PDA

View Full Version : Fixin to take a Buttermilk Pie out the Oven

olevetonahill
9/20/2012, 09:43 PM
Dayum you Curly Bill, At least I used Splenda stead of sugar.
Dayum them things is good

olevetonahill
9/20/2012, 09:54 PM
Lets see if I did this Pic right

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg62/scaled.php?server=62&filename=002gio.jpg&res=crop

olevetonahill
9/20/2012, 09:55 PM
Cool, Ima fixin to have me a wedge of that an a Big ole cold glass of milk

diverdog
9/20/2012, 10:31 PM
Can you post the recipe? I might try it in a dutch oven on a campout.

How do you fix your okra?

Breadburner
9/20/2012, 10:33 PM
Don't stick yer dick in it quite yet...!!

olevetonahill
9/20/2012, 11:13 PM
Can you post the recipe? I might try it in a dutch oven on a campout.

How do you fix your okra?

I been grilling the Okra all year, Aint fried a bit
I take a Baggie pour in a bit of Vinegar and some Olive oil, Mix whatever spices I want in with it Add the whole Okra pods and shake em up. Let em sit in it and turn the bag over from time to time till every thing else is almost done on the grill , Toss the Okra on the grill let it cook for a few minutes on each side and enjoy

The BM Pie Is Curly Bills Recipe
Its 1an 1/2 cups sugar I use splenda
1 cup Butter milk , If ya dont wanta buy BM ya can add some Vinegar or Lemon to regular milk (Look it up on Google)
1/2 cup Bisquick
3 eggs
1/3 cup melted butter
Teaspoon of Vanilla

Mix all that crap together real good, Pour it in a Store bot Pie shell and bake it at 350 for 50 minutes er so
Its some Good stuff
I use store bot shells cause they so much easier, Plus My Counters are never clear enough to give me room to roll out a good Pie crust from scratch

Flagstaffsooner
9/21/2012, 03:35 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?171011-Over-2-3rds-of-Oklahomans-to-be-obese-by-2030

Curly Bill
9/21/2012, 07:21 AM
The buttermilk pie is some goooood eatin! Haven't made one in a while, but it might be bout time.

olevetonahill
9/21/2012, 07:23 AM
The buttermilk pie is some goooood eatin! Haven't made one in a while, but it might be bout time.

Dayum skippy.
Hey Flag, **** you :stupid:

C&CDean
9/21/2012, 08:54 AM
So there's no fruit or chocolate or anything but buttermilk? Sounds nasty.

olevetonahill
9/21/2012, 08:58 AM

Get Momma to make ya one. Its good stuff bro

Turd_Ferguson
9/21/2012, 09:04 AM
Get Momma to make ya one. Its good stuff broI'll 2nd that...

Curly Bill
9/21/2012, 09:14 AM

I can't believe an old hand like yourself isn't familiar with buttermilk pie?? You owe it to yourself to give it a shot.

Turd_Ferguson
9/21/2012, 09:54 AM
I can't believe an old hand like yourself isn't familiar with buttermilk pie?? You owe it to yourself to give it a shot.I'll have to say, I grew up on biscuits and simple syrup. Hell, I didn't know what maple syrup was until around the age of 10. That's what the buttermilk pie reminds me of, Grandma's biscuits with simple syrup...Mmmmm.

olevetonahill
9/21/2012, 10:21 AM
I'll have to say, I grew up on biscuits and simple syrup. Hell, I didn't know what maple syrup was until around the age of 10. That's what the buttermilk pie reminds me of, Grandma's biscuits with simple syrup...Mmmmm.

Hell My Mom made our syrup with sugar water boiled down and then added Maple flavoring

C&CDean
9/21/2012, 11:43 AM
You lucky ****ers got syrup? We got bacon fat and sometimes if we were lucky some peanut butter or butter. Never really bothered me though cause I really don't have a sweet tooth and could care less for pancakes/french toast/etc.

Breadburner
9/21/2012, 12:26 PM
It will make your stecker pick out.....!!!

tator
9/21/2012, 02:26 PM
The redneck is strong in this thread.

Turd_Ferguson
9/21/2012, 06:32 PM
Hell My Mom made our syrup with sugar water boiled down and then added Maple flavoringWater + Sugar boiled down = Simple syrup. We couldn't afford no maple flavoring.

MamaMia
9/21/2012, 08:01 PM
That buttermilk pie is so good. I might make one for Thanksgiving. Its been a long time since I've had some. I always have to make two pies of any kind around here. My Granny would make old fashioned unsweetened cornbread to go with our pinto beans. We would usually have buttermilk pie for dessert, but my Grandpa would crumble cornbread into a glass of buttermilk with salt and pepper and eat it with a spoon. It looked horrible, but he really liked it.

I love maple syrup but I like the cheapie grade. To me, it has more flavor, plus its thicker. I also like it in my large cut old fashioned oatmeal when I'm out of applesauce. I'll bet I know at least 50 different ways to garnish oatmeal. :D

olevetonahill
9/21/2012, 08:58 PM
I never cared for Butter milk just to drank But love cookin with it

As for Cornbread an milk I still do that and Yes I make my corn bread from scratch

bluedogok
9/21/2012, 10:40 PM
I wasn't sure about it but tried a slice at the cafe in the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum out in the Texas Hill Country, it was some good stuff. The Rudy's BBQ in Colorado Springs has it at times, it's funny to listen to some of the people in line who have never heard of buttermilk pie.

olevetonahill
9/21/2012, 10:52 PM
I wasn't sure about it but tried a slice at the cafe in the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum out in the Texas Hill Country, it was some good stuff. The Rudy's BBQ in Colorado Springs has it at times, it's funny to listen to some of the people in line who have never heard of buttermilk pie.

I'd never heard of it till Curly posted the recipe and talked me into trying it
I made it last night, Theres a 1/3 of it left tonight :congratulatory:

Curly Bill
9/21/2012, 10:59 PM
I'd never heard of it till Curly posted the recipe and talked me into trying it
I made it last night, Theres a 1/3 of it left tonight :congratulatory:

Just one of the great things I've done for humanity!

olevetonahill
9/21/2012, 11:09 PM
Just one of the great things I've done for humanity!

Ya dint do my Blood sugar count any good tho, ya bastid :congratulatory:

Chuck Bao
9/21/2012, 11:26 PM
My uncle bakes buttermilk pies for most family occasions. He claims that he uses his mother's recipe from the Great Depression era. So I guess that it was and still is an Okie thing.

9/22/2012, 06:14 AM
Back in my day, we got dirt. But it was red dirt, and we liked it. Some years on our birthday, they would sprinkle grass seed or corn kernels on it.

GDC
9/22/2012, 06:24 PM

The Rudy's in Norman has it every day.

bluedogok
9/22/2012, 07:16 PM
I don't recall it being on the menu at the Rudy's in Austin in the 9 years that I went there. The one in the Springs does have peach cobbler and banana pudding all the time.

GDC
9/22/2012, 10:42 PM
I don't recall it being on the menu at the Rudy's in Austin in the 9 years that I went there. The one in the Springs does have peach cobbler and banana pudding all the time.

You're right, it says on their website menu selections vary by location.

http://www.rudysbbq.com/page/menu?changed=1

I like vinegar, buttermilk, chess, custard, all those types of pies.

bluedogok
9/22/2012, 11:20 PM
Yeah, the Springs location has some different sides and meats than the ones in Austin or San Antonio.