PDA

View Full Version : Pat Forde comments

Indy Sooner
9/23/2012, 12:54 AM
Pretty much spot on...

"How bout K-State going into Norman and beating OU. Bill Snyder could probably beat Bob Stoops if they would've switched sidelines, too."

StatGeek
9/23/2012, 01:00 AM
With the way the game played out it is hard to argue otherwise.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/23/2012, 01:05 AM
Pretty much spot on...

"How bout K-State going into Norman and beating OU. Bill Snyder could probably beat Bob Stoops if they would've switched sidelines, too."

Forde is a massive dooshymcdooshbag and is solidly in the Skip Bayless camp. Where was he last year when Bob could've not only switched sidelines, but gone up into student section and randomly selected co-eds to line up against Snyder?

That mealy-mouthed dirtbag is an OU hater out-and-out and he can suck my anus.

StatGeek
9/23/2012, 01:08 AM
Forde is a massive dooshymcdooshbag and is solidly in the Skip Bayless camp. Where was he last year when Bob could've not only switched sidelines, but gone up into student section and randomly selected co-eds to line up against Snyder?

That mealy-mouthed dirtbag is an OU hater out-and-out and he can suck my anus.

Also hard to argue with.

LiveLaughLove
9/23/2012, 01:17 AM
When you get beat, you get to eat a lot of crow. Hard to say anything about anything people say about this team currently.

I thought we would win tonight, but I had no illusions this year about how overrated this team was from the beginning.

I held a small amount of hope that LJ would mature leaps and bounds and carry the team on his shoulders. Such is not the case it appears.

Too thin on the lines to compete with the very top teams this year.

Still my team rain or shine though. Was exciting to watch Sterling have such a great game.

boomersooner28
9/23/2012, 12:46 PM
I have stopped counting how many times Stoopsy has gotten out-coached the last few years. I don't have enough fingers and toes.

Widescreen
9/23/2012, 12:59 PM
I have stopped counting how many times Stoopsy has gotten out-coached the last few years. I don't have enough fingers and toes.

So does that mean he's not any good or that he's lazy at preparation and on game-day?

soonervegas
9/23/2012, 01:43 PM
Stoops probably spend 3-4 hours per day surfing the net, but to his bosses it looks like he is working....

stoops the eternal pimp
9/23/2012, 04:03 PM
This news is nothing new but details 2 different coaches..

Nick Saban is a micro manager...no one steps on the field or off without his approval..He is notorious for this, but it's why he never seems out of control and look like WTF is going on..

Bob Stoops is known to let his assistants do their job without his interference..He has said position coaches decide who is on the field in situations..

Nothing else to say, but those are the facts.

OUmillenium
9/23/2012, 04:55 PM
When you get beat, you get to eat a lot of crow. Hard to say anything about anything people say about this team currently.

I thought we would win tonight, but I had no illusions this year about how overrated this team was from the beginning.

I agree w all that ^

I held a small amount of hope that LJ would mature leaps and bounds and carry the team on his shoulders. Such is not the case it appears.

Still my team rain or shine though. Was exciting to watch Sterling have such a great game.

I agree with the above

BoulderSooner79
9/23/2012, 05:33 PM
I agree with the above

And I agree with what you agree with.

JLEW1818
9/23/2012, 09:41 PM
This news is nothing new but details 2 different coaches..

Nick Saban is a micro manager...no one steps on the field or off without his approval..He is notorious for this, but it's why he never seems out of control and look like WTF is going on..

Bob Stoops is known to let his assistants do their job without his interference..He has said position coaches decide who is on the field in situations..

Nothing else to say, but those are the facts.

When it's all said and done... I think Saban might be the best ever.

Tear Down This Wall
9/24/2012, 01:17 AM
When it's all said and done... I think Saban might be the best ever.

And, much to the chagrin of many here, Les Miles might be one of the best as well. Hate him because he used to coach Aggy...but, the guy gets it done with whomever is on his roster.

I expect much pissing and moaning again this year when Bama and LSU end up and #1 and #2 again.

prrriiide
9/24/2012, 05:32 AM
And, much to the chagrin of many here, Les Miles might be one of the best as well. Hate him because he used to coach Aggy...but, the guy gets it done with whomever is on his roster.

I expect much pissing and moaning again this year when Bama and LSU end up and #1 and #2 again.

The difference, of course, is that before every game Miles goes in the locker room john and craps out a lucky rabbit's foot. He's the luckiest drooling slackjaw I've ever seen.

Sooner in Tampa
9/24/2012, 05:35 AM
So does that mean he's not any good or that he's lazy at preparation and on game-day?
Who is to say? We may all think he is good because of his record and the things he has done in the past...but really...what has he done in the last 7-8 years??? I know, I know, he has gotten us to some big games and all...but how many of those big games has he won? How many games have we lost because we were "flat"?

