PDA

View Full Version : Josh Heupel vs. Chuck Long

S00NR1
9/22/2012, 11:19 PM
Josh Heupel's gimmick "hurry"-up offense vs. Chuck Long's pro-style, I-form offense. Who do you take?

Curly Bill
9/22/2012, 11:24 PM
Neither!

...and no I don't want KW back either!

thecrimsoncrusader
9/22/2012, 11:24 PM
Kevin Wilson didn't do as good when Landry Jones was the QB (see 2010 Missouri and ATM games as an example). We won't know about Heupel until next season, we already know about Landry Jones and it isn't good.

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 11:25 PM
Long and Wilson had QBs who could bail them out. Heupel doesn't.

Curly Bill
9/22/2012, 11:26 PM

Fair point

OUInformant
9/22/2012, 11:26 PM
KW was a great coordinator. Chuck Long was better than Heupel. Heupel has been the worst, IMO. Mangino and KW were the best by far.

EatLeadCommie
9/22/2012, 11:27 PM
The problem continues to be Patton

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 11:29 PM
KW was a great coordinator. Chuck Long was better than Heupel. Heupel has been the worst, IMO. Mangino and KW were the best by far. Mangino and Leach were better than Wilson or Long. IMO Heupel hasn't had enough time yet.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/22/2012, 11:29 PM
KW was a great coordinator. Chuck Long was better than Heupel. Heupel has been the worst, IMO. Mangino and KW were the best by far.

Wow.

Really!?

Really. You're serious?

You're serious.

Really?

Wow.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/22/2012, 11:31 PM
If you have two Offensive Coordinators you don't have one. (Using the QB analogy.)

BTW, I hope everyone is aware that Norvell's record as OC at other programs is not exactly stellar.

But I do love how the worm has turned on golden boy Heupel. All those "problems" we had under Wilson don't seem so horrible now, do they?

agoo758
9/22/2012, 11:31 PM
KW was a great coordinator.

A face palm would not do this justice.

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 11:33 PM
Wow.

Really!?

Really. You're serious?

You're serious.

Really?

Wow. I thought the same thing.............just didn't want to be mean. Ha!

S00NR1
9/22/2012, 11:33 PM
I just think it's time we ditch this hurry-up offense and go with something more stable. Look at the last few NC teams -- they certainly aren't trying to do anything other than get under center and run it right at the opponent. I mean we have 2 starting RBs in the NFL and a starting QB we shouldn't have trouble recruiting into a pro-style attack.

It's clear that Bradford was truly the person our current offense was designed for and Landry simply doesn't have the head that Sam does.

mojorisen2014
9/22/2012, 11:34 PM
Chuck 3rd and Long

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 11:34 PM
I just think it's time we ditch this hurry-up offense and go with something more stable. Look at the last few NC teams -- they certainly aren't trying to do anything other than get under center and run it right at the opponent. I mean we have 2 starting RBs in the NFL and a starting QB we shouldn't have trouble recruiting into a pro-style attack. Part of the problem might be that we run the slowest hurry-up offense ever.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/22/2012, 11:35 PM
But I also think there has been another very valid point brought up: the QB that the OC has to work with.

I'm pretty much ready for the Mr. Hand era to be over with. If we were to do the unthinkable and replace Landry with Bell right now, we would take huge lumps this season, maybe to the point of a losing season. But it puts us in better shape for next year. (Lord that sounds so aggy. Ugh.)

LiveLaughLove
9/22/2012, 11:53 PM
Mike Leach
Kevin Wilson
Mark Mangino
Josh Heupel
Chuck Long

I wouldn't argue switching Wilson and Leach, but for me, Leach is numero uno because he got it started. He's George Fricking Washington and Blackbeard in one.

rainiersooner
9/22/2012, 11:59 PM
If we were to do the unthinkable and replace Landry with Bell right now the chances of stoops doing this are about as good as the chances of mr. hand playing with poise under pressure. really nice kid, great athlete, good quarterback...but not someone i enjoy seeing taking snaps. he makes me long for nate hybl. at least that kid had moxie.

SoonerMarkVA
9/23/2012, 08:31 AM
I just think it's time we ditch this hurry-up offense and go with something more stable. Look at the last few NC teams -- they certainly aren't trying to do anything other than get under center and run it right at the opponent. I mean we have 2 starting RBs in the NFL and a starting QB we shouldn't have trouble recruiting into a pro-style attack.

