PDA

View Full Version : Wagon stops here.

8timechamps
9/22/2012, 10:21 PM
Mon, Wed, & Fri of this week, the bandwagon will be stopping by so that those who need to jump off can do so. Those of us reamaing, settle back into your long time seats...cause we'll be heading out again real soon. Plenty of other undefeated teams out there, and I'm sure you can jump on theirs if you hurry. The rest of us will keep on movin' down the road with our boys,

agoo758
9/22/2012, 10:23 PM
Your'e repeating yourself 8time. We made a lot of mistakes today. Making that statement doesn not qualify me or anyone else as jumping off the bandwagon. if you believe that we were as prepared as we can be for that game tonight, then you are a fool.

soonerfan69
9/22/2012, 10:23 PM
Here Here

Curly Bill
9/22/2012, 10:34 PM
I ain't jumpin off. Hell, sadly I'm not even surprised or upset when we lose these days. Funny how you can get used to that.

8timechamps
9/22/2012, 10:38 PM
Your'e repeating yourself 8time. We made a lot of mistakes today. Making that statement doesn not qualify me or anyone else as jumping off the bandwagon. if you believe that we were as prepared as we can be for that game tonight, then you are a fool.

Really, who wasn't prepared? The Defense? Special Teams? Offense? I watched, and the defense looked pretty damn prepared. But I don't care what team you play for, or what game you play in, if you continue to put your defense in a position to defense a short field over, and over, they will eventually get scored on.
The defense gave up two TDs and a FG. 17 points. I'd say if they were asked before the game if only giving up 17 points to KSU would be Good? They would have said "yes". Good, not great.

But, lets pile in Bob, because there are limitless coaches out there that we should be bringing in to take over that can cleary do the same thing. Arkansas found one, Nebraska found one, Michigan found one, Florida found one.....oh, wait.

Edit: I'm not talking about the folks that say "we just played poorly", or "we couldn't over come the mistakes", becuase that's reality. I'm talking about the people that automatically go for "This is Stoops fault", and the soon to be seen "Fire Coach [insert name]".

tulsaoilerfan
9/22/2012, 10:38 PM
I ain't jumpin off. Hell, sadly I'm not even surprised or upset when we lose these days. Funny how you can get used to that.

Me too Bill

MyT Oklahoma
9/22/2012, 10:41 PM
It is what it is. I'll be around in two weeks for Texas Tech.

Until then though I will vent if I feel like it and if anyone doesn't like it, please ignore my comments.

agoo758
9/22/2012, 10:42 PM
Really, who wasn't prepared? The Defense? Special Teams? Offense? I watched, and the defense looked pretty damn prepared. But I don't care what team you play for, or what game you play in, if you continue to put your defense in a position to defense a short field over, and over, they will eventually get scored on.
The defense gave up two TDs and a FG. 17 points. I'd say if they were asked before the game if only giving up 17 points to KSU would be Good? They would have said "yes". Good, not great.

But, lets pile in Bob, because there are limitless coaches out there that we should be bringing in to take over that can cleary do the same thing. Arkansas found one, Nebraska found one, Michigan found one, Florida found one.....oh, wait.

I blame more than just our coach, I can also point out that Jones had the worst game of his career, Bell cost us dearly, and that our line did an atrocious job of applying pressure, but you criticize people when they talk about the players like that as well.

I blame our coach, I also blame a lot of other people, and I am confident many on this board would agree with me

goingoneight
9/22/2012, 10:46 PM
It's disappointing... but that's what you get in college football. One loss and the sky falls down. The seats get hot.
They're clearly just too young and not completely settled in to be considered a contender yet. The way it works is... now you're stuck down in a well of a hole if you can even SALVAGE 2012. I saw a team plenty competitive (obviously since KSU didn't blow us out). They just couldn't finish enough plays consistently across the board. They have to go to work and get it better.

sooneron
9/22/2012, 10:51 PM

Yeah, funny how Venables gets you used to those days. It'll be great when when Mike comes back... oooooohh... yeaaaaaaaahhh. nm.

BigTip
9/22/2012, 10:59 PM

Yup.

Last year's first loss was lots worse because our expectations were so high. I saw this coming from the first game though. I was hoping it wasn't going to happen of course, but I knew we weren't going undefeated.

But.....

BOOMER!

thecrimsoncrusader
9/22/2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah, funny how Venables gets you used to those days. It'll be great when when Mike comes back... oooooohh... yeaaaaaaaahhh. nm.

