PDA

View Full Version : Question about Cotton Bowl (OU/TX) seats

mcla6783
9/17/2012, 07:59 PM
Received our tickets today and they are in section 2 at the bottom. My question is, how high up are these seats? If you look at the seating charts this section and section 1, along with 28/29 only have the isle going 2/3rds down the section. If you look at empty photos of the stadium you see that the wall extends 15 rows or so up than it does at mid-field. If my memory serves me correctly they install bleacher type seats in those gaps but I'm not sure if those are considered the same section or not. Has anyone ever sat near these and if so, are these seats 3 rows from the field or actually 15-20 rows up?

Thanks for any help I can get.

nativesooner
9/17/2012, 11:26 PM
Man you're confusing! lol! What row are you on and I can help!

picasso
9/17/2012, 11:29 PM
My advice to you is once you've gotten to your seats, promptly kick the starched shirt Texas grad sitting next to you in the junk.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/17/2012, 11:55 PM
Received our tickets today and they are in section 2 at the bottom. My question is, how high up are these seats? If you look at the seating charts this section and section 1, along with 28/29 only have the isle going 2/3rds down the section. If you look at empty photos of the stadium you see that the wall extends 15 rows or so up than it does at mid-field. If my memory serves me correctly they install bleacher type seats in those gaps but I'm not sure if those are considered the same section or not. Has anyone ever sat near these and if so, are these seats 3 rows from the field or actually 15-20 rows up?

... so what are you going to do if someone tells you they sat in these seats last year and they sucked?

nativesooner
9/18/2012, 12:00 AM
... so what are you going to do if someone tells you they sat in these seats last year and they sucked?

Give them away to me! haha!

sooneron
9/18/2012, 06:28 AM
My advice to you is once you've gotten to your seats, promptly rip the nutsack of the starched shirt Texas grad sitting next to you.

So it was you!

XingTheRubicon
9/18/2012, 07:33 AM

I sat in the lower rows of Sec 2 last year and they are on the field. I loved the seats. 3 or 4 texas guys with longhorn network polo shirts walked right in front of us (pre-game) and a Sooner fan yelled "You're invisible!!" Even the fags in the LHN shirts were laughing. Moments later, we won by 5 1/2 touchdowns.

mcla6783
9/18/2012, 07:58 AM
Man you're confusing! lol! What row are you on and I can help!

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to confuse.

Some more insight - they are in the 2nd row. I also have the option of trading someone and sitting in sec 143 row 4.

I know I will be trading view for atmosphere down there. I just wanted to make for sure these seats weren't unbearable.
Thanks.

XingTheRubicon
9/18/2012, 08:06 AM
Mine were row 3 (Sec 2) and the view is awesome. It's near the goal line, so no players are standing in front of you.

nativesooner
9/18/2012, 11:50 AM
Sorry about that, I didn't mean to confuse.

Some more insight - they are in the 2nd row. I also have the option of trading someone and sitting in sec 143 row 4.

I know I will be trading view for atmosphere down there. I just wanted to make for sure these seats weren't unbearable.
Thanks.

Ok cool.. because "bottom" to some folks could be considered row 10. We sat in Sec 3, row 1 a few years ago. It's a lot of fun and we liked it a lot. The only real cons were that the mobile camera thing was in our way some, and we couldn't see the corner of the Texas endzone past around the 5 so we missed Demarco's sideline tightrope TD....

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/nativesooner/demarcovstex2.jpg

Other than that though, it was great. Some folks prefer to be above row 10 though. Since then I've requested lowers and got them in Sections 1, 28, and 30, and 36 and really liked them. I've also sat in 142 and while the view was great, I liked the lowers better.

nativesooner
9/18/2012, 12:00 PM
Oh and the walkway thing you mentioned just means you'll have to walk down the aisle between 2 and 3 and enter from that side.

yermom
9/18/2012, 01:12 PM
lower has just about always been better for me at that game

although, row 0 around the 50 makes it a little hard to see at times