PDA

View Full Version : Something intangible is missing on this OU team...

Soonerus
9/23/2012, 08:09 AM
They need to find it fast, Sterling Shephard has found it !!

kevpks
9/23/2012, 08:14 AM
It's tangible. It's called turnover margin and we're on the wrong side of it this year.

cherokeebrewer
9/23/2012, 08:18 AM
Sterling Shepard was a bright light in an otherwise dim night...

cleller
9/23/2012, 08:27 AM
Focus, concentration, desire, and most of all a winning game plan.

mikee likee
9/23/2012, 08:49 AM
LEADERSHIP....

EatLeadCommie
9/23/2012, 11:27 AM
^that. The L word.

hawaii 5-0
9/23/2012, 11:32 AM
HUNGER

Torrance Marshall had it.

Teddy had it.

Roy had it.

Derrick had it.

5-0

cleller
9/23/2012, 05:32 PM
Coriander?

jk the sooner fan
9/23/2012, 06:02 PM
swagger? :)

Soonerus
9/23/2012, 06:16 PM
I agree it is a total lack of swagger...

BoulderSooner79
9/23/2012, 06:52 PM
Coriander?

Bingo. And a little paprika wouldn't hurt.

ELP Sooner
9/23/2012, 06:54 PM
What is fun?

oudivesherpa
9/23/2012, 08:42 PM
It's very simple, Cale Gundy was on Houston 1560 last week before the ksu game and made a very telling statement, "we don't have as many elite athletes as we have had in the past" Gundy stated. We used to have 7 or 8 on each side of the ball, now we only have two or thee.

Frankly, we have only done above average, in recruiting the last three or four years. The last statement is my opinion, not Gundy's.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/23/2012, 08:51 PM
Huh. I never thought of ball security and defensive lineman who are able to dominate the line of scrimmage as 'intangible'... but ok.

misplaced_sooner
9/23/2012, 09:15 PM
We have NO dynamic playmakers. I watched Oregon and Zona, Oregon has so many dynamic players. We don't, or we don't have the offensive scheme to utilize them. I've seen very little emotion out of this team in the last 3-4 years. Its sad, Bob won a National Title with a bunch up unappreciated kids and hungry talented coachs, now he has entitled kids and complacent coachs. More losses to come, but we will remain competitive, but not challenge for the NT for a long time to come.

The definition of insanity is to continue doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. Well, they are making the same mistakes and getting the same results. It is time for a change in Norman.

SoonerFanInAustin
9/23/2012, 09:47 PM
Definitely no leadership....we have no one on this team that will jump in someone's *** !!!!

tulsaoilerfan
9/23/2012, 09:57 PM
The intangible missing on this team is talent, pure and simple; on defense we have TJeff, Colvin, and maybe Hurst; RJ has been a bust, Wort seems lost without Lewis telling him what to do, Javon misses more tackles than anyone on the team; on offense we have Shepard, Williams, Stills, and Whaley, at best, and probably not a single lineman that will make All Conference; don't even get me started on the Tight Ends. The one positive is we seem to have finally solved our kicking problems :)

Tear Down This Wall
9/24/2012, 01:09 AM
Here's the intangibles missing:

-An experience WR corp.

Sorry, Metoyer fans, but that guy is way overrated. Cannot block. Runs horrible routes.
Sorry, Justin Brown fans. He's a great #1 receiver...for teams that run first.
Sorry, Kenny Stills fans. He doesn't have what it takes to be the #1 receiver. Opposing defenses don't have to double him the way they did Broyles.

The only receiver I'm impressed with is Shepherd. He seems to want to play. He goes and tries to get the ball.

Sadly, we have a pass first offense, and a ton of new pieces in it. Landry Jones, for all of his errors, is working without a full deck this year. Two surprise OLs quit before the season, and he's got only one WR back from the season before.

Everyone's timing has seemed off since game one.

Landry said after the game that the team needed to "practice better." My guess is, that's his way of nicely saying, "People need to get their asses in gear or this is going to be a long road."

StoopTroup
9/24/2012, 01:17 AM
4th qtr defense?

StoopTroup
9/24/2012, 01:42 AM
Here's the intangibles missing:

-An experience WR corp.

Sorry, Metoyer fans, but that guy is way overrated. Cannot block. Runs horrible routes.
Sorry, Justin Brown fans. He's a great #1 receiver...for teams that run first.
Sprry, Kenny Stills fans. He doesn't have what it takes to be the #1 receiver. Opposing defenses don't have to double him the way they did Broyles.

The only receiver I'm impressed with is Shepherd. He seems to want to play. He goes and tries to get the ball.

Sadly, we have a pass first offense, and a ton of new pieces in it. Landry Jones, for all of his errors, is working without a full deck this year. Two surprise OLs quit before the season, and he's got only one WR back from the season before.

Everyone's timing has seemed off since game one.

Landry said after the game that the team needed to "practice better." My guess is, that's his way off nicely saying, "People need to get their asses in gear or this is going to be a long road."

Run Game.

You can post all you want but it was the run game. We can't decide who we are going to use. When we had Murray....you knew that he was coming right at you every time we snapped the ball and if he didn't.....The Defense was wishing he had because Broyles just put 40 yards on you.

We miss a guy like Ryan and a back like DeMarco. Plain and simple. Landry is still the same QB. He hasn't suddenly become a bad QB. He doesn't have the studs he used to have. Now we are trying to mix it all up and get buy until someone....anyone begins to step up and be a Ryan Broyles or a DeMarco Murray.

To expect to just replace nearly every WR the last two years and expect to have a seasoned bunch of veterans pick up on what a 5th year Senior is trying to accomplish...I imagine Landry is pretty upset with his play as he really seems to be shouldering last night's loss. I'd expect a 5th year Senior to do something like that. I would expect a new guy to say nothing, especially if he doesn't have the timing down or isn't running the routes right. Of course none of us know if it's Landry or the WRs. The one thing I do know is this.....Landry has been here a long time throwing passes and only Stills is our experienced WR. Opposing Defenses don't need to double him when they are worried about Shepard bringing down 7 passes for over 100 yards. In time we may see Kenny get comfortable in his #2 spot and Shepard become our #1. Then you may see the others begin to really gel with Landry. We lost a game to a ranked team early on. It's not the end of the Season. Saying a Freshman is overrated when three other guys are bringing in most of the catches is gibberish IMO. We had 28 catches to KSU's 13 and Metoyer (Who I didn't really expect to be the next Ryan Broyles anyway) had the LONGEST CATCH OF THE NIGHT.