9/22/2012, 10:17 PM
No blitzes, zero creativity

Anemic

achiro
9/22/2012, 10:21 PM
Can't blame the d for this loss.

Sooners78
9/22/2012, 10:23 PM
No, defense was put in terrible situations tonight by Landry.

LiveLaughLove
9/22/2012, 10:24 PM
No blitzes because you don't beat Klein by blitzing him. You contain him. You can't do ALL things. You have to pick the way you will play it based on their schemes and personnel.

They exposed our weaknesses. They were very obvious weaknesses way before this game.

We are a top 15-20 team this year. That's about where we will end up I think.

GottaHavePride
9/22/2012, 10:26 PM
Defense played well enough to win this one.

IronHorseSooner
9/22/2012, 10:27 PM
The D was not to blame here. You just can't be out there that long and expect to execute. The O was to blame here, and one person particular. In fact, our RBs were decent, and our receivers weren't bad, we know where the blame lies.

TahoeSOONER
9/22/2012, 10:27 PM
No doubt we stumbled around on O but if you can't stack the box, bring more than 5 even, on a running team trying to stretch the game out then you're in for a long night.

VA Sooner
9/22/2012, 10:28 PM
Defense played very well tonight. Got gassed with being on the field for an extra 12 minutes with all of the turnovers.

Sloppy offense...

TahoeSOONER
9/22/2012, 10:34 PM
The defense allowed a QB run for 5 yards a carry for 80 yards. Anyone know that was coming?

The RB went 130?

200 plus yards on a team we knew would try to take the air out of the ball.

200+ yards given up on the ground + turnovers = L

tulsaoilerfan
9/22/2012, 10:42 PM
The defense had plenty of chances in the first half to get off the field yet they couldn't; i don't think they had a 3 and out the whole game did they? I just can't believe a Stoops team could look so crappy after two weeks to prepare for this game

TahoeSOONER
9/22/2012, 10:44 PM
I can understand the defense was left on the field and you get a fumble on offense for a TD and a turnover on the one. The O was snake bit bad.

You can't give up 200 plus on the ground when ya know it's coming.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/22/2012, 10:45 PM

Defenses not named Oklahoma in the Big 8 preparing for the wishbone in the 1980's called. They want their hopes and dreams back.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/22/2012, 10:48 PM
They have to be able to get off the field in key situations..but they were put in too many key situations

OUcharlie
9/22/2012, 10:49 PM
Can't blame the d for this loss.

Agree on that Sir !!

Tulsa_Fireman
9/22/2012, 10:49 PM
They needed more swagger. Not nearly enough swagger.

EnragedOUfan
9/22/2012, 10:54 PM
It you pay attention, our defensive front got absolutely no pressure what so ever, that's the bottom line. Our undersized defense got exposed by a power running team, and we'll be in for a world of hurt against Texas.......

If you pay attention, no team can consistently pass on us. They'll get some here and there, but our DB's are in position to make plays. But again, when our LB's are 200 lbs or less when we lack the elite DE's and DT's, we really can't stop these true power running teams, especially when we run a gimmick Pistol offense that's too effin predictable.

Hopefully, Mike can fix this with recruiting.

LiveLaughLove
9/22/2012, 10:57 PM
I can understand the defense was left on the field and you get a fumble on offense for a TD and a turnover on the one. The O was snake bit bad.

You can when you are out manned on the line. Sometimes, you aren't the better team on the field.

Tonight was one of those nights, with our O playing the way it did.

Their O line manhandled our D line and small linebackers and would do so 10 out of 10 games if they played them.

Considering that, our D played overall pretty well. I think Mike is doing a better job with the secondary than was being done the last few years.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/22/2012, 10:59 PM
Okay, I'm gonna regret even wasting the typing space but the retardery is killing me.

Follow me. It's complicated.

Penetration. Is. NOT. Always. A. Good. Thing.

We were read and react across the front for pretty much the whole game. Control the point of attack, don't surrender the line of scrimmage, slide to the gap. Pinning your ears back and swinging for the fences with your down linemen against a team like K-State will rape you. The narrow seam that's rapidly closing becomes offset, unlevel gaps and with a back like they have? With a kid that they run the QB keeper read with on a regular basis? They'd have sliced us for even more than they did.

Christ, guys.

agoo758
9/22/2012, 11:00 PM
Our defense was pretty good considering that everyone out there are thinner than fence posts..... an inept offense on our end cause our guys to run out of gas. I am very proud of the way they played actually.

Breadburner
9/22/2012, 11:02 PM
D played fine....This one lies squarely on Jones....

thecrimsoncrusader
9/22/2012, 11:02 PM
If the Sooner offense errr...I mean Landry, would have done his job against a crappy KSU pass defense, KSU probably only scores a field goal.

goingoneight
9/22/2012, 11:04 PM
The D was not to blame here. You just can't be out there that long and expect to execute. The O was to blame here, and one person particular. In fact, our RBs were decent, and our receivers weren't bad, we know where the blame lies.
I saw plenty of blame on the receivers. They had a hand in it all, too. You don't have to drop a TD to cost your team at WR. Stills flat-out gave up on a route for one example.
Nobody beyond Sterling Sheperd played consistently tonight.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/22/2012, 11:05 PM
No pass rush hurts and no turnovers hurt but I think if coaches Aren't using timeouts like they don't run out, they are at least able to get the ball back at the end

Tulsa_Fireman
9/22/2012, 11:08 PM
Stills flat-out gave up on a route for one example.

See, I saw that and I don't think that's what happened.

He shut his route down, no question. But the safety was stepping up and would've had position along with a DB step for step. If he would've continued he would've taken the route straght into the safety which equals no bueno. Which leads to my point, that looked coached to me. Shut down the route and sit on it, take the hitter to the belly and a few easy yards. You won't get a positive outcome continuing and in fact, makes the throw even harder.

BoulderSooner79
9/22/2012, 11:08 PM
I agree it would be great if we could get some pressure with the front 4. But since we couldn't, Mike really has to blitz every once in a while. I can understand not wanting to risk it while the game is close and there is time on the clock. But when it's 3 and 11 and you either get a stop or the game is over, it's tough to watch their QB sit back for 4+ seconds waiting for a guy to get open for 12 yards.

Having said that, the defense played plenty well enough to win. The offense had 3 trips to redzone yield 6 points on top of giving up 7 on the fumble.

The one bright spot - Sterling Shepard looks a lot like Ryan Broyles did his FR year.

SoonerMarkVA
9/23/2012, 08:24 AM
The Defense didn't step up when it needed to. That was very disappointing, and we still other than Jefferson and Colvin can't seem to manage to make a reliable tackle!

That said, this loss falls on the turnovers and surprisingly poor play by Jones. He's physically impressive, but he has to be the mentally weakest starting QB in the Stoops era, save Bomar.