PDA

View Full Version : A plea to fans going to the KSU game

8timechamps
9/18/2012, 05:11 PM
GET LOUD!

Tell your friends, the people you tailgate with, and the folks sitting close to you to do the same.

Yesterday, Coach Stoops said (in reference to how loud the fans were in 2008 versus Tech) "If it can't be that way every Saturday, maybe it can be that way this Saturday."

So, if you're going to the game, yell a little louder for those that can't be there.

tycat947
9/18/2012, 05:38 PM
GET LOUD!

Tell your friends, the people you tailgate with, and the folks sitting close to you to do the same.

Yesterday, Coach Stoops said (in reference to how loud the fans were in 2008 versus Tech) "If it can't be that way every Saturday, maybe it can be that way this Saturday."

So, if you're going to the game, yell a little louder for those that can't be there.

+1!!!

olevetonahill
9/18/2012, 06:20 PM
Yup. If the crowed gets into it like they did against Tech Id bet everything I have On OU

85sooners
9/18/2012, 06:22 PM
:beaten:

pappy
9/18/2012, 07:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doIMMfb47s4

marfacowboy
9/18/2012, 07:40 PM
From Jake Trotter, ESPN:

NORMAN, Okla. -- Before Oklahoma’s game with second-ranked Texas Tech in 2008, Bob Stoops called out the crowd for not being intimidating. After the reprimand, the OU crowd “jumped around” the entire night as the Sooners rolled 65-21.

Monday during the introductory comments of his press conference, Stoops noted that “hopefully, our crowd will engage” for Saturday’s game against Kansas State.

Was that him calling out the crowd again?

“I don’t need to comment on that,” Stoops replied. “People got pretty sore at me” back in 2008.

Stoops, however, went on to say, “You’d like to see them like that every Saturday.

“But if you can’t be that way every Saturday, be that way this Saturday.”

MamaMia
9/18/2012, 08:33 PM
If Stoops wants it loud this Saturday, thats good enough reason for me.

yukonsooner
9/18/2012, 09:00 PM
Don't have a problem with getting loud. That said if we go 3 & out on the first possession (like the first two games) I'm afraid the loud will be gone, just saying

MamaMia
9/18/2012, 09:15 PM
Don't have a problem with getting loud. That said if we go 3 & out on the first possession (like the first two games) I'm afraid the loud will be gone, just saying The crowd is going to be crazy loud before the first play of the game. No way we're going 3 and out. :D

Collier11
9/18/2012, 09:29 PM
Lets face it, a lot of fans of our beloved OU are fair weather titty babies that cant be out if it is too hot, too cold, too loud, or if they have to stand up and cheer. Our fans consistently disappoint me. I realize we arent as crazY inbred retarded like most SEC fans, but we could show a little passion without having to have our coach ask for it

5noubus
9/18/2012, 09:45 PM
The crowd for the opener was just strange. Flat. People stared when I got loud- Seems like the stadium was full of people that had never been to an Ou game.
Ready for a good exciting game! My clan will be there and be loud.

rainiersooner
9/18/2012, 11:43 PM
I will be loud in front of my tv in Seattle. Not sure that helps though.

olevetonahill
9/18/2012, 11:55 PM

Caint Hurt Bro, Caint hurt

PrideMom
9/19/2012, 08:30 AM
I wish they would give out the boom sticks, they really are loud!! Plus they are fun....

badger
9/19/2012, 08:48 AM
I wish they would give out the boom sticks, they really are loud!! Plus they are fun....

They gave out boom sticks during a 2001 game my freshman year. Alas, I was in band, so the drum major was yelling at us for playing with our boom sticks instead of our instruments. Tee hee.

MamaMia
9/19/2012, 08:51 AM
I've been to some games when even the tea sippers up in the club got crazy loud, so I know it can be done. :D

That lighted screen that goes around the stadium was wild, and the announcer was really pumping people up too. That played a part.

