PDA

View Full Version : Watching the press conference

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 10:25 PM
Is it just me or does Bob not even look upset after losing? He used to be pissed at the world after a loss.

soonerfan69
9/22/2012, 10:26 PM
Paraphrase if you will

tooslow
9/22/2012, 10:27 PM
Would you REALLY be pissed off making $5M a year knowing a few mistakes each year won't cost your job? I'm sure Bob is trying, but he hasn't shown a lot of anger lately. Of course, that's probably good for his heart. ;)

ELP Sooner
9/22/2012, 10:28 PM
I could watch it...but I turned on Law and Order. Bob will take the blame while mentioning failure to execute by the team. What do I win?

Sooners78
9/22/2012, 10:28 PM
The fire is definitely not there anymore.

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 10:29 PM
I could watch it...but I turned on Law and Order. Bob will take the blame while mentioning failure to execute by the team. What do I win?

You're right. He's kinda getting used to these types of press conferences.

goingoneight
9/22/2012, 10:30 PM
He's plenty aware of the state of his team and program. Stomping your feet and crying won't fix what's wrong with them. He's been VERY cautious is describing things about them so far this year. Using the term "hopefully" in the UTEP pre game doesn't exactly scream "confidence."

Gilligan
If Bob was a real coach (now days) he would stand up and say " I have given Landry Jones every chance in the world. WE WILL CHANGE QUARTERBACKS".

VA Sooner
Watching the FSU-Clemson game instead. Venable's defense getting torched in this game. Looks like Tahj Boyd didn't get his money's worth with that QB coach in California either.

nighttrain12
9/22/2012, 10:53 PM
If Bob was a real coach (now days) he would stand up and say " I have given Landry Jones every chance in the world. WE WILL CHANGE QUARTERBACKS".

There's not a better QB on OU's roster, not even close.

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 10:56 PM
There's not a better QB on OU's roster, not even close. Agreed 100%

SoonerinSouthlake
9/22/2012, 11:05 PM
as much as I hate Nick Saban...he looks pissed when they have won by 50

Love to see a bit of that from Bob.

Spare me the responses about how he cares and is more pissed than anyone. reality is...I know that. And agree.

But its time for him to make it so miserable for them when they dont give top notch performances week in and out~!

agoo758
9/22/2012, 11:05 PM

That is a frightening and inexucsable situation.

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 11:07 PM
Stoops doesn't look pissed to me. He looks like a guy making 4.5 million a year who is eager to get to Home Depot and pick out mini-blinds for his new house.

thecrimsoncrusader

I will take the QB that isn't afraid to get hit over one that is not. And your're right, it's not even close, Landry is much more afraid of getting hit than Blake Bell, Drew Allen Kendall Thompson and Pee-Wee Freaking Herman.

SoonerorLater

Then that is a sad commentary on the state of OU football

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 11:09 PM
I will take the QB that isn't afraid to get hit over one that is not. And your're right, it's not even close, Landry is much more afraid of getting hit than Blake Bell, Drew Allen Kendall Thompson and Pee-Wee Freaking Herman. So you're saying the coaches don't know what they're doing starting LJ right?

SoonerinSouthlake
9/22/2012, 11:10 PM
Then that is a sad commentary on the state of OU football

agreed!

TUSooner
9/22/2012, 11:17 PM
Stoops doesn't look pissed to me. He looks like a guy making 4.5 million a year who is eager to get to Home Depot and pick out mini-blinds for his new house.

That's completely stupid: When you make that much money you don't get your blinds from Home Depot! :wink:

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 11:18 PM
That's completely stupid: When you make that much money you don't get your blinds from Home Depot! :wink: Well I wouldn't get mine there. I don't know about Bob sometimes.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/22/2012, 11:26 PM
So you're saying the coaches don't know what they're doing starting LJ right?

Yes, that is correct. If they did know what they were doing, they wouldn't have lost to KSU tonight in Norman. And they would realize that Landry's entire resume was based on the existence of Ryan Broyles. His numbers the past few years were a mirage.

