PDA

View Full Version : SD card knowledge possessors

olevetonahill
9/16/2012, 04:16 PM
Do they "Go Bad"

I have a 2 GB card for my Critter cam
Worked fine for a long time
Then it went to just taking about 8 pics and shuting down, I installed fresh battery's. No help.
Put the card in the Puter and it gives me an option to open folders, No Pics like with my other cards
when I open the folders deal it looks like they written in greek er some shat

No clue what this carp is and It wont let me copy it .So i can show yall what it does
My card out of my camera goes straight to askin me what I want to do with the pics .

Should I toss the card and get a new one?

olevetonahill
9/16/2012, 04:17 PM
Oh and Now it wont take ANY pics

yermom
9/16/2012, 04:28 PM
you can only write to them so many times. not sure how much you have written and deleted...

but yeah, they can go bad

olevetonahill
9/16/2012, 04:36 PM
you can only write to them so many times. not sure how much you have written and deleted...

but yeah, they can go bad

Hmm its about 2 years or so old . only did the Pics maybe 10 times off it, And never had all it would hold
Ima get a new one and try that then. I thot the Critter cam went bad

Is 2 GB too small or what? I have a 4 for my reg camera Best Buy dude said it was big enough to do Vids and such.
Course I barely ever take any pics so I dont care about the Vid deal

Just looked at Amazon and they got some 32 GB cards Im thinking why in hell would ya need that much??????

yermom
9/16/2012, 04:45 PM
you can use them for anything you'd use a hard drive for, really

olevetonahill
9/16/2012, 04:50 PM
you can use them for anything you'd use a hard drive for, really

So this one may be full of stuff from my Puter if I left it in a day er so?
How do I erase the crap that I aint got a clue what is?

I just ordered 2 from Amazon 8GBs for 11. 50 total

sooner_born_1960
9/16/2012, 05:16 PM
try reformatting it.

pphilfran
9/16/2012, 05:36 PM
Has the card been in the sun? You can corrupt data with overheating...

Reformatting is a good idea...

I think this is right...

Put the card into the computer slot and then open my computer and right click on the SD drive and select format.....

You will lose all data with a reformat...

olevetonahill
9/16/2012, 05:38 PM
Has the card been in the sun? You can corrupt data with overheating...

Reformatting is a good idea...

I think this is right...

Put the card into the computer slot and then open my computer and right click on the SD drive and select format.....

You will lose all data with a reformat...

Just on the card right?
Cause hell I aint got a clue whats on it
It says I can open the files on it But I dont know what they are or where they came from Kinda Like a funny email I aint gonna open shat i aint got a clue what it is

pphilfran
9/16/2012, 05:39 PM
Hell, yes, make sure you are formatting just the card....or you will be ****ed...

olevetonahill
9/16/2012, 05:42 PM
Hell, yes, make sure you are formatting just the card....or you will be ****ed...

I think I just wait on the New cards to get here and toss this one hell an 8GB was only $5.75 er somepun

pphilfran
9/16/2012, 05:43 PM
Formatting is not instantaneous...depending on the size it might take a few minutes...

pphilfran
9/16/2012, 05:43 PM
I think I just wait on the New cards to get here and toss this one hell an 8GB was only $5.75 er somepun

*****!

pphilfran
9/16/2012, 05:46 PM
It is not difficult..open up My Computer or Computer or whatever it is called on your operating system...it will list the various drives...

If you are not sure which is the SD card you can open each drive and look at the contents until you find the one that has only your pics and it will be the SD drive...

When you find it you then right click on that drive and select format...

I am an old fart an I can do it...

pphilfran
9/16/2012, 05:51 PM
C drive is more than likely going to be you main drive...do not format that drive...

The worst you can do is blow away your operating system..so don't worry about it....lol

olevetonahill
9/16/2012, 05:55 PM
C drive is more than likely going to be you main drive...do not format that drive...

The worst you can do is blow away your operating system..so don't worry about it....lol

Very ****in funny :pirate:

I dont need to use the camera right now, this is only a 2GB card the new one will be here by the end of the week . Why chance it?

pphilfran
9/16/2012, 06:00 PM
Very ****in funny :pirate:

I dont need to use the camera right now, this is only a 2GB card the new one will be here by the end of the week . Why chance it?

Come on...have some balls...take a risk...DO IT! lol

pphilfran
9/16/2012, 06:02 PM
Now, all of the young whippersnappers will be laughing at us old crippled up folks...

All because of YOU!

olevetonahill
9/16/2012, 06:10 PM
Now, all of the young whippersnappers will be laughing at us old crippled up folks...

All because of YOU!

I got Old by not givin a Ratsass **** about what the younger folk think :pirate:

pphilfran
9/16/2012, 06:11 PM
Tonight will be the night that momma mountain lion brings her cubs to your feeder....

pphilfran
9/16/2012, 06:12 PM
I got Old by not givin a Ratsass **** about what the younger folk think :pirate:

lol

cleller
9/17/2012, 07:56 AM
I've had one or two go bad with my critter cams. You can get a good deal at Amazon. 2 Gb is probably enough if you keep them set on photo, and not video. If you leave the critter cam on video and don't check it often, a 4 Gb might be better. Try to get a good brand like Sandisk.

olevetonahill
9/17/2012, 08:27 AM
I've had one or two go bad with my critter cams. You can get a good deal at Amazon. 2 Gb is probably enough if you keep them set on photo, and not video. If you leave the critter cam on video and don't check it often, a 4 Gb might be better. Try to get a good brand like Sandisk.

Thats what i ordered from Amazon 2 sandisk 8GB for $5.75 each

sooner_born_1960
9/17/2012, 09:03 AM
If you're too much of a chicken :) to format the card on your computer, most cameras I've seen(all of them actually) have an option to format the card right from the camera.

sooner_born_1960
9/17/2012, 09:04 AM
And, the advice to format the card didn't come from a youngster.

olevetonahill
9/17/2012, 09:08 AM
If you're too much of a chicken :) to format the card on your computer, most cameras I've seen(all of them actually) have an option to format the card right from the camera.

Im armed but still not ready for battle :tan:

http://www.wallpaperslibrary.com/Wallpapers/Funny/funny-war-chicken-wallpaper.jpg

olevetonahill
9/17/2012, 09:22 AM
And, the advice to format the card didn't come from a youngster.

Ok I did it, No big deal. Werks great in My reg Cam , Just took 1 pic in my Game cam, and wont take any more WTF?????????????

sooner_born_1960
9/17/2012, 10:08 AM
Is your game cam taking 2GB pictures?

pphilfran
9/17/2012, 04:32 PM
Ok I did it, No big deal. Werks great in My reg Cam , Just took 1 pic in my Game cam, and wont take any more WTF?????????????

Well, ****....

olevetonahill
9/17/2012, 04:38 PM
Is your game cam taking 2GB pictures?

Hell if I know, It used to take Pics all day an night , Now it just takes ONE and quits
I think its Fubared . Got a message into the company
see what they think , I think the Cam is broked bad