PDA

View Full Version : Landry Will Make A Fine Preacher

FaninAma
9/22/2012, 09:48 PM
The world needs good ministers, too.

redkid
9/22/2012, 09:50 PM
this team is playing like crap,,they may not even be a top 25 team''very bad,,and think they had 2 weeks to prepare

soonercastor
9/22/2012, 09:52 PM
Let's hurry the **** up

soonercastor
9/22/2012, 09:54 PM
please don't do something stupid to stall this drive

Curly Bill
9/22/2012, 10:35 PM
Career backup at best in the NFL.

SOONER44EVER
9/22/2012, 10:36 PM
Not a bad job to have though.

Wishboned
9/22/2012, 10:37 PM

And even that's dreaming.

I hope he saves souls better than handles defensive pressure.

MyT Oklahoma
9/22/2012, 10:38 PM

Provided that he can invest his money better than Vince Young did. LOL

Curly Bill

Agreed. It pays well enough, and normally you're just holding a clipboard on the sideline. One does wonder if LJ could manage to hold onto the damn thing? Maybe tie it to his wrist?

ELP Sooner
I have to admit he got me to yell Jesus Christ several times tonight. Preach on....

FaninAma
9/22/2012, 11:49 PM
I have to admit he got me to yell Jesus Christ several times tonight. Preach on....

Hallelujah brother! I don't care who you are.....that's funny.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/23/2012, 12:39 AM

I dunno... he seems to fumble his words under pressure. Can't make for a very good sermon...

SOONER44EVER
9/23/2012, 12:41 AM
Provided that he can invest his money better than Vince Young did. LOLLOL

SoonerLB
9/23/2012, 06:36 AM

Hell yeah . . . . . , er . . . I mean amen!!! :D

cccasooner2
9/23/2012, 07:56 AM
Man of the cloth? The guy can’t even accept personal responsibility. LJ lied to the refs claiming there was no fumble and that it was really a failed forward pass. I know the claim was upheld, but all the evidence suggested otherwise. Does anyone really believe that Landry was trying to make a shoulder-level (LJ’s) shuffle pass to a 5’ 7” guy streaking past him 3 yards away parallel to the LOS and not looking for the ball until he reaches his normal receiving position? I know the announcers said that maybe Finch didn’t know the play that was called, so I guess the refs did know what play was really called? When do the refs attend OU’s practices? KSU was likely screwed out of another 7 points.

cjames317
9/23/2012, 09:15 AM
Landry, you need not worry about what to do with the NFL's filthy lucre.

En_Fuego
9/23/2012, 09:23 AM
Man of the cloth? The guy can’t even accept personal responsibility. LJ lied to the refs claiming there was no fumble and that it was really a failed forward pass. I know the claim was upheld, but all the evidence suggested otherwise. Does anyone really believe that Landry was trying to make a shoulder-level (LJ’s) shuffle pass to a 5’ 7” guy streaking past him 3 yards away parallel to the LOS and not looking for the ball until he reaches his normal receiving position? I know the announcers said that maybe Finch didn’t know the play that was called, so I guess the refs did know what play was really called? When do the refs attend OU’s practices? KSU was likely screwed out of another 7 points.

LMAO

yukonsooner
9/23/2012, 03:15 PM
I hope he can show more emotion to a congregation than he does to 85,000 fans. I know they aren't supposed to get to high or too low, but come on, give us something. Also how about manning up and taking responsibility for your actions? Isn't that something that the Bible endorses?

BeaSooner
9/23/2012, 03:24 PM
Where did he not man up and accept responsibility for his actions?

cccasooner2
9/23/2012, 03:32 PM

His mascara was not running down his cheeks.

goingoneight
9/23/2012, 03:50 PM

Looks like someone doesn't know what a tap-pass is. WVU runs that play a lot.

cccasooner2
9/23/2012, 04:03 PM
Looks like someone doesn't know what a tap-pass is. WVU runs that play a lot.

Are you talking to me? I don't even remember the last time I burned a couch.

