PDA

View Full Version : Sammy B Lighting Up da Skins

SunnySooner
9/16/2012, 05:52 PM
Close game, Rams D is trying to deal with King RGIII, FUN!!, but Sammy is holding a clinic, some unbelievable throws...if ya don't know Sam, that is...good for him. AND, they are SOLD OUT in St. Louie, looks like they may finally have some sort of team. Y'all watching, or no cov
erage?

Soonerus
9/16/2012, 05:58 PM
No coverage in Norman...

olevetonahill
9/16/2012, 06:11 PM
Yea I cant find it here either

tulsaoilerfan
9/16/2012, 06:17 PM
We got stuck with a crappy performance by Dallas

SunnySooner
9/16/2012, 06:26 PM
Aww, sucks!! His hair has been on fire, best in a long time.

28 to 31, Skins, Ram back just fumbled. Stephen Jackson has been in the "I got a really effin stupid penalty" doghouse, he ain't playin'---dumb spike, I think, didn't see that. 1:50 left in the 4th...1st and 10 Skins on the Rams 36.

SunnySooner
9/16/2012, 06:28 PM
Skins have no time outs, 3rd and 6...short!!! And the WR threw the ball at a Ram, draws a flag, 4th and a mile, outta FG range, Skins need to get to 29 for 1st down...time out, STL.

SunnySooner
9/16/2012, 06:30 PM
Skins going for 62 yarder....it is....no good!! Rams get ball on the 50, 1:13 remain, trail by 3...COME ON, SAMMY!!!!!

SunnySooner
9/16/2012, 06:33 PM
Oh, crap, I had it backwards, lol!!! I'm watching on a teeny TV, can't see the score thingy...it was RAMS, 31 SKINS 28...Sammy spikes, time is out....RAMS WIN RAMS WIN RAMS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the announcer said Sam was "brilliant, best I've seen him play." House going nuts....good day to be a Rams (or Cowboy, at least the Skins LOST, lol!!!)), amazing, emotional game. Whew.

nighttrain12
9/16/2012, 06:36 PM
Skins going for 62 yarder....it is....no good!! Rams get ball on the 50, 1:13 remain, trail by 3...COME ON, SAMMY!!!!!

Surprised they didn't let RGIII air one out for the TD considering he was so good at it last year against.... OOPS! Never mind!

SunnySooner
9/16/2012, 06:58 PM
LOL! Yeah, that penalty cost them a chance, they were in range...wouldn't want to be that dude right now.

nighttrain12
9/16/2012, 07:11 PM
LOL! Yeah, that penalty cost them a chance, they were in range...wouldn't want to be that dude right now.

I saw the replay of that penalty on NBC pregame coverage. Wow, that guy made a split second bonehead play!

VA Sooner
9/16/2012, 07:15 PM
Great game, great comeback. Good for Sammy!

Salt City Sooner
9/16/2012, 07:37 PM
Surprised they didn't let RGIII air one out for the TD considering he was so good at it last year against.... OOPS! Never mind!

He hasn't lost the touch either. He had a 68 yarder earlier in the game that was a thing of beauty.

mojorisen2014
9/16/2012, 07:44 PM
Aww, sucks!! His hair has been on fire, best in a long time.

28 to 31, Skins, Ram back just fumbled. Stephen Jackson has been in the "I got a really effin stupid penalty" doghouse, he ain't playin'---dumb spike, I think, didn't see that. 1:50 left in the 4th...1st and 10 Skins on the Rams 36.

In the 1st the Rams were on the goalline and Jackson thought he scored a TD and refs thought otherwise so Jackson spiked the ball earning a flag and the Rams had to settle for a FG. Jackson never saw the field again. Kudos to Jeff Fisher for that.

JLMSOONER
9/16/2012, 07:45 PM
Was at the rams tailgate before the game. This town is anxious for a winner. Cement to both preseason home games. Sam looks good. The O line is doing their job and so is the D. I hope they have a winning season. Sam deserves it for sure. He needs to get everyone's mind off of curt Warner.

bluedogok
9/16/2012, 08:33 PM
We had both the Cowboy game on the 55" (for my wife) and I flipped between the Rams game and Sunday Ticket Game Mix on the 32" until the Cowboys game was over. Good game by Sam, Finegan is still the agitator he was with the Titans.

goingoneight
9/16/2012, 08:50 PM
Speaking as a Cowboy fan, our game was over pretty much just before the half. We decided we wanted to give them the ball all day long and see what they might do with it.

