PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 movie about the Twin Towers

ouwasp
9/17/2012, 12:36 AM
Do you think Hollywood will ever make a movie featuring the life & death drama of those poor souls trapped above the impact zones on the WTC Towers? Semi-fictional; partly based on phone calls made to loved ones like the really good United 93? Or maybe completely fictional, with fake names, corporations, etc?

This past wk I saw part of a show called The Voices of 9/11, it was based on communications with those that perished when the bldgs collapsed... or in some case when the fire/smoke overwhelmed them.

This might be one of those topics not touched for a few decades because the subject matter is so raw...

What do you think? Will a movie be made? Should it?

Collier11
9/18/2012, 10:15 PM
I thought United 93 was pretty decent, very interesting to see all of the ground communications, especially when they first thought there were a ton of planes missing...that type of movie that you mentioned may be too emotional to do a hollywood movie, unless they possibly focused on 1 character with an interesting backstory

SicEmBaylor
9/18/2012, 11:03 PM
There was that movie about the two cops who were pulled from the rubble...the one with Nick Cage.

Mjcpr
9/18/2012, 11:05 PM
There was that movie about the two cops who were pulled from the rubble...the one with Nick Cage.

Tango and Cash?

KABOOKIE
9/19/2012, 06:03 AM
I doubt they would make one because the surviving family members would sue to get a portion of the earnings. Those people have made a nice living from this tragedy.

MamaMia
9/19/2012, 02:53 PM
I've seen a lot of documentaries and news pieces based on facts and truth. I wouldn't be interested in seeing a movie about it.

8timechamps
9/19/2012, 03:18 PM
Tango and Cash?

Don't be stupid!

It was Turner & Hooch.

Sooner5030
10/5/2012, 11:59 AM
extremely loud and incredibly close was kinda about 911. Kinda sad movie though. I had to go outside and throw rocks at the neighbor's cat just to cheer myself up afterwards.