PDA

View Full Version : We slipped in the rankings

BigTip
9/17/2012, 01:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/week/4

I figured we might slip a little, but with USuc losing I thought we might maintain at least.

Sure, sure, it doesn't matter until the end.
But it does. I hate the talking heads saying, "Oklahoma is going to need a little help."

BoulderSooner79
9/17/2012, 01:49 PM
I view it more like other teams getting so show something and we haven't yet. The FSU win was impressive.

Soonerjeepman
9/17/2012, 01:53 PM
We play #7, #10, #13, #15, #16, #25 the rest of the season. Obviously some of those rankings will change due to w/l within the league, BUT we get through that without a loss we're good to go. 3 Home, 2 Away 1 Neutral. Really tough road ahead.

Soonerfan88
9/17/2012, 01:54 PM
We didn't move at all - still #5. I did expect FSU to jump us after their big win though.

If you are basing anything on AP, remember they have nothing to do with the BCS so can't help or hurt anyone.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/17/2012, 02:00 PM
We didn't move at all - still #5. I did expect FSU to jump us after their big win though.

If you are basing anything on AP, remember they have nothing to do with the BCS so can't help or hurt anyone.FWIW, Granny and Mayday pushed us out of the top 5, on their sat. night college football show.

Fraggle145
9/17/2012, 02:05 PM
And no ****s were given.

Widescreen
Doesn't matter. We're not winning a national championship this year. I'll feel it's a great year if we can win the Big 12.

SoonerinSouthlake

If you are basing anything on AP, remember they have nothing to do with the BCS so can't help or hurt anyone.FWIW, Granny and Mayday pushed us out of the top 5, on their sat. night college football show.

they are kind of random based on who showed what each week. I think their ratings are stupid and don't matter worth a crap

BigTip
9/17/2012, 02:10 PM
Doesn't matter. We're not winning a national championship this year. I'll feel it's a great year if we can win the Big 12.

Shhh! Don't say that.....out loud.

9/17/2012, 02:12 PM
they are kind of random based on who showed what each week. I think their ratings are stupid and don't matter worth a crapyes, FWIW. We might get the Arkie treatment by bammer, if we were to play them right now, so, I'm in no hurry to be #1 or #2 in the ratings, anyway.

MI Sooner
9/17/2012, 04:18 PM
Shhh! Don't say that.....out loud.

Probably true, but FWIW, I'd be shocked if we didn't end up in the title game with an undefeated season, even if FSU, Oregon, and an SEC team went unbeaten. We'll have the no worse than the #2 computer ranking and resume.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/17/2012, 04:30 PM
Probably true, but FWIW, I'd be shocked if we didn't end up in the title game with an undefeated season, even if FSU, Oregon, and an SEC team went unbeaten. We'll have the no worse than the #2 computer ranking and resume.

well LoSUr or Bama will obviously lose, but I dont know if we jump both FSU and Oregon if they are undefeated too.

The good thing Ive noticed during the last couple of years is that the voters are willing to bump a team over another if they pass the eyeball test and are clearly better....kinda like last year when Bama and LuSUr jumped us before we'd lost

And BS understands the voter mentality. So if we are truly better than we showed vs. UTEP, then Id look for some pretty high scoring affairs, and for our starters to be in late during blowouts.

9/17/2012, 05:19 PM
well LoSUr or Bama will obviously lose, but I dont know if we jump both FSU and Oregon if they are undefeated too.

The good thing Ive noticed during the last couple of years is that the voters are willing to bump a team over another if they pass the eyeball test and are clearly better....kinda like last year when Bama and LuSUr jumped us before we'd lost

And BS understands the voter mentality. So if we are truly better than we showed vs. UTEP, then Id look for some pretty high scoring affairs, and for our starters to be in late during blowouts.usucem condoms are gonna beat the Nike's. Someone else might too. I'm more concerned about those same usucem condoms. They will have to lose another game to not be a possible contender. Bamers will not lose in gegular season. They will be our foe if we can make it there.

tycat947
9/17/2012, 05:41 PM
If we win all our games, it will take care of itself, and we'll be there. If we don't, we won't. Our schedule strength is strong enough to push us to the top.....if we win them all. I don't think we even get close unfortunately.

marfacowboy
9/17/2012, 05:42 PM

I don't like it, but I think you're right. I hope we're wrong.

MamaMia
9/17/2012, 05:46 PM
Stop being so pessimistic! Just stop it!

marfacowboy
9/17/2012, 05:58 PM

Better to be pessimistic and be pleasantly surprised.
Cowherd has us 8th in his Monday ranking. Says we'll lose two...schedule is too tough. He has USC ahead of Stanford.

Widescreen
9/17/2012, 06:09 PM

You're assuming we win all our games. And we won't. Too many OL and DL issues.

cccasooner2
9/17/2012, 06:31 PM
Best chance for undefeated before BCS CCG in my opinion is tOSU and FSU. The rest will have a tough time of it. I don't see anyone in the PAC12 better than 2 losses. SEC should wind up with a 1 loss champion.

Here's to Landry and team keeping the dream alive.

JLEW1818
9/17/2012, 06:36 PM

Cowherd has us 8th in his Monday ranking. Says we'll lose two...schedule is too tough. He has USC ahead of Stanford.

The dude is a penis face tard.

MamaMia
9/17/2012, 07:44 PM
Given the wins and losses, I'm not surprised, since we had the bye instead of a win.

VA Sooner
9/17/2012, 07:47 PM
Wish we would have started out lower and worked our way up actually.

MamaMia
9/17/2012, 07:48 PM
Cowherd has us 8th in his Monday ranking. Says we'll lose two...schedule is too tough. He has USC ahead of Stanford.No thank you. I would rather spend all this time in between games being pleasantly optimistic and have a 2 day melt down if we don't win.

8timechamps
9/17/2012, 08:07 PM
As mentioned earlier, the ratings will take care of themselves. If we somehow go undefeated, we'll be in the title game.

If we are undefeated at the end of the year, we will have seriously earned a spot in the title game.

MamaMia
9/17/2012, 09:27 PM
Why do I keep typing buy, instead of bye, when I know better? :O

MyT Oklahoma
9/17/2012, 10:17 PM
I prefer taking things one game at a time and then seeing where we are in December.

If we win out then we will make the BCS NCG. If we don't then we won't.

Stay tuned and find out.

IronHorseSooner
9/17/2012, 10:23 PM
If we win out, we will be there. We would have far too many good wins,and our worst game, UTEP, would have been at the very beginning. Pollsters put a lot of credence on finishing strong, and our final stretch plays to that.

BigTip
9/17/2012, 10:48 PM

I don't know, but when you figure it out, let me know. Lately, when I am typing fast, I am using strange homonyms like that too. Not common ones like there/their, but weird ones like fair/fare.

olevetonahill
9/17/2012, 11:07 PM

Cause you a woman and you thinkin about shopping and such :drunk:

MamaMia
9/18/2012, 12:05 AM
Cause you a woman and you thinkin about shopping and such :drunk: When I told my husband I was spelling it wrong, thats exactly he said. :D

Blue
9/18/2012, 12:26 AM
The dude is a penis face tard.

Yes. Yes he is. I don't see how anyone could listen to him. Jock sniffing wannabe that doesn't know a thing about sports.

BermudaSooner
9/18/2012, 09:15 AM
Notre Dame at #11 AP is ridiculous. I hope they keep winning, will give us a nice home win. I'm sure Stanford gets them before we can though, and probably Meat Chicken as well.

Sabanball
9/19/2012, 06:08 PM
Your game with West Virginia should tell us who will probably win the Big 12.