PDA

View Full Version : The Middle East erupts and White House homebrew

Mazeppa
9/19/2012, 08:26 PM
September 19, 2012
As Middle East erupts in anti-American demonstrations, Obama talks with Letterman about White House homebrew
Thomas Lifson

It's time to discard "Forward." as the Obama campaign slogan and replace it with "What, me worry?" The Obama outreach to the Muslim world has collapsed in flames and the economy is accelerating toward the fiscal cliff, but Barack Obama, who had no time to meet with Benjamin Netanyahu, went on David Letterman to talk about the purported home brew honey beer being produced at the White House.

As the president must know from his youth spent in Indonesia, alcohol consumption is haram - unclean and forbidden. But it turns out that independent voters are beer drinkers, so the man who bemoaned the price of arugula in Iowa during his first campaign for president now poses as a beer drinkin' guy, juist an ordinary joe (with a taste for waguy beef).

Oddly enough, when Letterman asked him if the home brewing was legal, Obama responded, "I don't know." (video here)

Am I the only person who finds this stunning? That the president of the United States who has added thousands of pages of regulatory hell for businesses blithely ignores regulations when his own activities are involved sets an odd example. As it happens, the regulations are pretty clear and simple: Americans are allowed up to 100 gallons a year of untaxed home brewed beer. Given his athletic frame, it is almost inconceivable that Obama has drunk anywhere near 100 gallons of beer. In fact, I seriously doubt he drinks much beer at all, and that he has anything to do with the actual brewing of the beer, other than perhaps initialing a memo recommending the brew program as part of his image management strategy.

The more fundamental problem is Obama is presenting the image on an un serious president, too busy with watching football on TV, golfing, and raising money to attend to intelligence briefings, and carry out his vast responsibilities. The real question is: who is running the country?

TitoMorelli
9/19/2012, 08:47 PM
September 19, 2012
As Middle East erupts in anti-American demonstrations, Obama talks with Letterman about White House homebrew
Thomas Lifson

It's time to discard "Forward." as the Obama campaign slogan and replace it with "What, me worry?"

http://bp3.blogger.com/_orkXxp0bhEA/SJg3pCQZ0dI/AAAAAAAAIEM/Lp_wau9jHhI/s400/080805-mad-magazine-cover.jpg

Soonerjeepman
9/19/2012, 09:37 PM
I think it was Vet who had a thread on here for the libs about "what about obama makes ya say...I like him"...or something to that affect. There was actually a few folks saying exactly what you were saying..."we can play 3/3 basketball with him....sit down and have a beer and watch a football game...he's a regular guy..."...and that qualifies him for President...

oh the irony...lol

also he had time for Letterman but not the PM of Israel...nice.

soonercruiser
9/20/2012, 11:47 AM
I think it was Vet who had a thread on here for the libs about "what about obama makes ya say...I like him"...or something to that affect. There was actually a few folks saying exactly what you were saying..."we can play 3/3 basketball with him....sit down and have a beer and watch a football game...he's a regular guy..."...and that qualifies him for President...

oh the irony...lol

also he had time for Letterman but not the PM of Israel...nice.

THIS^^^^
The Amateur!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/SoonerCruiser_photos/Political/ObamaonLateNightTV_zps6756f65e.gif

Soonerjeepman
9/20/2012, 12:24 PM
lol...nice,

KABOOKIE
9/20/2012, 10:13 PM
Amateur is right. Bush>>>Obama