PDA

View Full Version : King on Playing "Inside"

marfacowboy
9/20/2012, 07:56 AM
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/blog/colleges/oklahoma/post?id=13769)

http://d6673sr63mbv7.cloudfront.net/archive/x1636936038/g0a0000000000000000d7d0f90774a00b37da706deb1d01c9d c02dd28ec.jpg

Playing inside hasn’t been easy for David King (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/377846/david-king).

The senior defensive end moved to defensive tackle for Oklahoma’s first two games this season after Casey Walker (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/377857/casey-walker) was out due to personal issues and Stacy McGee (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/377848/stacy-mcgee) was suspended indefinitely.

King feels undersized for the position and admitted he was “knocked off the ball” a couple of times against UTEP. It’s been a major adjustment for him to move inside.

“It’s a war,” King said. “You have to worry about the guy in front of you and worry about the tackle coming down on you. IT’s the most physically demanding position on the field.”

King has played well early for OU, however. He has five tackles, two quarterback hurries and one sack this season.

Breadburner
9/20/2012, 08:12 AM
Did he mention if the chemicals used on the natural grass field were affecting his game...??? If not, could you please look into that....TIA....!

olevetonahill
9/20/2012, 08:46 AM
Did he mention if the chemicals used on the natural grass field were affecting his game...??? If not, could you please look into that....TIA....!

No but surely they are devastating to amphibian populations

marfacowboy
9/20/2012, 09:09 AM

Thanks for the relevant contribution to the thread.

C&CDean
9/20/2012, 09:10 AM
Did anybody else think "Switzer comments on playing in indoor stadiums" when they saw the thread title?

olevetonahill
9/20/2012, 09:16 AM
Did anybody else think "Switzer comments on playing in indoor stadiums" when they saw the thread title?

Yup

C&CDean
9/20/2012, 09:17 AM
Great minds and all...

olevetonahill
9/20/2012, 09:22 AM
Great minds and all...

Well yea , We both Racist Homophobes also :congratulatory:

C&CDean
9/20/2012, 10:24 AM
Yeah, that's what I hear. Meh.

olevetonahill
9/20/2012, 10:27 AM
Yeah, that's what I hear. Meh.

Did ya lose much sleep over being called that?
Yea Me neither :strawberry:

PLaw
9/20/2012, 07:30 PM

I thought we were going to hear about Barry's days at Arky as an OG.

There is "the King" and then there is David King. No offense, David.

Boomer

KantoSooner
9/21/2012, 11:16 AM
Vet, you're a racist homophobe?!? And here I thought you were a whiskyphilic ridge runner. Now I'm going to have to cancel introducing you to this cute llittle Texarkana transvestite who seemed just right for you.
Best laid plans of mice and men and all that.
Damn.

marfacowboy
9/21/2012, 12:23 PM
Jeez...try to contribute something football oriented and this is the response?
lulz....

Breadburner
9/21/2012, 12:24 PM
lulz....

Ya going to take your ball and go home...???

C&CDean
9/21/2012, 12:35 PM
lulz....

Considering the source, I'd say we did damn well.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/21/2012, 12:39 PM
lulz....

Do or do not. There is no try.

KantoSooner
9/21/2012, 12:49 PM
"Sustained whimsy"

It's a way of life.

marfacowboy
9/21/2012, 01:14 PM
Ya going to take your ball and go home...???

Na, rehab is for quitters. I choose to stay around and enjoy the place. You folks are actually quite entertaining. I like most folks. Even the people that call me a leftist, *******, dumb****, mother****er, *****, idiot, etc. I'd probably still buy 'em a beer if given the chance. No one acts that way in person. It's interesting to see what people turn into on the Internet.
I just wish there was more Sooner football discussion.

marfacowboy
9/21/2012, 01:15 PM

If it's a decent Sooner football story, the source should be irrelevant.

MountainOkie
9/21/2012, 01:19 PM
Vet, you're a racist homophobe?!? And here I thought you were a whiskyphilic ridge runner. Now I'm going to have to cancel introducing you to this cute llittle Texarkana transvestite who seemed just right for you.
Damn.

That would make a great title for a hilarious country song.

Breadburner
9/21/2012, 02:03 PM
Na, rehab is for quitters. I choose to stay around and enjoy the place. You folks are actually quite entertaining. I like most folks. Even the people that call me a leftist, *******, dumb****, mother****er, *****, idiot, etc. I'd probably still buy 'em a beer if given the chance. No one acts that way in person. It's interesting to see what people turn into on the Internet.

Melt-down in progress....!

SunnySooner
9/21/2012, 02:27 PM

Thank you. Thought it was just me.

olevetonahill
9/21/2012, 03:03 PM
Damn.

Oh Hell, Ya dint know?
Im ambidextrous I can go either way

olevetonahill
9/21/2012, 03:04 PM
lulz....

I Laughed

olevetonahill
9/21/2012, 03:09 PM
lulz....

I aint never ever Called you any of those things Well mebe a Leftist
The rest just aint true atall
Now I did say you be a Pompous , Know it All condescendin Prick :congratulatory:

swardboy
9/21/2012, 03:13 PM
:pop:

marfacowboy
9/21/2012, 03:28 PM
Melt-down in progress....!

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/44a/b0a/e0d/resized/tyrone-meme-generator-huh-say-what-f62524.jpeg?1332250725.jpg

marfacowboy
9/21/2012, 03:29 PM
I aint never ever Called you any of those things Well mebe a Leftist
The rest just aint true atall
Now I did say you be a Pompous , Know it All condescendin Prick :congratulatory:

Dadgumit, olevet. I apologize for leaving out most of your condescending names and descriptions of me! And you're my favorite!

olevetonahill
9/21/2012, 03:45 PM
Dadgumit, olevet. I apologize for leaving out most of your condescending names and descriptions of me! And you're my favorite!

Aw Shucks
http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/ADVG/684.jpg