Little Joe W
9/23/2012, 04:39 PM
What a bunch of whiners I can tell all of you are perfect and never have a bad day. Seems like some of the best Like Payton Manning have games where they throw 4 INTs. I also think that all the crap about his faith you would probably whine if he was a doper or drunk and getting suspended like a lot of teams have to put up with. Yes I agree that his play this year has been less than in the past but that happens and and part of being a fan is dealing with it and moving on. I've seen a whole lot worse over the years and the Sooners are still usually always in the hunt.

OUmillenium
9/23/2012, 04:48 PM
The hunt is over for this years dogs.

cccasooner2
9/23/2012, 04:57 PM
The hunt is over for this years dogs.

Not so fast my friend. Oh, f*ck it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFqq2zcZWFc

Curly Bill
9/23/2012, 04:58 PM
What a bunch of whiners I can tell all of you are perfect and never have a bad day. Seems like some of the best Like Payton Manning have games where they throw 4 INTs. I also think that all the crap about his faith you would probably whine if he was a doper or drunk and getting suspended like a lot of teams have to put up with. Yes I agree that his play this year has been less than in the past but that happens and and part of being a fan is dealing with it and moving on. I've seen a whole lot worse over the years and the Sooners are still usually always in the hunt.

Yup, because I'm pretty sure I've seen people on here claiming they were perfect and LJ pales in comparison to them. And this is a message board, its like...a place people come to express their opinions on stuff.

yankee
9/23/2012, 06:03 PM
I was as frustrated with Landry as anyone, but some of the comments about one of OUr own players are freaking pathetic.

Breadburner
9/23/2012, 06:29 PM
You don't have to play the game to know something is broke....!!

olevetonahill
9/23/2012, 06:46 PM
Landry needs to Pray for Guidance .

Little Joe W
9/23/2012, 07:25 PM
Yup, because I'm pretty sure I've seen people on here claiming they were perfect and LJ pales in comparison to them. And this is a message board, its like...a place people come to express their opinions on stuff.

Yes opinions are like a**holes everybody's got one some just stink more than others

SoonerorLater
9/23/2012, 07:33 PM
Yes opinions are like a**holes everybody's got one some just stink more than others

Thanks Joe but sometimes people get it right also.

jk the sooner fan
9/23/2012, 07:50 PM
there are some really dumb posts in this thread

FaninAma
9/23/2012, 08:29 PM
Landry is a fine young man. He will be a fine young man after he finishes his career at OU. He will reflect well on his alma mater. The premise he is an average QB doesn't take away from the fact he is a quality person. But neither does the fact he is a quality person prevent pointing out that he is an average QB.

It is what it is.

Landry will be the starting QB as long as he is healthy. Blake Bell is not the answer to OU's offensive woes.

Fraggle145
9/23/2012, 08:33 PM
If we're going to go 8-4, I'd rather not go 8-4 with a 5th year senior. Wastes everyone's time.

jk the sooner fan
9/23/2012, 08:49 PM
i dont know of any coach anywhere that sacrifices wins in a season to develop a player for the future

you play to win each week with your best players

period

benching LJ in favor of Bell simply because we "think we're going to lose X number of games" is a defeatist attitude and one that does not belong in big league sports

Fraggle145
9/24/2012, 11:00 AM
i dont know of any coach anywhere that sacrifices wins in a season to develop a player for the future

you play to win each week with your best players

period

benching LJ in favor of Bell simply because we "think we're going to lose X number of games" is a defeatist attitude and one that does not belong in big league sports

We did in 2005. Just ask ENA.

If we play like we did last week we will lose at least 3-4 more games. There is no "think" about it, we still have like 5 top 25 teams on the schedule and @ Taco Tech where we havent won since 2003. We would lose 3-4 more games with Blake Bell under center. Meaning I am not sure Landry is our best player at the position anymore. He has more talent and more developed talent than Bell, but his head is seriously immature, which makes him play at about the same level.

