if we have too many losses before this game, we may have packed
it in by the time we play them. Right now, I don't think we win at
TCU.
If we do end the season with 6 or 7 losses, does Stoops still have
a job?

You need some Cool Aid

kevpks
9/23/2012, 08:17 AM
10-2 (loss against West Virginia); The Notre Dame and Texas games makes me extremely nervous because they are so physical. However, if we force turnovers instead of giving them away like candy we'll be fine.

jk the sooner fan
9/23/2012, 08:20 AM
with our D line the way it is - and those running backs that texas has - gonna be a very long day at the cotton bowl...texas, ND, WVU, okie state - all could be losses

cleller
9/23/2012, 08:25 AM
with our D line the way it is - and those running backs that texas has - gonna be a very long day at the cotton bowl...texas, ND, WVU, okie state - all could be losses

This is where I land. I think we'll beat OSU, though. ND and W Va will likely embarrass us further. Texas is 50-50.

deweydw
9/23/2012, 08:31 AM
ND, Texas, WVU are going to be tough. Possible losses if we can keep from turning the ball over. I'm not worried about TCU or Pokes. Pokes lost huge against Arizona. And may get punished by Texas this weekend. Could be good for the meltdown thread.

trwxxa
9/23/2012, 09:16 AM
I only see 3 sure wins remaining and even Iowa St. is not a given.

PhiDeltBeers
9/23/2012, 09:23 AM
4-5 more losses unless we fix Jones and well..... a lot of other stuff.

En_Fuego
9/23/2012, 09:26 AM

Yep.......It's not going to be pretty

BoulderSooner79
9/23/2012, 09:54 AM
Horn fans have to be all giddy with anticipation right now.

StatesEye
9/23/2012, 10:09 AM
If....and this is a IF, they can eliminate turnovers and take pressure of Landry with the running game, then the season ends at 12-1 with many asking and wondering "what could have been?" over this game.

basel90
9/23/2012, 10:09 AM
Tx, Wv, are losses.

JLEW1818
9/23/2012, 10:28 AM
every time under Stoops. The winner of the RRS out rushed the other team.

Texas will run for 200+ yards on us.

jk the sooner fan
9/23/2012, 11:13 AM
If....and this is a IF, they can eliminate turnovers and take pressure of Landry with the running game, then the season ends at 12-1 with many asking and wondering "what could have been?" over this game.

if my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle

EatLeadCommie
9/23/2012, 11:17 AM
God, who knows. With a loss early, Landry may not feel the pressure that he did before and explode the rest of the way. Or he may just suck the rest of the way like he has since Broyles went down.

SoonerorLater
9/23/2012, 11:30 AM
I see OU as about a 7-5 team and I have a feeling I might be too optimistic. The worst thing is that it doesn't have to be that way.

Curly Bill
9/23/2012, 11:44 AM
7-5 when its all said and done.

BoulderSooner79
9/23/2012, 11:54 AM

Bad analogy - it is possible to put nuts on your aunt these days.

BigTip
9/23/2012, 12:22 PM
If....and this is a IF, .

That's a mighty big if there.

SoonerInFortSmith
9/23/2012, 01:04 PM
I'm sorry but all you people who are saying 5 or more losses are complete idiots who are butthurt over last night.

Nothing personal of course.

soonervegas
9/23/2012, 01:50 PM
8-4

West Virgina
Texas

and one other "shocker".......I laugh just typing the word shocker these days. Good news is that we will more than likely lock down Jones 4-0 bowl record.

Okie35
9/23/2012, 02:18 PM
7-5 and the bowl win so 8-5... Landry leaves as he came 4-0 in bowl games but not the ones we wanted.

Losing to Tech, Texas, WVU and OSU. Maybe ND actually

So 7-6.

SoonerorLater
9/23/2012, 02:30 PM
I'm sorry but all you people who are saying 5 or more losses are complete idiots who are butthurt over last night.

Nothing personal of course.

So because we apparently don't hold the same view as you then we must be idiots in your opinion? It has nothing to do with being "butthurt". It was apparent after watching them play UTEP and Fla A&M. We won those two but we were obviously flawed and we don't have a lot teams left on our schedule like FLA A&M and UTEP. At this point I can see us losing to any of the remaining teams on the schedule ex-KU. I don't think we will but every week is going to be a crapshoot. Maybe you can tell us what you have seen in the first 3 games that gives you confidence.

ELP Sooner
9/23/2012, 02:35 PM
I have no idea what to expect. The kids could quit and that wouldnt surprise me at this point. My hope is not about wins and losses at this point. I would like to see OU football become fun again. The program has become too corporate for my taste.

Curly Bill
9/23/2012, 04:27 PM
I have no idea what to expect. The kids could quit and that wouldnt surprise me at this point. My hope is not about wins and losses at this point. I would like to see OU football become fun again. The program has become too corporate for my taste.

Well, we are paying Bob like he's a CEO.

Soonerus
9/23/2012, 04:34 PM

I agree, I think the range of possibilities for this team is still very broad. We need some true leaders to emerge.