I don't know if it's time to replace Bob...I just know that as Sooner fans we should expect more. It has gotten to the point that when we play big games...I expect to lose.

rock on sooner
9/24/2012, 06:47 AM

^^^^^^^^Well said, I agree^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

85sooners
9/24/2012, 07:19 AM
Damn

KantoSooner
9/24/2012, 08:33 AM
Bob started taking decisive action in the off season with players and coaches. I think he needs to keep going now with the tough-love and bench Landry. If Landry folds and pouts, then he wasn't going to ever amount to anything anyway. If he sucks it up, focuses and rewins his position, then, good, he's the guy. In the meantime, Bell gets reps and anyway, we won't win with Landry playing this way, so it's a wash at worst.

GameWarden
9/24/2012, 09:08 AM
Bob started taking decisive action in the off season with players and coaches. I think he needs to keep going now with the tough-love and bench Landry. If Landry folds and pouts, then he wasn't going to ever amount to anything anyway. If he sucks it up, focuses and rewins his position, then, good, he's the guy. In the meantime, Bell gets reps and anyway, we won't win with Landry playing this way, so it's a wash at worst.

If Landry has another game like the one he just played, Stoops will have little choice. I would give him the game against Tech to redeem himself. Personally I don't think he'll get any better unless they go back to the swing pass as their main option -- or suddenly become a dominant running team.

badger
9/24/2012, 09:39 AM
Was exciting to watch Sterling have such a great game.
I bet he gets rewarded with more playing time next game. The rest of the receivers will be rewarded with practice time against bye. :P

Soonerjeepman
9/24/2012, 09:45 AM

doubt it happens...he doesn't bench QB's for bad play...it's the other 10 guys around him that didn't step up. People say "game day" experience is too valuable...horse hockey...put Bell in there and see what he does.

marfacowboy
9/24/2012, 10:34 AM
People love to pile on when you're down, especially when you're OU and have been declared by ESPN Mag and others as the greatest program of the modern/BCS/whatever era.
I can't stand that ****ing *********, but our guys were not as well prepared as KState. That's the bottom line.

If I were Stoops, I'd keep recruiting QB's like White and Bradford, WR's like Broyles and Metoyer, a few Ikard's, Jefferson's/Hurst's and supplement that with the types of guys Saban has on his DL and LB crew. That's why Alabama is crushing people. I'd add a powerback that wears people down and use the TE more. It's a better well rounded approach. A lot like what Miami had back in their heyday and what Bama has now.

That's your best chance to win against any opponent, any place, any time.

KantoSooner
9/24/2012, 10:47 AM
After holding the line for four years, backing the party line and waiting for the process to work; exactly when are you permitted to express dismay that the same mistakes keep being made with tedious regularity?

Dio
9/24/2012, 12:30 PM
Who is to say? We may all think he is good because of his record and the things he has done in the past...but really...what has he done in the last 7-8 years??? I know, I know, he has gotten us to some big games and all...but how many of those big games has he won? How many games have we lost because we were "flat"?

I don't know if it's time to replace Bob...I just know that as Sooner fans we should expect more. It has gotten to the point that when we play big games...I expect to lose.

It's not time to replace Bob, but it is time to put some pressure on him like the fans and donors did with Switzer from 81-83. Stoops has gotten fat and happy, and it's time to put him on notice.

swardboy
9/24/2012, 12:48 PM
^
I'm going to agree to agree with this. Agreed?

soonerboy_odanorth
9/24/2012, 01:10 PM
After holding the line for four years, backing the party line and waiting for the process to work; exactly when are you permitted to express dismay that the same mistakes keep being made with tedious regularity?

Defense didn't get burned deep. Receivers made all the catches they should have and a couple that no one would have blamed them if they hadn't. The running backs ran tough. The O-line protected well against a really good defense.

So not all of the same mistakes are being made with tedious regularity.

Just the mistakes between Landry's ears. At least 2010 was a pretty fun year at the end of it all. Jury out on 2012, and I think it could go either way yet.

What the staff needs to address is what changes they make so that Landry can do what he does well with more regularity, and is put in fewer "16-foot putt" situations where his version of "the yips" gets to him.

KantoSooner
9/24/2012, 01:41 PM
Just the mistakes between Landry's ears

...those would be the ones I was referring to. Look, I was even one of the people who was so goo-goo eyed over Landry that I thought Sam was just holding a place for him. I loved this guy before he got here. I loved him during the heady days of 'The Stache'. I have been a staunch supporter.
But I can't deny reality anymore: there is something simply 'wrong' inside his head. Maybe it's fixable by a sports psychologist. Maybe hypnosis might do the trick. Maybe whisky and hookers (seemed to work for Eldritch). I don't know what it is. And I am not even vaguely talented enough to do what he does or even to diagnose what the issue is.
I can, however, see that his tendency to panic and make hideous decisions has not progressed whatsoever in four years. And that would seem to indicate until such time as he gets his own head together no amount of coaching or teamwork is going to help.