C&CDean
9/19/2012, 08:52 AM
Lets face it, a lot of fans of our beloved OU are fair weather titty babies that cant be out if it is too hot, too cold, too loud, or if they have to stand up and cheer. Our fans consistently disappoint me. I realize we arent as crazY inbred retarded like most SEC fans, but we could show a little passion without having to have our coach ask for it

+1. How bad is it when we have to beg for people to be loud at a football game? I mean other than the guys who scream "**** you Stoops you *******, what kinda play was that crap?!!??" Meh.

BigTip
9/19/2012, 09:09 AM
Lets face it, a lot of fans of our beloved OU are fair weather, spoiled, titty babies that cant be out if it is too hot, too cold, too loud, or if they have to stand up and cheer.
Fixed it for you.
When you are so use to success, as we are so fortunate to be, it is more difficult to get "up" for every game. Bob reminding the fans to cheer can't hurt.

badger
9/19/2012, 09:17 AM
As long as you brought up Bob's call-in show, can everyone on here vow to not be one of those ramble on-and-on fans like Earl of OKC last night that they just cut off because they could sense long windedness coming on?

Yes, we all love Bob Stoops. Yes, Bob Stoops is a wonderful role model, daddy, husband, coach, etc. Yes, we are big football fans. YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY IT LONG WINDED-LIKE FOR MINUTES ON THE AIR. Just ask your question and let another caller have their turn and loving Stoops for minutes unending :(

MamaMia
9/19/2012, 10:26 AM
+1. How bad is it when we have to beg for people to be loud at a football game? I mean other than the guys who scream "**** you Stoops you *******, what kinda play was that crap?!!??" Meh. We have a guy like that in our section 2 rows below us. I swear, sometimes I really want to tell him to put a sock in it. Hes also a real arrogant jerk. I completely ignore him. Sometimes some former players who were kickers sit right below him. I'm surprised they haven't even told him to STFU but they high five him when he holds his hands up at them after we make a TD.

SoonerAtKU
9/19/2012, 10:31 AM
Seriously. Look, objectively, you get a better view of the game watching on TV. You can see replays, close-ups, slo-mo, etc. You go to a game to be a part of the shared experience. The tailgate, walking the campus, seeing friends and alumni, cheering in the crowd. Why the hell would you go through all the hassle and expense of going to a game just to sit on your *** and pretend you're on your couch?!?

Get loud or get out.

Oh, but don't be a moran. Again, you're not at home, and nobody wants to hear your armchair analysis of why someone sucks.

C&CDean
9/19/2012, 10:40 AM
Seriously. Look, objectively, you get a better view of the game watching on TV. You can see replays, close-ups, slo-mo, etc. You go to a game to be a part of the shared experience. The tailgate, walking the campus, seeing friends and alumni, cheering in the crowd. Why the hell would you go through all the hassle and expense of going to a game just to sit on your *** and pretend you're on your couch?!?

Get loud or get out.

Oh, but don't be a moran. Again, you're not at home, and nobody wants to hear your armchair analysis of why someone sucks.

Who are you, and what have you done with SooneratKU? Nice jorb.

badger
9/19/2012, 10:43 AM

There was one guy near me in the early aughts that would say nothing but "It's not Nate's fault!" That was annoying too, even if I felt bad for the chastising Nate was endlessly receiving.

At least Nate won the Big 12 and was Rose Bowl MVP. I doubt any other Sooner will achieve that any time soon, if for no other reason than the Rose Bowl wants Oklahomans back as much as Californians wanted us during the Dust Bowl :P

TAFBSooner
9/19/2012, 10:55 AM
. . .the Rose Bowl wants Oklahomans back as much as Californians wanted us during the Dust Bowl :P

To Ed Sullivan and the Rose Bowl: Too Bad So Sad. :D

8timechamps
9/19/2012, 01:31 PM
As long as you brought up Bob's call-in show, can everyone on here vow to not be one of those ramble on-and-on fans like Earl of OKC last night that they just cut off because they could sense long windedness coming on?

Yes, we all love Bob Stoops. Yes, Bob Stoops is a wonderful role model, daddy, husband, coach, etc. Yes, we are big football fans. YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY IT LONG WINDED-LIKE FOR MINUTES ON THE AIR. Just ask your question and let another caller have their turn and loving Stoops for minutes unending :(

Ugh, that was brutal. In fact, most of the callers where pretty brutal. I kept thinking "I don't know how Bob can stay interested and upbeat for this". The best part of the show was when he said "I don't understand why people watch this, it seems boring, I wouldn't watch it". Then he quickly backtracked with "I do understand though".