Life is good these days when I have a couple of other teams I like (with star Sooners) to soften the blow of the occasional bad NFL Sunday.

Soonerjeepman
9/16/2012, 10:52 PM
cool..last I saw Rams down 14 to 6 I think...good for Sammy.

StoopTroup
9/16/2012, 11:52 PM
Dear RG3....meet a real QB.

WTG SAMMIE ! ! !

nighttrain12
9/17/2012, 01:46 AM
In the 1st the Rams were on the goalline and Jackson thought he scored a TD and refs thought otherwise so Jackson spiked the ball earning a flag and the Rams had to settle for a FG. Jackson never saw the field again. Kudos to Jeff Fisher for that.

Fisher did say after the game S.Jackson suffered a groin injury but he could have been exaggerating that so as not to embarrass Jackson further.

cleller
9/17/2012, 08:02 AM
RGIII its too caught up in his Swooshgate thing right now. (covering the Nike swoosh on his warmups due to his deal with Addidas)

http://sports.yahoo.com/sportsminute

jkjsooner
9/17/2012, 08:20 AM
Dear RG3....meet a real QB.

WTG SAMMIE ! ! !

RG3 did more than his part to win the game. I'm sure there are going to be growing pains but the guy is going to be a force for a long time to come. He also has the benefit of having a pretty good head on his shoulders.

jkjsooner
9/17/2012, 08:22 AM
Oh, crap, I had it backwards, lol!!! I'm watching on a teeny TV, can't see the score thingy...it was RAMS, 31 SKINS 28...Sammy spikes, time is out....RAMS WIN RAMS WIN RAMS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for clarification, Bradford definitely did not spike the ball. I don't think that would have gone over well when you're running out the clock. ;-)

And, yes, I know what you meant.

Lott's Bandana
9/17/2012, 08:37 AM

In SJack's defense, he DID score a TD. The jackhole replacements didn't see it, but the ball clearly crossed the goalline.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/09/replacement-officials-blow-steven-jackson-touchdown-call-nfl-lucky-rams-still-win-video.html

Those of you who didn't get the coverage (like me), the investment in the NFL Red Zone is worth the rubles. I ended up seeing most of the game, and with the Ram's no=huddle, Sam looked like he was wearing crimson again. He was incredibly comfortable and was deadly accurate.

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2012, 08:57 AM
This was, without a doubt, the worst officiating I've seen in any NFL game so far this year. Total amateur hour.

SunnySooner
9/17/2012, 09:16 AM
One of the dudes on the after-show said something like...Cam Newton, the things he does, yes, special...but this guy (Sam)...(holds out hands, shakes head)...beyond special, really another level. I think it was the first time a lot of these guys had seen how accurate he is when he's got a little protection. Scary accurate, if you're not a Ram.

Cam? Cam who?!?!? lol!!!! Congrats to Sam, he's earned it!!

Mississippi Sooner
9/17/2012, 09:19 AM
Sam looked great, and Amendola was playing out of his mind, too. Just a couple more catches and he would have tied a Rams record that has stood for over 60 years.

SunnySooner
9/17/2012, 09:28 AM
Yep, Danny A got the other kudos, "Dude's like a buck-fifty, pound for pound the TOUGHEST player in the NFL", lol. Great story there too, I think Sammy's accuracy and "touch" could help him become the receiver no one thought he could ever be. Cause he is a fighter, no doubt.

CowboyMRW
9/17/2012, 09:44 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A29EQNcCcAI2lN0.png

Haha, saw an OSU fan post this. Don't know how many of yall know this or not, but it was posted because OSU fans absolutely HATE RG3.

Speaking of RG3, did yall hear the Giants D-Lineman. He was asked what he thought about RG3, and he was like Who? I don't know an RG3. Here in NY we call him "Bob". He hasn't earned the nickname RG3 yet.