Curly Bill
9/23/2012, 04:55 PM
I agree, I think the range of possibilities for this team is still very broad. We need some true leaders to emerge.

The problem is the guy at the QB position is anything but a true leader. Who else in there on offense to do it?

...and on defense does anyone see Wort as a leader? I sure as hell don't, I only see him as a marginal player.

8timechamps
9/23/2012, 05:02 PM
10-2 (loss against West Virginia); The Notre Dame and Texas games makes me extremely nervous because they are so physical. However, if we force turnovers instead of giving them away like candy we'll be fine.

I can see us finishing with only the KSU loss, and I can see us getting beat by WVU in Morgantown. Right now, I'm gonna say we finish 11-2.

Dan Thompson
9/23/2012, 05:03 PM
We lose to ND & WV

JLEW1818
9/23/2012, 08:29 PM

I can see us finishing with only the KSU loss, and I can see us getting beat by WVU in Morgantown. Right now, I'm gonna say we finish 11-2.

If we played Texas on Saturday. The would rush for 240 yards. And sack brain dead 7 times.

oudivesherpa
9/23/2012, 08:34 PM
7 and 5 and my butt is just fine.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/23/2012, 09:02 PM
5-7. Why not? I thought we would win narrowly over KSU like 33-31. But stated when I predict narrow wins we usually lose. I'm bad for the team that way. Yes, this weekend's loss is my fault. Sorry about that.

Anyway, back on topic...

5-7 is absolutely possible. Let's put it this way... does a 2-3 start with us having to go to dusty doomsville and then play a confident Texas team sound unreasonable? I don't think so... and it would only be blind arrogance that would lead one to deny that is a very real possibility.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/23/2012, 09:07 PM
@TTech - L
vs Texas - L
vs Kansas - W
vs ND - L
@ ISU - L
vs Baylor - W
@ WV - L
vs O-State - W
@ TCU - L

8timechamps
9/23/2012, 10:04 PM
If we played Texas on Saturday. The would rush for 240 yards. And sack brain dead 7 times.

If grandma had balls, she'd be grandpa.

Soonerjeepman
9/24/2012, 08:27 AM
So because we apparently don't hold the same view as you then we must be idiots in your opinion? It has nothing to do with being "butthurt". It was apparent after watching them play UTEP and Fla A&M. We won those two but we were obviously flawed and we don't have a lot teams left on our schedule like FLA A&M and UTEP. At this point I can see us losing to any of the remaining teams on the schedule ex-KU. I don't think we will but every week is going to be a crapshoot. Maybe you can tell us what you have seen in the first 3 games that gives you confidence.

no doubt... I was thinking after the first 2 games and BEFORE the ksu game OU could be in for a long season. Then I thought, ok, first game on the road 2 "new" offensive lineman several starters not playing, 2nd OU still kicked the crap out of them...after the ksu game it seems the team still has issues.

Honestly, ND is looking good, horns..TT well it's on the road...okie state puts up points, isu has been tough at home lately, heck even bu puts up some points. ku is the only gimmie in my opinion. Maybe the loss will take "pressure" off the team. Honestly OU could lose 2-6 more games or none. Just not sure with this team.

madillsoonerfan5353
9/24/2012, 09:29 AM
I think this could be the first year that Stoops doesn't make a bowl game. The only sure win I see left is KU. oSu, ISU, and TCU are all toss ups. We can get pressure on the QB, so Tech will light us up again. Saxet will be able to run the ball and beat us deep with play action pass, hey kinda like we use to do. Norte Dame is better than advertised. Baylor will win and we have no chance against WV, I've lost all faith in this coaching staff if you couldn't tell.

Sooner98
9/24/2012, 09:47 AM
@ TTech - loss by 2 TDs
vs Texas - narrow loss
vs Kansas - win by 5 TDs
vs ND - narrow loss
@ ISU - narrow win
vs Baylor - win by 2 TDs
@ WV - blowout loss
vs O-State - win by single digits
@ TCU - win

7-5, with a big victory over Northwestern in the Alamo Bowl, to fininsh at 8-5, after a pre-season ranking of #4. Yay!

SoonerorLater
9/24/2012, 10:19 AM
@ TTech - W
vs Texas - ugly loss
vs Kansas - W
vs ND - L
@ ISU -W ugly
vs Baylor - W
@ WV - L Awful loss
vs O-State - W
@ TCU - L

I don't feel any degree of confidence on any of the games ex- KU. My hope is that somewhere, someway we can find a consistent offense.

madillsoonerfan5353
9/24/2012, 11:27 AM
@ TTech - W
vs Texas - ugly loss
vs Kansas - W
vs ND - L
@ ISU -W ugly
vs Baylor - W
@ WV - L Awful loss
vs O-State - W
@ TCU - L

I don't feel any degree of confidence on any of the games ex- KU. My hope is that somewhere, someway we can find a consistent offense.

This will happen when Josh Heuple is replace or demoted.

KABOOKIE
9/24/2012, 12:18 PM

if Landry had brains, we'd be undefeated. ;)

Sooners78
9/24/2012, 12:35 PM
3 more losses: @ TTU, @WVU, @TCU.