PDA

View Full Version : K State Must Not Have Brought Their Power Towels

BoomerJ
9/15/2012, 08:07 PM
...Leads by one thanks to a muffed extra point to North Freakin' Texas. Anyone else feel a little better about next week.

9/15/2012, 08:14 PM
Terrible OL. We just need to be be aggressive on The DL. Well, and execute on offense and stuff. I like our chances in a good way.

Soonerus
9/15/2012, 08:17 PM
Same old Snyder defense blitz every down to try to fluster the QB, Landry should have a field day against K. State...

olevetonahill
9/15/2012, 08:44 PM
Aint Skeered

birddog
9/15/2012, 09:13 PM
35-21

redkid
9/16/2012, 01:30 AM
I'm thinking we can score double what north Texas scored and hold them to half of what they scored against nt,,,

soonergirlNeugene
9/16/2012, 04:31 AM
Cupcake game with Oklahoma looming the next weekend? Seems like a classic trap game to me. I'm sure Snyder will put more effort into prepping next week.

zeke
9/16/2012, 08:06 AM
Cupcake game with Oklahoma looming the next weekend? Seems like a classic trap game to me. I'm sure Snyder will put more effort into prepping next week.

^this^

With OU's effort over the last several years towards games that we ought to win, no I dont feel better. I would rather K St to have kicked crap from whoever they were playing so that we put all of our efforts, coaches & players, towards winning.
Its not out of the realm of possibilities that after that game yesterday OU get lax in the preperation, or whatever it is they do or dont do when they give a half azz effort.

PLaw
9/16/2012, 08:11 AM

Spot on. Snyder's boys were caught looking ahead to next week. I don't take much away from this game - you can bet they've been working on OU since camp.

Boomer

Soonerjeepman
9/16/2012, 08:41 AM
Frankly the way our D/O lines have played against CRAP opponents, allowing 6 sacks, I don't think there is one "gimmie" left but ku. No I don't feel any better, ksu was looking ahead. I know Snyder is old but I believe he's a pretty good coach. What he did at ksu the first time was phenomenal, but doing it twice? wow. He'll have ksu ready.

I do think if the "good" OU shows up we CAN beat them by 21.

picasso
9/16/2012, 10:11 AM
Well, the second time around isn't that impressive. Parity reigns supreme these days. KSU should get our attention, which means we win.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/16/2012, 10:15 AM
If KSU was looking ahead to next week, it sounds like they need to do a better job of coaching there. OU only loses at home when they don't respect their opponent. I don't see that happening in this game.

8timechamps
9/16/2012, 12:43 PM
I said it last week, and I'll say it again this week: OU will have no trouble with KSU. They do not (as always) match up with us, and I don't care how impressed people were by the Miami win, I watch the entire game, and am convinced FAMU played harder than Miami.

Klein is the same QB he was last year, if you pressure him, he can't beat you with his arm. Still have to keep him contained, but the results will be similar to last year.

MamaMia
9/16/2012, 12:59 PM
I always say an extra prayer of protection for our quarterbacks when we play a Snyders K State. His number one game plan is to take the quarterback out. If it means making late hits, thats okay with him too.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/16/2012, 02:17 PM
Honestly, I don't really feel better, per se, about this game. KSU was looking ahead. They can dress it up however they want that they were staying focused agains UNT, but that's a load of poo. They want to make up for the shellacking we gave them last year.

But the way this sets up, we now have two season-defining games in a row.

Beat K-State, and we contend for a Big XII championship. They are a quality football team. Beating them, especially if we do so somehow by a couple or more scores, makes a big statement. Lose, we flirt with a losing season. (That's not over-stating it with the schedule in front of us.)

Beat Tech, and we contend for a National Championship. With all the trouble we've had over the last decade in Lubbock, a win there means this team is ready to make a huge run. Lose, and we're still in contention for the Big XII championship, just a little shakier, and then the Texas game probably decides it.

Overall I think both these next two games are actually more key than Texas this year. (And we better notice, they looked really good against Ole Miss... yes, I know Ole Miss is short on scholarships and is in the bottom quarter of SEC teams. But still, more impressive than anything we've done this year to date.) We can survive a loss to Texas and still achieve a Big XII championship and still be in the NC discussion.

Anyway, long blah-blah-blah way of saying... I'll take any kind of win over K-State. I don't know if my heart can take a 1 point squeaker... but it will be a really good thing if we get the W, any way the W happens.

Here it is:

OU 33
KSU 31

Be forwarned. Me predicting a victory, however narrow, is generally the kiss of death. So good luck with that.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/16/2012, 02:22 PM
I said it last week, and I'll say it again this week: OU will have no trouble with KSU. They do not (as always) match up with us, and I don't care how impressed people were by the Miami win, I watch the entire game, and am convinced FAMU played harder than Miami.

Klein is the same QB he was last year, if you pressure him, he can't beat you with his arm. Still have to keep him contained, but the results will be similar to last year.

I can't tell you how much I hope you have that prediction nailed. But they'll be ready. 2001 was surreal because of the circumstances, but it just has that kind of a feel to me.

If we beat KSU as you predict (similar to last year), how do you feel about Taco Tech in 3 weeks?

8timechamps
9/16/2012, 05:27 PM
I can't tell you how much I hope you have that prediction nailed. But they'll be ready. 2001 was surreal because of the circumstances, but it just has that kind of a feel to me.

If we beat KSU as you predict (similar to last year), how do you feel about Taco Tech in 3 weeks?

I really do believe we beat KSU, for a lot of reasons...I'll post a thread later in the week.

I feel good about the Tech game because I know we won't be overlooking them. However, there's something to be said for how poorly we've played there. I don't know why we we have struggled there, but we have. I do agree with you, that if we drop the game there, it'll take us out of the national title picture. As far as "easy" games go, we're done with those until KU. The next three games will absolutely define our season.

I was a tiny bit impressed with Texas, but that's a month away. If we get through Tech, and are sitting at 4-0, really like our chances.