PDA

View Full Version : Ok The way I see it

olevetonahill
9/18/2012, 09:11 PM
This Country is a Train that is fast assed headin for a Head on collision with a another fast moving train , I think we can all agree with that

Now we have a choice come November as to who will be in charge of this train . Who is gonna say Add more Coal to the fire Box ? Who will say Oh ****, And grab the brakes to try and keep damage to a Minimum ?:emptiness:

Sooner5030
9/18/2012, 09:19 PM
It would be disastrous for the pubs to be in charge of the executive and legislative branch when reset occurs. They would pay a political price for decades...probably have to change the name of the party.

There is nothing that will change the course we are on...not because of Romney or Obama...but because there is no way the herd would accept the true costs of fixing the revenue-expenditure gap.

No one person could get elected if they told the mob they were gonna charge them more in taxes and provide them less intervention to make up for past excesses. Oh...also by closing that gap it will cause a calculated recession.....of course you cant explain to the average joe that our natural level of GDP is about $1 trillion less than the deficit induced level reported.

diverdog
9/18/2012, 09:26 PM
It would be disastrous for the pubs to be in charge of the executive and legislative branch when reset occurs. They would pay a political price for decades...probably have to change the name of the party.

There is nothing that will change the course we are on...not because of Romney or Obama...but because there is no way the herd would accept the true costs of fixing the revenue-expenditure gap.

No one person could get elected if they told the mob they were gonna charge them more in taxes and provide them less intervention to make up for past excesses. Oh...also by closing that gap it will cause a calculated recession.....of course you cant explain to the average joe that our natural level of GDP is about $1 trillion less than the deficit induced level reported.

Of course there is that old question....do deficits matter? Especially when most of the money is owed to ourselves. Most nations do not fret over the debt/deficit like the US.

rock on sooner
9/18/2012, 09:34 PM
Of course there is that old question....do deficits matter? Especially when most of the money is owed to ourselves. Most nations do not fret over the debt/deficit like the US.

Well, Cheney said that Reagan proved that "deficits don't matter." So, here we are...

Sooner5030
9/18/2012, 09:39 PM

Deficits and debt matter to me......the increase cost of servicing the new debt takes away from discretionary spending. If rates increase we will be in a very bad position. If the FRN ever comes close to losing its reserve status we will be in a very bad position. The one thing helping the FRN is that so many other States use fiat and are borrowing just as much.

A lot of the debt is owned by pension and retirement accounts.......yep people investing other people's money. There is no way in hell a prudent person would review the Audited Consolidated Financial Statements of the US Government and decide "man.....I want to invest in those debt securities!"

diverdog
9/18/2012, 09:44 PM
Deficits and debt matter to me......the increase cost of servicing the new debt takes away from discretionary spending. If rates increase we will be in a very bad position. If the FRN ever comes close to losing its reserve status we will be in a very bad position. The one thing helping the FRN is that so many other States use fiat and are borrowing just as much.

A lot of the debt is owned by pension and retirement accounts.......yep people investing other people's money. There is no way in hell a prudent person would review the Audited Consolidated Financial Statements of the US Government and decide "man.....I want to invest in those debt securities!"

Yes but again most of the debt is held by the US. I think only 8% is held by China. On top of that where else would you invest your money. We go down then everyone goes down.

Sooner5030
9/18/2012, 09:52 PM
Yes but again most of the debt is held by the US. I think only 8% is held by China. On top of that where else would you invest your money. We go down then everyone goes down.

This theory ends when the population curve changes and liquidation rate for alot of those pensions and retirement accounts increases. Most of the money we've pumped into the economy has been digital and it has been financialized (invested in debt or equity). That's kept inflation low (except for stocks) compared to if those FRNs were used for consumption and it also provided the money needed to keep demand for securities artificially high. But it cant last forever....and the moment that worm turns we could be in for biflation, government default, and a depression.

olevetonahill
9/18/2012, 09:59 PM
So Yall Libs believe this shat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkhTA6MQ3BQ

diverdog
9/18/2012, 10:46 PM
This theory ends when the population curve changes and liquidation rate for alot of those pensions and retirement accounts increases. Most of the money we've pumped into the economy has been digital and it has been financialized (invested in debt or equity). That's kept inflation low (except for stocks) compared to if those FRNs were used for consumption and it also provided the money needed to keep demand for securities artificially high. But it cant last forever....and the moment that worm turns we could be in for biflation, government default, and a depression.

I do not think there is much we can do about it. Every currency eventually goes to zero anyway.....we are no different than anyone else. The world has been built on a succession of debts and defaults. My guess is that the US will probably restructure, renege on the debts and move on.

Our only true option if we are going to save our currency is to really grow the economy or allow unlimited immigration .

hawaii 5-0
9/19/2012, 12:00 AM
Is it possible to get a petition on a national initiative ballot that makes Term Limits for Congress?

5-0

olevetonahill
9/19/2012, 12:08 AM
I do not think there is much we can do about it. Every currency eventually goes to zero anyway.....we are no different than anyone else. The world has been built on a succession of debts and defaults. My guess is that the US will probably restructure, renege on the debts and move on.

Our only true option if we are going to save our currency is to really grow the economy or allow unlimited immigration .

DD, Do you really believe that ?

soonercruiser
9/19/2012, 02:12 PM
Well, Cheney said that Reagan proved that "deficits don't matter." So, here we are...

And Obama agrees! So, he doubles it...and...
So, here we are.