PDA

View Full Version : Our OU/Texas Tickets...

MamaMia
9/17/2012, 06:19 PM
...came in the mail today. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/banana.gif

85sooners
9/17/2012, 07:21 PM
:tan:

soonerboy_odanorth
9/17/2012, 10:36 PM
How 'bout...

All you OU-Texas ticket scorin' fools...

KISS MAH WHITE CRACKER ***!!!

Harumph! :mad:

nativesooner
9/17/2012, 11:24 PM
How 'bout...

Next year my brotha.... next year....

PS mine arrived too.

MamaMia
9/17/2012, 11:46 PM
Aren't we the home team this year? It does say Texas vs. Oklahoma, so I'm assuming we are?

XingTheRubicon
9/18/2012, 07:35 AM
Yes, home team. Crimson jerseys. Even year. Big XII title every even year since 2000.

BermudaSooner
9/18/2012, 09:09 AM
Aren't we the home team this year? It does say Texas vs. Oklahoma, so I'm assuming we are?

Ahh...wondered why it said Texas vs. Oklahoma...just doesn't sound right. Makes sense though if we are the home team.

And yes, mine arrived as well!

badger
9/18/2012, 09:15 AM
Big XII title every even year since 2000.

Whoa :eek:

fwsooner22
9/18/2012, 09:41 AM
Got Mine.............Always a GREAT day !!!!

SOONERnTx
9/18/2012, 01:49 PM
How 'bout...

You can always try eBay or another online ticket seller. I won an auction on eBay last weekend for a ticket to the game. Wasn't too bad....$160, it's over face value but didn't want to wait till the last minute.

badger
9/18/2012, 01:55 PM
If OU or Texas lose before RRS, prices plummet. Also, the orange/crimson composition changes largely based on who loses. 2005, for example, was a lot of orange. 2010? Crimson-y :D

SoonerMachine
9/18/2012, 10:31 PM
Has anyone else's OU-tx tickets slowly moved away from the 45/50 yard line to the goal line over the last ten years (with the Sooner Club donations each year being the same)? Just curious...

TAFBSooner
9/19/2012, 10:59 AM
Has anyone else's OU-tx tickets slowly moved away from the 45/50 yard line to the goal line over the last ten years (with the Sooner Club donations each year being the same)? Just curious...

Also curious. Was it an even process, or was there a big jump goal-ward after the CB expansion?

MamaMia
9/19/2012, 11:25 AM
I got 4. Our seats have gotten better every year. This year we are over a whole section and down some, but I always put a little extra in the kitty for academics.

badger
9/19/2012, 12:27 PM
Any advice to those seeking OU season tickets, OU-Texas tickets or prime game tickets (like 2004 Sugar Bowl, or extra Notre Dame tickets)?

I know that money is the driving force behind who gets tickets and how many, but there are other ways and we all know it (being a high school recruit or family member of a current player, being grandfathered in, etc)

nativesooner
9/19/2012, 01:41 PM
Any advice to those seeking OU season tickets, OU-Texas tickets or prime game tickets (like 2004 Sugar Bowl, or extra Notre Dame tickets)?

I know that money is the driving force behind who gets tickets and how many, but there are other ways and we all know it (being a high school recruit or family member of a current player, being grandfathered in, etc)

$$!! You already know! The best deals I've noticed though are to buy a whole season for cost once tickets arrive. Typically you see folks selling their season with their donation before they arrive, but once they arrive they tend to drop the price down to what it cost without the donor fee. Sometimes they'll even ask less than what they paid just to get rid of them.

Of course that won't guarantee you Texas tickets, but if they get them as part of their package they may give you first dibs. Otherwise, join the Sooner Club, get some south endzone seats, donate a couple of G's per year for 3 years and you might have enough points for Tex. :)

Wishboned
9/19/2012, 02:46 PM
I bought two tickets from a friend today. It will be my first OU>Texas game. Me and my dad always talked about going, but we never really got the chance. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

Ground_Attack
9/19/2012, 03:04 PM
I haven't received mine yet. This will be my fourth time to be there.

MamaMia
9/19/2012, 03:20 PM

I know that money is the driving force behind who gets tickets and how many, but there are other ways and we all know it (being a high school recruit or family member of a current player, being grandfathered in, etc)The Sooner Club is very upfront in telling you exactly what they can do for you depending on where you want to sit, and exactly what amount of money they will need from you to guarantee some ongoing season tickets in that area. You can always request an upgrade in writing, but if you are willing to donate to the cause, you have a better chance. Thats the way it should be. Supporting our team and school costs a lot more than the face value of a game ticket. Some people are willing to pay their fair share, some people are more interested in getting a bargain for themselves.

budbarrybob
9/20/2012, 02:30 AM
I have sec 1 row 57 x 3 tix :D

Chuck Bao
9/20/2012, 03:29 AM
My brother said that he got his OU-Tex tix yesterday. Besides donating to the school, he ups his points by subscribing to season tix for OU women's basketball (I suppose that works for any OU sports). Anyway, my mom loves this system and rarely misses an OU home basketball game.

Soonerntxs
9/20/2012, 10:19 AM
Section 27 row 24 :victorious:

Wishboned
9/20/2012, 10:40 AM
Section 136. Row 20.

I'm going to take my grandson. He's 8. His first OU game.

SoonerMachine
9/20/2012, 10:52 AM
Also curious. Was it an even process, or was there a big jump goal-ward after the CB expansion?

I believe so... My seating peaked in 2008 (45 yard line, upper deck) and with the same annual donation (1350.00) to the Sooner Club since the year 2000. This year (2012) my tickets are in section 2 (lower deck), so I don't know whether to call or not just in case there's an error. (I don't want to get blacklisted!) Thanks for your input...

BermudaSooner
9/20/2012, 11:24 AM

I went from on the 50...and I mean sitting next to someone dressed in an awful shade of orange...last year (section 6) to section 5 this year.

SOONERnTx
9/20/2012, 03:32 PM
Section 136. Row 20.

I'm going to take my grandson. He's 8. His first OU game.

I'm in section 135. It will be my first ou/tx game. Do you know how the view is from that area?

Wishboned
9/20/2012, 06:40 PM
I'm in section 135. It will be my first ou/tx game. Do you know how the view is from that area?

It's going to be my first OU/tx game too. A friend of mine sat in that area in the 2008 game and he said it wasn't bad.

nativesooner
9/20/2012, 09:51 PM
It's going to be my first OU/tx game too. A friend of mine sat in that area in the 2008 game and he said it wasn't bad.

My uncle had 136 in the teen rows last year, seats 1 and 2 and said they were awesome. He sits in Sec 11 Row 49 at home.

MamaMia
9/20/2012, 11:50 PM
I'm in section 135. It will be my first ou/tx game. Do you know how the view is from that area?You would think, in this day and age that they would have a virtual seating chart.

SOONERnTx
9/21/2012, 11:29 PM
I'm in section 135. It will be my first ou/tx game. Do you know how the view is from that area?You would think, in this day and age that they would have a virtual seating chart.

I know, I looked everywhere for a virtual seating chart, no luck.