It's clear that Bradford was truly the person our current offense was designed for and Landry simply doesn't have the head that Sam does.

Nor of Heupel, Hybl, White, or Thompson. This is Jones' true underlying problem.

cccasooner2
9/23/2012, 09:13 AM
Mike Leach
Kevin Wilson
Mark Mangino
Josh Heupel
Chuck Long

I wouldn't argue switching Wilson and Leach, but for me, Leach is numero uno because he got it started. He's George Fricking Washington and Blackbeard in one.

I just remembered I forgot to congratulate Colorado on their victory. They're still tied with Arizona State for the PAC12 South division lead.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/23/2012, 09:26 AM

Allen and Bell must be pathetic.

CU Sooner
9/23/2012, 10:09 AM
give me someone who isn't afraid to touch the center's butt. That is the underlying problem to our whole offense. We have great rb's and a great fb but wasted with shotgun everytime. My opinion is the Wilson has been the best because he could truly run multiple formation with the same personnel, under center or shotgun. Wilson had Jones for the first 2 years and did much better with him than josh has the last two. It should be the other way around.

Breadburner
9/23/2012, 10:26 AM
We run the no huddle....

SOONER44EVER
9/23/2012, 07:16 PM
We run the no huddle....

We walk the no huddle..............very slowly.

SoonerMachine
9/24/2012, 10:25 AM
I would have loved to have seen Leach's offense with Demond Parker...

Mangino said Heupel ran the 2000 offense...

Chuck Long had the best pre-scripted first dozen or so plays, but then...

Wilson was awesome between the twenties, but the red zone...

I'll reserve judgment on Heulpel until he's had another year.

Oh, I like the hurry-up, just don't like the meerkat; and I hate the 'running back by committee' (let the best back find his rhythm).

tycat947
9/24/2012, 10:31 AM
I just remembered I forgot to congratulate Colorado on their victory. They're still tied with Arizona State for the PAC12 South division lead.

Amazing! CU couldn't beat Sac State at home and was destroyed by Fresno State and lost to a terrible Colorado State. Who'd a thunk they could beat Wazzu in Pullman?

madillsoonerfan5353
9/24/2012, 10:37 AM
Neither!

...and no I don't want KW back either!

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madillsoonerfan5353
9/24/2012, 10:38 AM
The problem continues to be Patton

AND THIS!!!!!

SoonerLB
9/24/2012, 11:33 AM
"Long and Wilson had QBs who could bail them out. Heupel doesn't." - SOONER44EVER

Yessir!

--------------------------------------

"KW was a great coordinator. Chuck Long was better than Heupel. Heupel has been the worst, IMO. Mangino and KW were the best by far." - OUInformant

You cannot really in any way actually believe this, that is the kind of thinking that puts people into institutions of the mental variety!

--------------------------------------

"Wow.

Really!?

Really. You're serious?

You're serious.

Really?

Wow." - SOONER44EVER

That floored me as well 44, could be one of the most ludicrous things I have ever read here.

----------------------------------------

"A face palm would not do this justice." - agoo758

So true agoo, so true!

"Part of the problem might be that we run the slowest hurry-up offense ever."

"We walk the no huddle..............very slowly." - SOONER44EVER

Might? Better description could be that we walk the best cluster-**** offense ever.

"...and no I don't want KW back either!" - Curly Bill

Perish the thought! And I can't imagine anyone EVER wanting 'third and Long' back, EVER! The mere mention of such a thought sickens me tremendously!

TXBOOMER
9/24/2012, 06:43 PM
We need to recruit lineman and run an offense that will put their hand in the dirt and run over the mutha across from them. All of this spread, zone blocking finesse tricked up crap is for teams that can't get the studs. OU has the least talented lines on both sides of the ball I can remember.

cccasooner2
9/24/2012, 06:50 PM
We need to recruit lineman and run an offense that will put their hand in the dirt and run over the mutha across from them. All of this spread, zone blocking finesse tricked up crap is for teams that can't get the studs. OU has the least talented lines on both sides of the ball I can remember.

So you think we're doing it just right?

TXBOOMER
9/24/2012, 07:28 PM
So you think we're doing it just right?

Nice catch. This crop is too bad for either. The D line getting blown off the ball is especially disgusting.