry and yet he kept getting annoyed about any criticism of Landry . It is good to stick with a QB in tought times, but Landry's flaws are obvious and a good coach will bench a QB when needed. Heck , some of the best QBs in have been benched when they have bad games. (Not that i am making any comparison , but Joe Montana was benched in a playoff game and others by Walsh). Why not try our back up QBs??

Another take on Stoops, he does not have great coordinators or recuriters. We have slipped a lot since the early 2000s , yet he keeps brining his cronies.. and there is very little concern any of them will be fired.

We can only blame stoops for average recruiting and being outcoached, many many times during his career given the talent level at OU ( KSU this year, OSU , TT last year, and the list goes on)

Go Sooners..

olevetonahill
9/23/2012, 09:07 AM
Can we have a shatload More threads Blaming Landry?

zeke
9/23/2012, 09:15 AM
I really thought if we could develop some run game that LJ would be really good. I was wrong. We ran better than I thought we would.

I think the game plan was good. Failure lays at the QB, both of them.

BigJerm7
9/23/2012, 09:31 AM
When a RB turns the ball over they get pulled, just saying.

IronHorseSooner
9/23/2012, 09:37 AM
When a RB turns the ball over they get pulled, just saying.

Case and point is last week with the Rams. Stephen Jackson spiked the ball and it cost them points, and you never saw him the rest of the game.

cccasooner2
9/23/2012, 09:50 AM
Case and point is last week with the Rams. Stephen Jackson spiked the ball and it cost them points, and you never saw him the rest of the game.

Yes, those idiot NFL coaches never seem to yank their QBs and cut them from the squad the moment they throw an INT.

basel90
9/23/2012, 09:54 AM
Stoops is ultimately responsible for regression of this team

BoulderSooner79
9/23/2012, 10:00 AM
Can we have a shatload More threads Blaming Landry?

I think we should if that will help. Or maybe we could merge them into 1 big thread using a giant font.

tulsaoilerfan
9/23/2012, 10:27 AM

Supposedly he hurt his hammy but not sure if that was just a cover story

tulsaoilerfan
9/23/2012, 10:28 AM
I think we should if that will help. Or maybe we could merge them into 1 big thread using a giant font.

And sticky them too so they will stay on top lol

GameWarden
9/23/2012, 10:43 AM
I think when a fifth year Sr. plays like Landry did last nite, people are going to be upset. Landry didn't lose the game by himself but he certainly had some glaring failures.
Its like when someone pointed out that a lot of un-knowledgeable fans were criticizing the Sooners play vs. UTEP. Hey - you don't have to know much about football to realize OU played very poorly in that game. And voila, it carried right over into the regular season. All I can say is I'm glad Bob has a thick skin, cause he's gonna hear some ugly things before this season is over.