PDA

View Full Version : Dropping my son off at college today

SanJoaquinSooner
9/22/2012, 10:25 AM
Going the UC Santa Cruz, baby!

I remember after about 3 days at OU my freshman year, I never wanted to leave the place. Hope he has the time of his life.

This is my first. I also have a daughter who is a high school sophomore.

Hope to be back in time to catch the second half of the OU-KSU game.

olevetonahill
9/22/2012, 10:42 AM
If ya was dropping him off at Norman , Ya could stay and watch the Game in person
Jes sayin

9/22/2012, 10:54 AM
Who are the Banana Slugs playing today?

Hope your kiddo has fun in school. Ah, college...

marfacowboy
9/22/2012, 10:56 AM
Well, talk about a liberal hotbed, that's it. Pretty good school, though. Anything in the California system is competitive. I have a friend that was an anthropology professor there for a while.
Tell him to watch out for the vampires....seriously, best of luck to your son. Be safe.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/22/2012, 09:46 PM
Before we drove onto the campus, we stopped in town for a bite to eat. While I'm sitting there eating my "signature" meatloaf sandwich, I'll be damned if I don't see a sign that this restaurant, Hoffman's Bistro, was featured on Restaurant Impossible. Fortunately I didn't see any roaches or rat ****, like you see in those restaurants before Robert Irvine kicks the *** of the owner for having such a filthy restaurant. It looked nice and organized with good service. Unfortunately, the meatloaf wasn't as good as mine, for so many reasons. Excellent made-in-house sandwich roll though.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/22/2012, 09:48 PM
Who are the Banana Slugs playing today?

Hope your kiddo has fun in school. Ah, college...

Maybe OU would have better luck trying to tackle a Banana Slug. They sure can't tackle wildcats.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/22/2012, 09:49 PM
If ya was dropping him off at Norman , Ya could stay and watch the Game in person
Jes sayin

that would have been nice, albeit, 1250 more miles of driving, each way.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/22/2012, 09:50 PM
Well, talk about a liberal hotbed, that's it. Pretty good school, though. Anything in the California system is competitive. I have a friend that was an anthropology professor there for a while.
Tell him to watch out for the vampires....seriously, best of luck to your son. Be safe.

It's a very liberal lifestyle, but more "chill" than activist.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/22/2012, 09:58 PM
His roommate is a computer engineering major - of Asian descent - from Sacramento. And a very personable guy. I felt good about that. You know his roommate will be studying his *** off all the time ... instead of being some party-all-the-time jerk off.

What is different from my day in college are the coed dorms.

Flagstaffsooner
9/23/2012, 10:52 AM
Jes sayinIf he is dumb as his dad, he couldnt get in OU.:stupid:

olevetonahill
9/23/2012, 12:41 PM
If he is dumb as his dad, he couldnt get in OU.:stupid:

Cept his Dad Grad from OU :stupid: