PDA

View Full Version : Bob stoops finds a way to throw away a win ............again..

85Sooner
9/22/2012, 10:15 PM
I was born a Sooner and have always been one..struggled through the tough times and the glorious times....

This season, I had high hopes that Mike Stoops return would be the trick.... On defense it HAS BEEN.

The problem has been revealed....... Landry Jones is a nice guy...and a talented athlete..but he has shown what he can do..he is meager at best without all American receivers........ He needs to be sitting on the bench for the rest of the year.

GET RID OF THE GIMMICK..... BELLDOZER..it is fricking embarrassing......it may win a game against our sister of the north but will never win any important game.

Our special teams is a joke....our O line is a joke..and this loss lays directly on the hands on the head coach..the O coordinators and the QB's.......

Coach Stoops.... you have assume the Gary Gibbs persona...........................and that is what we sill see from him from here on out..... I predict another lonk downfall for OU........................... Damn shame.......................no evidence shows me anything different.

SCOUT
9/22/2012, 10:17 PM
I am not happy with the game, but I think you are a little over the top.

soonerfan69
9/22/2012, 10:19 PM
This team and the scheme is way too soft

Gilligan
9/22/2012, 10:21 PM
OU will NOT have a Winning season with LANDRY JONES in the game....... Landry should have done the OU nation a FAVOR... and gone into the NFL DRAFT Last year....

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah, cuz Bell did sooooo much better. LOL

8timechamps
9/22/2012, 10:24 PM
We know this was going to show us what kind of team we really had. And it did. Pretty good defense, and a somewhat schizophrenic offense. Could make for a fun year, or a crazy one. But, that's what we have.

By the way. Happy Birthday Sterling Sheppard! Today you were born into your Sooner greatness. We can't wait to watch you grow!

tooslow
9/22/2012, 10:24 PM
Well, the first 2 games showed that we were looking at possible 4-5 loss season. This is one of those years we were highly overrated. You don't struggle against UTEP and a FCS team (for a half) and belong in the top 5, much less the top 25.

85Sooner
9/22/2012, 10:27 PM
Bob Stoops + Landry Jones = Gary Gibbs + Cale Gundy....end of story.

The Remnant
9/22/2012, 10:29 PM
way too much finesse on offense

IronHorseSooner
9/22/2012, 10:31 PM
Bob Stoops + Landry Jones = Gary Gibbs + Cale Gundy....end of story.

This is my thought exactly. I don't know if this staff would have the cojones to bench Landry and try something else. I am tired of the deer in the headlights look and the non-chalant attitude.

goingoneight
9/22/2012, 10:38 PM
How about too many dropped passes, missed tackles, turnovers and oh, yeah... we're just not great on either line of scrimmage?
Bob and staff have some heat to take. But, you always will at OU if you lose. Hell, folks wanted him fired after the Florida game. A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

The team is young and it's showing. They need to be smarter and more consistent. Only time in action (experience) will make them better at the little things they're struggling with.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/22/2012, 10:41 PM
I don't want to hear another word about the offensive front tonight. Those boys played balls out. By FAR, the most impressive part of any contribution made tonight.

Not another word.

winout
The only time a qb change under Stoops happens is due to injury. If Hybl hadn't been knocked out you would have never seen White. Times have changed. qbs come out of high school and may be better than your starter.

8timechamps
The reality that these threads exist always make be question the cognitive skills possessed by some folks.

Wishboned
9/22/2012, 10:42 PM
Yeah, cuz Bell did sooooo much better. LOL

Landry...two turnovers = 14 points. Threw for 1 TD. Bell...1 turnover = 3 points. Rushed for 1 TD.

Curly Bill
9/22/2012, 10:43 PM
How about too many dropped passes, missed tackles, turnovers and oh, yeah... we're just not great on either line of scrimmage?
Bob and staff have some heat to take. But, you always will at OU if you lose. Hell, folks wanted him fired after the Florida game. A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

The team is young and it's showing. They need to be smarter and more consistent. Only time in action (experience) will make them better at the little things they're struggling with.

Problem is its one of our more experienced players that pissed down his leg tonight.

...did they really mention his name and Heisman in the same sentence before the game tonight?

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 10:43 PM
Landry...two turnovers = 14 points. Threw for 1 TD. Bell...1 turnover = 3 points. Rushed for 1 TD.
How many times did Landry handle the ball vs. times bell handled the ball?

OUcharlie
9/22/2012, 10:44 PM
I think the players lack of execution was the key. Neither Bob nor Mike were doing the fumbles and oskie. Period....

Wishboned
9/22/2012, 10:44 PM
How many times did Landry handle the ball vs. times bell handled the ball?

You asked the question. I just answered.

MyT Oklahoma
9/22/2012, 10:45 PM
The reality that these threads exist always make be question the cognitive skills possessed by some folks.

True but then some of the comments are still fun to read.

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 10:45 PM
You asked the question. I just answered. Yep, and Bell didn't look any better than Landry.

Wishboned
9/22/2012, 10:46 PM
Yep, and Bell didn't look any better than Landry.

And Landry didn't look any better than Bell.

Curly Bill
9/22/2012, 10:48 PM
Bell has never had his name and Heisman mentioned in the same sentence, thus tonight Landry was the biggest loser.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/23/2012, 08:59 AM
Bell has never had his name and Heisman mentioned in the same sentence, thus tonight Landry was the biggest loser.

I can think of a bigger loser.

JLEW1818
9/23/2012, 09:14 AM
You know you suck when your left tackle lined up as a tight end