Oh yeah, GET LOUD!

UberSooner
9/19/2012, 01:39 PM
I see a lot of fan bashing on here sometimes and I just scratch my head. We sell out every home game to the tune of near 90,000 people. The cross stadium yell of BOOMER! SOONER! can be heard in west Norman. We pay more money for season tickets every year and don't biatch even though I hate the fact that so many games have been moved to prime time. I can think of maybe 10-15 universities that can boast a similar fan base. I think OU fans as a whole are some of the best in the country. I don't have a problem calling the crowd out to be loud, but the whole spoiled titty baby stuff is just ignorant. We have great fans.

BigTip
9/19/2012, 05:41 PM
We have great fans.
"Loyal" and "boisterous" are two different parts to being great fans.
The loyalty part is not in question.

C&CDean
9/19/2012, 07:45 PM
"Loyal" and "boisterous" are two different parts to being great fans.
The loyalty part is not in question.

You have snatched the pebble from my hand grasshoppah...

To me, "loyalty" is not just how many years in a row you've held your season tickets or how many games we've allegedly "sold out." It's more like how many years in a row have you shown up and screamed yourself hoarse. Seriously, if you leave an OU football game without sore hands from clapping/high-fiving, and a mild-to-severe case of laryngitis you may as well sell your tickets. Why bother? Like so many have so much more eloquently stated.

Spoiled tittay baby? WGAS? Just get ****ing loud, and save your "**** you Heupel you POS inbred son of a bitch!!" comments for your drunk buddies in the man cave. That's all I ask. As a fan.

nighttrain12
9/20/2012, 12:09 AM
The crowd for the opener was just strange. Flat. People stared when I got loud- Seems like the stadium was full of people that had never been to an Ou game.
Ready for a good exciting game! My clan will be there and be loud.

It's kind of hard though to get excited playing Florida A&M.

SoonerAtKU
9/20/2012, 02:47 AM
Who are you, and what have you done with SooneratKU? Nice jorb.

These are the ties that bind, Dean my man.

UberSooner
9/20/2012, 10:14 AM
You have snatched the pebble from my hand grasshoppah...

To me, "loyalty" is not just how many years in a row you've held your season tickets or how many games we've allegedly "sold out." It's more like how many years in a row have you shown up and screamed yourself hoarse. Seriously, if you leave an OU football game without sore hands from clapping/high-fiving, and a mild-to-severe case of laryngitis you may as well sell your tickets. Why bother? Like so many have so much more eloquently stated.

Spoiled tittay baby? WGAS? Just get ****ing loud, and save your "**** you Heupel you POS inbred son of a bitch!!" comments for your drunk buddies in the man cave. That's all I ask. As a fan.

Yeah, because anybody that doesn't meet your definition of a good fan shouldn't be at the game. I didn't realize your Admin powers were so all encompassing.

C&CDean
9/20/2012, 10:16 AM
Yeah, because anybody that doesn't meet your definition of a good fan shouldn't be at the game. I didn't realize your Admin powers were so all encompassing.

Well now you do Sir Whinealot.

I Am Right
9/20/2012, 11:46 AM
Want crowd to be loud? make plays on offense and defense. You play well we yell well. You suck we suck.

8timechamps
9/20/2012, 11:47 AM
Want crowd to be loud? make plays on offense and defense. You play well we yell well. You suck we suck.

Lame excuse. But sadly, true.

FirstandGoal
9/20/2012, 02:33 PM
It's kind of hard though to get excited playing Florida A&M.

Disagree.

We are there to watch our Sooners (not the other team) and should be excited each and every time they take the field. Every snap. All day long. It shouldn't matter who our opponents are. (although I do admit that there are some opponents *cough, cough Notre Dame* that should especially jazz us up.

vtsooner21
9/20/2012, 03:11 PM

Will be doing the Boomer Sooner with the wife here in Vermont...Hope we're loud enough

BOOMER