Widescreen
9/17/2012, 09:48 AM
It's kind of irritating that all the highlights of last night's game are of RG3. You go to ESPN or NFL.COM and watch the highlights and there's a huge helping of RG3 in a losing effort and the only Bradford play is a 1-yard TD pass. I'm sure Sam doesn't care but I do.

ouleaf
9/17/2012, 09:50 AM
Good game for Sam. Those have been few and far between for him over the past few seasons. I do think Fisher is really going to help this team, and the definitely did some things to shore up their defense a little bit IMO in the offseason. Now if they could only get some semblance of an offensive line, they could be dangerous.

Kind of sounds like the Cowboys right about now, who were just awful yesterday. Seattle isn't a bad team by any means, but to just get man-handled all day was awful.

Lott's Bandana
9/17/2012, 10:15 AM
It's kind of irritating that all the highlights of last night's game are of RG3. You go to ESPN or NFL.COM and watch the highlights and there's a huge helping of RG3 in a losing effort and the only Bradford play is a 1-yard TD pass. I'm sure Sam doesn't care but I do.

Watch what happens if the Rams move to LA.

Statalyzer
9/17/2012, 11:06 AM
Amendola has been really underrated for a while; even at Tech he seemed to always be overshadowed and not get the credit he deserved.

The funny thing was that in an interview this past week, he said something like "Keeping our cool is going to be key. Cortland Finnegan especially loves to get under your skin because he knows the referees can't see everything, and when their attention is drawn what they see is the guy who retaliates, so I know it's tough with a guy like that guarding me because I gotta make sure I don't be that second guy who gets caught."

kevpks
9/17/2012, 11:38 AM
Just for clarification, Bradford definitely did not spike the ball. I don't think that would have gone over well when you're running out the clock. ;-)

Rhett Bomar tried that in the Holiday Bowl. I remember our next play involved taking a knee again inside the five after the penalty.

cvsooner
9/17/2012, 12:10 PM

The highlights I saw last night on ESPN showed his 30 plus yard TD to Brandon Gibson as well, and praised the former Heisman Trophy winner as having an exceptional arm also. Let's face it...RG3 is pretty marketable right now and everyone is milking it for what it's worth. Sam didn't get a national contract with Subway that kept airing during the Olympics, either.

swardboy
9/17/2012, 12:29 PM
Just to be clear, I saw the game, and after Jackson spiked the ball, I saw sideline attendants holding towels to block the view of Jackson doing something, probably using heat balm...and he said later his groin had tightened up and wouldn't loosen up. If you saw his demeanor on the sideline throughout the rest of the game you knew he wasn't under any disciplinary action...they just wouldn't risk serious injury putting him back in. But what a job the Richardson kid did! Great experience for him.

Sam now has a QB rating of 107.5 through two games...I believe 5th in the NFL.

SunnySooner
9/17/2012, 12:31 PM
http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/videos/Bradford_34Yard_TD_Pass_to_Gibson/79702f4a-67aa-42fb-a264-9800e2ecdf25

Here's the 34 yarder, on the money. TD! More clips at that site as well.

EatLeadCommie
9/17/2012, 02:59 PM
Something disconcerting for me is that neither Quick nor Givens-- the 2 WRs they drafted-- have a catch through the first two games.

Lott's Bandana
9/17/2012, 03:28 PM
Something disconcerting for me is that neither Quick nor Givens-- the 2 WRs they drafted-- have a catch through the first two games.

Sammy made the mistake of hitting one of them in the hands with the ball one time yesterday.

Lott's Bandana
9/17/2012, 03:30 PM
http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/videos/Bradford_34Yard_TD_Pass_to_Gibson/79702f4a-67aa-42fb-a264-9800e2ecdf25

Here's the 34 yarder, on the money. TD! More clips at that site as well.

He took the snap under center on that play as well.

Did you catch that, Trent Dilfer?

bluedogok
9/17/2012, 08:53 PM
This was, without a doubt, the worst officiating I've seen in any NFL game so far this year. Total amateur hour.
The replacements tonight are trying to outdo them....