The Sooner defense didn't lose this game. And there is no way they could have won it as long as Landry kept betraying them just after they get off the field. Oklahoma would have been routed tonight if Vulnerables was still the defensive coordinator.

soonerloyal
9/22/2012, 11:03 PM
Oh, KMA. I've been a fan so long I was here before the wagon.

Fix the problems, Bobby. The program is bigger than the Stoops name. Fix this s*** now.

agoo758
9/22/2012, 11:04 PM
. It'll be great when when Mike comes back... oooooohh... yeaaaaaaaahhh. nm.

The defense actually looks vastly improved under Mike.

sooneron
9/22/2012, 11:04 PM
The Sooner defense didn't lose this game. And there is no way they could have won it as long as Landry kept betraying them just after they get off the field. Oklahoma would have been routed tonight if Vulnerables was still the defensive coordinator.

Dude, if you weren't hoping for KSU to screw up on offense, then you weren't watching the game.

sooneron
9/22/2012, 11:06 PM
Wort may have had his worst game as a Sooner tonight. We should have beaten this slow moving predictable offense.

cleller
9/22/2012, 11:06 PM
The defense actually looks vastly improved under Mike.

With even a mediocre offensive performance, the D would have played plenty well to win the game.

Clemson scored 37 on FSU which has been playing great D, yet the Clemson D gave up 700 yards and 49 points.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/22/2012, 11:07 PM

Edit: I'm not talking about the folks that say "we just played poorly", or "we couldn't over come the mistakes", becuase that's reality. I'm talking about the people that automatically go for "This is Stoops fault", and the soon to be seen "Fire Coach [insert name]".

are we allowed to be mad at anyone?

sooneron
9/22/2012, 11:09 PM
Here's how to really rate the defense.
When they had the ball...

1) you knew we'd get the ball back
2) you thought we'd take over on loss of downs
3) you thought we'd take the ball away
4) you were REALLY hoping for them to screw up

Curly Bill
9/22/2012, 11:10 PM

I didn't see Mike's defense fumble or throw a pic even once???

soonerfan69
9/22/2012, 11:10 PM
I'm fuggin pissed as hell but there will be NO jumping off the wagon here

Curly Bill
9/22/2012, 11:12 PM
Wort may have had his worst game as a Sooner tonight. We should have beaten this slow moving predictable offense.

Wort never has been the player he was supposed to be, or is sometimes made out to be! Just my opinion of course.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/22/2012, 11:14 PM
I thought he played like a boss.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/22/2012, 11:24 PM
No jumping off. I'm afraid I'm in this for life. Hell... survived the Blake years just fine.

But I think people might want to be prepared for the possibility of our first losing season since the Blake years... Lubbock not looking real positive. I think Texas may have a little more confidence going into the game this year. Kansas should still be a win. Notre Dame, sadly, looks like a loss right now. Then we have to turn around and travel to Iowa State. The way ISU is playing at home... right now that is a toss-up. Back home with Baylor... could be a toss-up. Then WVU, looking like a loss. oSu, I believe, to me still looks like a win. Then TCU.... I don't know, toss-up I guess.

Basically, this team looks to be in the 5-7 to 7-5 band.

But that's right now. They somehow pull it together and come up with a miracle in Lubbock? Well... then they could get back on track and even still fight for the BigXII.

But it all comes down now to the Taco Tech game. We lose that one and it gets ugly.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/22/2012, 11:26 PM
I thought he played like a boss.

And I thought Landry played like one of those street-walking prostitutes that you can run over in Grand Theft Auto.

sooneron
9/22/2012, 11:37 PM
Wort never has been the player he was supposed to be, or is sometimes made out to be! Just my opinion of course.

Well, there is that. Please answer my multiple choice question ....

Tulsa_Fireman
9/22/2012, 11:38 PM
The answer is...

5) My bawls itch with all the swagger in them.

sooneron
9/22/2012, 11:38 PM
Why do I ask? Because #4 seems so familiar. They seemed to move the ball when they needed to move the ball.

Curly Bill
9/22/2012, 11:40 PM
Here's how to really rate the defense.
When they had the ball...

1) you knew we'd get the ball back
2) you thought we'd take over on loss of downs
3) you thought we'd take the ball away
4) you were REALLY hoping for them to screw up

Know it might be kind of strong, but I had a lot more confidence in our defense tonight than I did the offense. I do think Mike screwed the pooch somewhat in just trying to contain Klein and never pressuring him.

sooneron
9/22/2012, 11:41 PM
Not a bad answer as you qualified it...