FtwTxSooner
9/24/2012, 12:16 PM
Hopefully LJ can find something in his life he can consistently excel at. Unfortunately for us, that is not a D1 collegiate quarterback at a top tier university. The only thing LJ is consistent at is being inconsistent. That is fine for a freshman or a soph, but he should have grown out of it by now.

jk the sooner fan
9/24/2012, 12:22 PM
what you saw in 2005 with Paul Thompson is hardly the same thing as the kind of roster/recruits, etc we have today

budbarrybob
9/24/2012, 03:07 PM

I have season tix and wanted to see a better game from LJ and the team. Didn't happen. I'm not happy. This is a Sooner football board so If i want to whine about a 4 year starter who has consistently under-performed I not only have purchased the right to cheer but the right to complain. This is an appropriate place to do both. In other words STFU k?

TheHumanAlphabet
9/24/2012, 03:13 PM
I am sure that Landry is a fine person. I just don't think he is that great QB everyone seems to think he is. He gets happy feet too quick and he gets rattled too easily by defense he doesn't like. K-State to their credit found that weakness and exploited it well. I don't think this can be coached out and I doubt he goes high in the NFL if he decides to go to the next level.

FaninAma
9/25/2012, 08:51 PM
I had a friend laugh at me when I said Landry had happy feet when he was a sophomore. He seemed to calm down that season and most of last year. When I heard he had gone to the QB guru and improved his mobility I cringed. I knew the happy feet would return.

I am still astounded that our offense doesn't use more mis-direction and counters....especially in the rush game. We are a finesse football team but it seems our running game is very simple and dependent on the RB finding non-existent creases in the opposing DL.

SoonerLB
9/26/2012, 09:55 AM
Landry needs to Pray for Guidance for his passes.

FIFY ;)

85sooners
9/26/2012, 09:58 AM

JLEW1818
1/5/2013, 11:27 AM
Yippie

jk the sooner fan
1/5/2013, 11:32 AM
i cant wait for jlew's post next year when he's criticizing the current QB and says "well at least Jones would have made that pass"

i remember how many people wanted Jason White to leave town - and the first play of the game the next season was a deep overthrown ball to Travis Lewis who was WIDE EFFING OPEN

some people dont know nearly as much about football as they think

JLEW1818
1/5/2013, 11:37 AM
I didn't mind Jones. Sam, Jason, Josh were obviously all better.

I don't mind overthrowing people. I mind, when you throw directly to a defensive players chest. I mind when you fumble the ball on your own 1 yard line for a opposing Td. This all by a 4 year starter.

jkjsooner
1/5/2013, 11:48 AM
People couldn't wait for White to leave? Maybe you found one or two but it definitely was not a common opinion by any stretch.

I know some people were excited about the extra dimension that Thompson might add but that's different.

You are right though. Thompson couldn't hit the ocean with a beach ball if it was more than 20 yards away. That's the biggest reason we lost to Boise State. We missed several wide open guys for TDs that game.

We literally went from the most deadly deep ball thrower we've had (White) to the most inaccurate.

soonergirlNeugene
1/5/2013, 12:14 PM
I thought Landry did fine last night. He looked great in the first half but our receivers, Stills in particular, chose a hell of a game to come down w/ a case of the dropsies. He made some poor choices in the second half, but that was b/c the situation had gotten rather desperate and at that point high risk/high reward choices tend to look a little more reasonable. The impression I got from our receivers to our backs was that they appeared to be playing tentatively for the large majority of the game. Guys were pulling up to avoid hits, jumping out of bounds rather than fighting for extra yards early in the third quarter, and were losing the battle for their routs. A lot of things went wrong in that game, but I don't fault Landry for any of them.

HToady
1/5/2013, 12:14 PM
Landry Jones > Tony Romo. All day Every day

SoonerLB
1/5/2013, 12:36 PM

Nope! Tony plays in the NFL, Landry will be extremely lucky if he even gets to hold a clipboard in the NFL. I doubt there are very many NFL teams willing to waste a draft choice or roster spot on a QB that has happy feet, can't run, and is scared of being hit. The pulpit should probably be his direction.