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 11:27 PM
Yes, that is correct. If they did know what they were doing, they wouldn't have lost to KSU tonight in Norman. And they would realize that Landry's entire resume was based on the existence of Ryan Broyles. His numbers the past few years were a mirage. Do you honestly believe we would have won tonight by starting any other QB on the roster?

Curly Bill
9/22/2012, 11:28 PM
Do you honestly believe we would have won tonight by starting any other QB on the roster?

Sadly no, and that is a sad commentary.

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 11:30 PM
Sadly no, and that is a sad commentary. I agree. I'm not saying Landry is bad. He's just no Heupel, White or Bradford. But who is?

EatLeadCommie
9/22/2012, 11:37 PM
QBs under Stoops tend to be by seniority and default. You don't get different QBs until they get injured or graduate. The reason is because the backups get no real time game experience. Bell has been an exception, but he is only brought in to run one play.

LiveLaughLove
9/22/2012, 11:43 PM
Landry is the best QB on the team. He's just not quite as good as most people wish he would be.

The guy you all want to replace him fumbled away a TD tonight himself. That TD would have won the game. Fumbled it untouched, I might add.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/22/2012, 11:44 PM
You might, but he touched it.

With swagger.

sooneron
9/22/2012, 11:46 PM
^ uh yeah

BeaSooner
9/22/2012, 11:49 PM
Yes, that is correct. If they did know what they were doing, they wouldn't have lost to KSU tonight in Norman. And they would realize that Landry's entire resume was based on the existence of Ryan Broyles. His numbers the past few years were a mirage.

I don't know that I would go this far; however, I would say that Broyles made Landry appear to be a much better quarterback than he actually is.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/22/2012, 11:55 PM
I would take Bell in a heartbeat over Mr. Hand. No, it probably wouldn't have changed tonight's outcome. Yes, we would take our lumps. But the learning curve next year becomes a non-issue.

Does anyone here have any confidence in Landry. I mean, stone cold you are SURE he has what it takes to lead us to a win in a tight spot? Does he have that confidence in himself? His body language doesn't indicate to me that he does.

allanace16
9/23/2012, 12:05 AM
Landry is the best QB on the team. He's just not quite as good as most people wish he would be.

The guy you all want to replace him fumbled away a TD tonight himself. That TD would have won the game. Fumbled it untouched, I might add.

To be fair, when the backup fumbles 97 yards away from our goal line and the starter fumbles 2 yards away, I know which one I see as a larger mistake. Also, given one's taken basically every offensive snap for 4 years and the other's played maybe 10 games, the level of expectation is a little different. Furthermore, it really didn't seem like we were snapping the ball well tonight. Lot of low snaps. Little different issue than having the ball and losing it.

Do I feel like any other QB on the roster is "better"? No, but let's not forget that LJ had the advantage of taking his lumps when there was unquestionably no other option in 09. So he got to play through his mistakes to get experience that was supposed to make him a better QB that wouldn't repeat those mistakes. After 4 years, I think we can definitively say that it hasn't worked out that way. Maybe someone else with said time does take that leap and play better *eventually*. But at this point it's a known that we're going to continue to see them out of Landry until he's exhausted his eligibility. Now whether you wanna roll with that or not is personal preference.

You win and lose as a team, and there's always something every member of the team could have done better, but there were just critical repeated mistakes from Landry tonight and the sad thing is we're at a point where "critical repeated mistakes" from our quarterback has become the expectation. In many games, he's been good enough to overcome that, but we can't out-talent every single team on the schedule.

(for the record, I don't know that I support BENCHING Landry, but I do feel like he is what he is at this point)

Oh, now that I think about it, I think in a different (re: balanced) system, Landry as a game-manager could work. Or at least he wouldn't take the flack he does now.

