PDA

View Full Version : Just for Badger, A sooner question Thread

olevetonahill
9/20/2012, 09:40 AM
How do we find out what is airing and when On this here new Sooner Network?
Oh and what channel is this on?
If its just all Fox channels then it aint really a Network is it .

badger
9/20/2012, 09:58 AM
Let's expand this into "HOW CAN I SEE/HEAR ABOUT MY BELOVED SOONERS?!"

Radio and TV affiliates are listed here. (http://www.soonersports.com/ot/radio-tv-affiliates.html)

Sooner Sports TV has a site setup right here. (http://www.soonersports.tv/) It is completely free right now, according to SS.com. So, if you missed anything, go there. It also shows live stuff for free currently. If anyone wants to guinea pig it for the rest of us, much appreciated!

According to SS.com, that is the site to view everything live. A schedule for everything that it will broadcast (that may also be picked up by TV, not sure and there's no set schedule on when/where that stuff is broadcast to my knowledge) is here. (http://www.soonersports.com/ot/webcasts.html)

But, that's not the answer you are seeking, so let me try again: Most of this stuff will be on Fox Sports Southwest, right? So here's their TV schedule right here. (http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pages/tvlistings) You will have to enter your zip code, cable provider, etc. but that only took me a few seconds.

Here are a few upcoming Sooner-related events on FS:Southwest: (times Oklahoma time)

- 10 a.m. Saturday: Sooners Football Pregame Show (Live HD)
- 1 p.m. Sunday: OU Soccer: Texas at Oklahoma (Live HD)
- Noon Monday: OU Sooner Football Press Conference (Live HD)
- 10:30 p.m. Tuesday: Sooner Sports Pad (HD)

So, there you go. Hopefully they'll centralize this info somewhere if they haven't already but till then, this will suffice hopefully :)

ouflak
9/20/2012, 10:46 AM
Can you tell us more about this 'vBookie' stuff I keep hearing about?
How does it work?
What can we bet on?

badger
9/20/2012, 10:50 AM
vCash

Your poker face doesn't work when you're flashing everyone your hand.

MamaMia
9/20/2012, 11:24 AM
What do you do when you run out of vcash?

ouflak
9/20/2012, 11:29 AM
Let's expand this into "HOW CAN I SEE/HEAR ABOUT MY BELOVED SOONERS?!"
Sooner Sports TV has a site setup right here. (http://www.soonersports.tv/) It is completely free right now, according to SS.com. So, if you missed anything, go there. It also shows live stuff for free currently. If anyone wants to guinea pig it for the rest of us, much appreciated!

I've already viewed some of the content. Pretty standard with what you could get with the All-Access account, streaming of highlights, press conferences, and that sort of thing. I couldn't find anywhere where they are showing the full games quarter-by-quarter, but that may just be coming later or still All-Access only at the moment. For those of us who have the All-Access accounts, there doesn't seem to be any information available as to who will have which content, or if the All-Access thing is simply being superseded (or somehow merged?) by Soonersports.tv.

You can sign up for an email notification and have the first 3 months free. They will send a promo code when the online component starts going full steam. I would love it if there was a possibility to finally stream football and basketball games live irrespective of whether the game is shown locally or on a network in the U.S.. (This is something that is possible with Texas and its LHN sort of.) I would pay handsomely for that ability, and it would trump anything else any other school offers and widely broaden the ability of people around the world to see OU sports. But we will just have to see what they do and how they do it.

One thing to note, the archived video is not cached. :( So you really better have a decent broadband connection, and hope that their network is fairly robust, to see it uninterrupted. Hopefully they will reconsider this.

badger
9/20/2012, 11:49 AM
What do you do when you run out of vcash?

vWelfare kicks in when you are at zero. Everytime we settle an event, everyone with zero vCash received 500 vCash in vWelfare.

8timechamps
9/20/2012, 11:52 AM
I "signed up" for a membership, but haven't received anything via email. Anyone else have this happen? It does say on the site that the network is "launching later this fall".

badger
9/20/2012, 02:27 PM
I "signed up" for a membership, but haven't received anything via email. Anyone else have this happen? It does say on the site that the network is "launching later this fall".

I haven't tried yet, might try tonite during thursday night fooseball. Should I watch my fantasy team fail or bois estate fall to the mormons?

8timechamps
9/20/2012, 03:23 PM
I haven't tried yet, might try tonite during thursday night fooseball. Should I watch my fantasy team fail or bois estate fall to the mormons?

Let me know if you get an email after you sign up (it doesn't cost anything btw). If it helps you any, I'm watching the BYU/Smurf game.

deweydw
9/20/2012, 03:59 PM
Where can I get an OU ring tone?

hawaii 5-0
9/20/2012, 06:26 PM
Can I take out a vLoan?

Say, 50 Million.

5-0

PLaw
9/20/2012, 07:37 PM
Where's the tailgate?

Oh yeah, it got retired. Never made one, but I loved hearing the legendary stories.

Bummer

badger
9/20/2012, 08:40 PM
Ou ringtones? I recommend getting a normal phone-sounding tone, not something crazy that draws attention to you when your phone rings.

So i just saved you time hehe

OU_Sooners75
9/20/2012, 09:11 PM
Badg....now that you're a mommy, and you have grown into that role quite well....when are you going to get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich? I'm hoongrie!

And where is NormanPride? Did he starve waitin on his sammich?

Heh... :P

badger
9/21/2012, 09:13 AM
Fast food places now make sammiches faster and cheaper than any woman. Get your arse down to McDonald's for their dollar menu specials if you want a sammich.