JLEW1818
1/5/2013, 12:42 PM

Nope! Tony plays in the NFL, Landry will be extremely lucky if he even gets to hold a clipboard in the NFL. I doubt there are very many NFL teams willing to waste a draft choice or roster spot on a QB that has happy feet, can't run, and is scared of being hit. The pulpit should probably be his direction.

Matt Schaub?

jk the sooner fan
1/5/2013, 01:35 PM
People couldn't wait for White to leave? Maybe you found one or two but it definitely was not a common opinion by any stretch.

I know some people were excited about the extra dimension that Thompson might add but that's different.

You are right though. Thompson couldn't hit the ocean with a beach ball if it was more than 20 yards away. That's the biggest reason we lost to Boise State. We missed several wide open guys for TDs that game.

We literally went from the most deadly deep ball thrower we've had (White) to the most inaccurate.

there were PLENTY of groans when White announced he was coming back for his last year......remember Bomar was the heir apparent waiting in the wings - everybody thought "he's more mobile, he's higher rated, blah blah blah....White can't run - he has bad knees....if White moves on we can open up our offense and be like VY at ut"

if you dont remember all that- you werent paying attention

JLEW1818
1/5/2013, 01:37 PM
Wasn't around back the message boards back then. Couldn't imagine legit not wanting a Heisman QB back?

jk the sooner fan
1/5/2013, 01:38 PM
I didn't mind Jones. Sam, Jason, Josh were obviously all better.

I don't mind overthrowing people. I mind, when you throw directly to a defensive players chest. I mind when you fumble the ball on your own 1 yard line for a opposing Td. This all by a 4 year starter.

wahhhhhhhhhhhhh, a football player fumbled the ball.......OH MY GOSH

watch professional sports - you'll see even the best of the best dropping passes, fumbling the ball, throwing interceptions.......in baseball, get this - the BEST hitters are typically hitting an average of .300......which means they fail 7 times out 10....sometimes the very best hitters strike out 4 times in a game

i mean - who would think this is even possible that human athletes have bad games or make mistakes........just unthinkable really

you're on to something with that - so i appreciate you injecting that spot of brilliance into the conversation

BRAVO!!!!!

soonercastor
1/5/2013, 01:39 PM

LOL. come on, that's as ridiculous as the OP

TUSooner
1/5/2013, 01:47 PM
I've frequently criticized LJ for not looking or acting or playing like a fighter and a winner. But where would we have been without his arm this year? He was pretty much all we had. No running game, little defense. I think we'll miss him a lot next year, but on the other hand, maybe we will have a gamer as QB or at least an offense that does more than throw.

I Am Right
1/5/2013, 01:50 PM
Yes he will, I doubt he plays a down in nfl

HToady
1/5/2013, 02:07 PM
LOL. come on, that's as ridiculous as the OP

Really? Romo was an undrafted QB from an FCS school with an 0-2 playoff record.
If you don't think Jones is starting from a "better place", you must not think much of your school.

Curly Bill
1/5/2013, 07:56 PM

LOL...not even close!

jk the sooner fan
1/5/2013, 07:57 PM
i dont think its fair to close the book on Jone's career in the nfl -especially since he hasnt been drafted

he has quarterback skills - he'll make a roster........for how long is anybody's guess

jkjsooner
1/5/2013, 09:34 PM
If Joe Webb can make a team then Jones should be able to. I bet the Vikings would like to have Jones tonight.

BajaOklahoma
1/5/2013, 11:41 PM

Landry had a pass blocked at the line of scrimmage, probably the 4th quarter. As he walked off the field, Jerry's big screen showed Landry walking off the field, jawing at Shepard. His helmet was still on, so I couldn't read his lips. But he was in Shepard's face, mouth going 90 miles an hour. My husband and I looked at each other, both of us curious what that was about since Shepard had nothing to do with the crappy pass.