SoonerLB
9/23/2012, 06:50 AM
The cluster-**** play calling system isn't helping him any. Being in a panick-stricken mode to get a last second play off is not helping the boy play the position. But then, neirher is his fear of getting hit.

olevetonahill
9/23/2012, 06:59 AM
Back to the Press conference.
Where did you watch it?
Hell Fox cut away I thot so I turned it off

brainpimp
9/23/2012, 08:18 AM
I will take the QB that isn't afraid to get hit over one that is not. And your're right, it's not even close, Landry is much more afraid of getting hit than Blake Bell, Drew Allen Kendall Thompson and Pee-Wee Freaking Herman.

This times a 1000. You absolutely , dead on, right on the button, absolutely nailed it. He looks terrified of getting ANY contact. He damn near totally panics every time someone even gets a sniff of getting near him.

I'm afraid Bob's "Oh no you can't run, you're a QB" rule has made him think he's made of glass.

cccasooner2
9/23/2012, 08:28 AM
Back to the Press conference.
Where did you watch it?
Hell Fox cut away I thot so I turned it off

http://player.theplatform.com/ps/player/pds/KHBZMaYjPk?pid=OGHVK_NSvHDluOrPyCpQziXAClpdG_l7

Sooner in Tampa
9/23/2012, 08:34 AM
Do you honestly believe we would have won tonight by starting any other QB on the roster?
Honestly...Yes

Landry was off all night. He missed a wide TE for an easy six, he had Shepard shooting up the field on a post pattern that would have been six if Landry had led him just a little bit. The fumbles...the Int's...good gawd Jones was down right horrendous at times tonight

He is a Senior who played like a sophomore.

olevetonahill
9/23/2012, 08:39 AM
http://player.theplatform.com/ps/player/pds/KHBZMaYjPk?pid=OGHVK_NSvHDluOrPyCpQziXAClpdG_l7

Thanks, Do they play that Live after the Games?

cccasooner2
9/23/2012, 08:59 AM
I don't know. I just noticed it this morning.

olevetonahill
9/23/2012, 09:05 AM
I don't know. I just noticed it this morning.

I was wondering if they on TEEVEE after the game, I have a hard time hearin on these puny Speakers on this Lap top.

Pooty Pootpoot
9/23/2012, 09:17 AM
That's completely stupid: When you make that much money you don't get your blinds from Home Depot! :wink:

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read "Home Depot". Sad state of affairs when folks think that millionaires shop up tuh the Home Dee-Pot.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/23/2012, 09:36 AM
So you're saying the coaches don't know what they're doing starting LJ right?

You can say the same thing about Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin.

OU_Sooners75
9/23/2012, 10:06 AM
Let's evaluate this the right way, shall we?

Did two big. Mistakes by Laundry Jones essentially make the difference in the game? Yes. Was the loss solely due to Laundry Jones? No.

When all you do is run from shotgun. When all you do is pass from shotgun. When all you do is zone block. Then your scheme is flawed!

I understand that you should be able to do that. But you can't play finesse football and expect to grind out close tough wins.

At some point your offensive coordinator needs to see the importance of a fullbuck. At some point your OC has got to see the importance of blowing up the trenches.at some point your OC has got to understand when to pull any player that is not performing well.

It wasn't all the offenses fault either. The defense played pretty solid most of the night. But Collin Klein had all the time in the world to throw without worries of any pressure. I don't recall any pressure being made on Klein.

That all said, one of three things needs to happen.

1. Stoops needs to demand a new offensive identity.
2. Stoops needs to get rid of some of his buddies that cannot get the job done.
3. Stoops needs to revaluate himself and his desire to win national championships, not settle for conference championships.

SoonerMarkVA
9/23/2012, 11:12 AM
That is a frightening and inexucsable situation.

Agreed--if true. I'm not buying it, but if it's true then we are in for a really, really low 2-3 year stretch.

CatfishSooner
9/23/2012, 11:20 AM
sad.

hawaii 5-0
9/23/2012, 11:28 AM
I pray this was a wake up call to alot of people.

5-0